Making ends meet...

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2008, 07:12 PM

va stunta is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Making ends meet...

dude most americans are struggling right now..
even the richest of the rich dont have it as good as they usually do.
you just gotta have some sorta hope that things are gonna get better, and our unappreciative generation needs a wakeup call from this.
my family owns retail stores (clothing stores) throughout maryland and d.c and we are not making any money right now. for each store the rent is atleast $10,000 dollars a month not including employee pay, utilities, and all the bills associated with my house. (virginia is expensive as hell to live in where i live).
if people can barely afford their mortgages and gas what makes you think they're gonna spend money on highpriced clothing??? we're struggling right now and its really sad. people assume that business owners like my dad have a good right now but we're really goin downhill.
stuntriding is an escape for me though. its gonna get better though.
Old 11-13-2008, 07:28 PM

CPat is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm barely making ends meet, but doing whatever I can....stopped going out to lunch, (progresso soup is 2 for $3, and it's not ramen!) and I try to eat at home or grab what I can off the dollar menu on my way to class. Between rent, cell phone, tickets, tuition, internet (no cable since we do't get $hit done when we have it), gas since I have to drive to east B.F. for class this semester, maintenance on my car, and food, I'm down to about $40 to live off of each week...not a lot to get ahead, save anything, or even think about buying a bike right now.

I'm hoping that I can save a little bit here and there and be able to buy a couple Christmas presents though.

If you're looking to make a few extra bucks, and your street smart... www.craigslist.com and go to the gigs section. You can usually dig up a job that'll make you a couple bucks here and there.

And EBAY that crap you got layin in the garage that's just in the way!!! It's not doing anything, so make a buck with it!!!
Old 11-13-2008, 07:39 PM
FTP

classic customs is a decent person

Originally Posted by NyQuiLx21
Just found this site and first of all want to say it's badass

I stunt as much as I possibly can, but man this economy is going down! I've been forced to work two jobs and I'm going to school to have a good future...which pretty much equals very very little time to stunt...and if I try to free up time, then I have no money to stunt

Anyone else have this problem? One similar? I'm curious as to how you guys make ends meet...

Man life is getting rough
Originally Posted by MikeM
Work every day to pay the mortgage, and I sell drugs to little children to put food on the table for my family.
Old 11-13-2008, 07:56 PM
Call me *Point Blank*

cbr_stunt is an unknown quantity at this point

+1 im the exact way right now at 18 yrs old. wake up at 6:00am every week day and get home at around 9:45pm.I work 8hrs everyday and 9hrs on sunday + go to school just to have some money to buy another bike and have some change to get through this economic era. somedays it sucks knowing i cant come home after school and sleep or chill with friends for awhile but it'll all pay off next spring when im cluthin up some wheelies again. LOL thats just how bad i wanna ride again.

[quote=12oclocker;3619738]not rich, but very good income, I did bust my *** off my entire life to get to this point though, no one gave me a damn thing, I worked my *** off and went to school and whatnot. while my friends were out at parties, I was either busting *** at school or work, day and night. I know what its like to have nothing and be poor, it motivates you to do something with your life., f'k yeah its tough.

Last edited by cbr_stunt; 11-13-2008 at 08:02 PM.
Old 11-13-2008, 08:43 PM

12oclocker is an unknown quantity at this point

+1
Ebay and criagslist is the where its at! I just cleaned out my garage and basement, had all kinds of stuff laying around I never use anymore, paid some bills and got some supermoto wheels with the money. yeah **** sucks for everyone right now, everyone I know including myself has really cut back on spending, economy sucks.

And EBAY that crap you got layin in the garage that's just in the way!!! It's not doing anything, so make a buck with it!!!
Old 11-13-2008, 09:23 PM

dippah is an unknown quantity at this point

am i the only one that that it was "Making ends meat" or am i F'n up!?

XD <----thats me laughing as hard as i can with my eyes shut!

...oh and i live at home with moms and dad, work and go to school. i cant afford equipment but im not at that a serious level yet. sucks cause the little money i have is gone off the smallest things but i cant let it get me down. just save...that and ask people to borrow 5 bucks and never pay 'em back like my boy cj!
Old 11-13-2008, 10:07 PM
Embrace the Hate

EZEC is a splendid one to beholdEZEC is a splendid one to beholdEZEC is a splendid one to beholdEZEC is a splendid one to beholdEZEC is a splendid one to beholdEZEC is a splendid one to beholdEZEC is a splendid one to beholdEZEC is a splendid one to behold

i'm doing fine if i didn't have a mortage i really wouldn't have any bills...i was going to get a new truck but i'm blowing all my money on more guns.
Old 11-13-2008, 10:29 PM
Not guilty

villa76 is a splendid one to beholdvilla76 is a splendid one to beholdvilla76 is a splendid one to beholdvilla76 is a splendid one to beholdvilla76 is a splendid one to beholdvilla76 is a splendid one to beholdvilla76 is a splendid one to beholdvilla76 is a splendid one to behold

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aKFMo8Cv81Y
Old 11-13-2008, 10:30 PM

joey b is an unknown quantity at this point

this how i make it

everyone picks what they want to do

the unfranchise business development system of market america

never a down qtr in 16 yrs... grows every yr!!!!! works out great!!!!!!!!!!

dont be scared to look in to it check it out www.marketamerica.com/jhma

contact me for more info... not eveyone can make it but everyone has the right to true it
Old 11-13-2008, 11:30 PM
motorcityfreestyle.com

baranami is a decent person

is it good to buy stock right now with ford and gm?.....

at 1.76 bought 9000 shares(ford)

at 2.90 bought 2000 shares(gm)

by the way it wasnt me.....it was friend....wat do u guys think?

and also wat do u guys think on buying stocks with ebay?
its getin low and i heard somethign about some guy taking over and messing it up for the sellers....and alot of powersellers are saying to sell ebay stock...but im thinking i should buy...becuz ebay is big and it can go up if a few things change....idk..

update: ok it was me...lol....didnt want u guys to cuss me out if i did something dumb...but its my money and i think at least i hope i did the right thing...i can make money maybe in a while...and also the reason why i dont own a stunter right now is becuz im busy with college and work and im trying to get married soon and u know work hard now and it pays off later....and then i can have time to play/stutn with bikes

and also worked with ford for a while...but know with comcast 12/hr

Last edited by baranami; 11-13-2008 at 11:37 PM.
Old 11-13-2008, 11:55 PM
CLUTCH IT UP BRRAAPPP!

dstb40 is a decent person

Originally Posted by NyQuiLx21
Damn sounds like I'm not the only one here struggling...

but to all the ppl that are joking around about it and not giving a serious answer with your joke, do you have it made? Or do you just not sweat it? It's easy to let a lot roll off my back...but not when I'm not enjoying life...kinda gets to ya you know
i go to college man i work two busted *** jobs (best buy, target) an i play rugby for the school. i got no fam so i pay everything myself. so bills every months is like a mid life crisis bro. you jus gotta buckle down an do whatever it takes to get **** done. i jus started stuntin a few months ago i found out im kinda natural at it an really good. so i keep doin it. i jus got arrested twice like a fuqtard for ridin wheelies down the highway so the cost for that is buildin up an killin me. but real talk you jus put all your priorities in order take one step back keep ya head up an handle it one thing at a time. i love ridin. its the only time in my life when i have no worries. when i pop the clutch my mind goes blank i dotn worry bout nothin. yea its hard but think someone always got it worse. you got a bike a job an school. people got no jobs no vehicle an no school.... an whats even worse i feel bad for the sorry ******* who never know what its like to clutch one up an rock that **** down the highway.... do what it takes bro its all worth it in the end.... bbbbrrrraaaappppp!
Old 11-13-2008, 11:59 PM
CLUTCH IT UP BRRAAPPP!

dstb40 is a decent person

Originally Posted by DIRTYJEFF636s
I charge fat chicks $1000 and **** 50. 50K a year tax free
im gonna undercut him like walmart.
FLUFFY LADIES ILL DO IT $750 AN ILL BRING THE WHIP CREAM JUS BE READY FOR SOME FREAKY SHIIII HAHAHA
Old 11-14-2008, 12:54 AM

monday518 is just really nicemonday518 is just really nicemonday518 is just really nicemonday518 is just really nicemonday518 is just really nice

we'll all be dead in a hundred years anyway lol
Old 11-14-2008, 01:39 AM

shayneusaf is a decent person

Originally Posted by old man roger
:p got it ....and no i never knew what the hell it was but people post it all the time
omfg the responses are great...u wanna know the secret tho bro....im in the reserves so i go one weekend a month to train, pretty much deploy to iraq 6months outta every year and a half....they pay for school, ok good right? then i work under the table doin flooring 3 or 4 days a week 6 hours a day...even better, non taxable....the best part which makes u feel like a scumbag, but **** it if ur young like most of us who cares, apply for food stamps and thats how you eat, lol its a great system for me...deployments suck but hey give a lil for ur country too... and also it takes care of my medical insurance, which is a must for stuntin anyways...kinda a win win situation...unless i get fucked up
Old 11-14-2008, 04:43 AM
Eberle

EBERLE is a decent person

Originally Posted by shayneusaf
omfg the responses are great...u wanna know the secret tho bro....im in the reserves so i go one weekend a month to train, pretty much deploy to iraq 6months outta every year and a half....they pay for school, ok good right? then i work under the table doin flooring 3 or 4 days a week 6 hours a day...even better, non taxable....the best part which makes u feel like a scumbag, but **** it if ur young like most of us who cares, apply for food stamps and thats how you eat, lol its a great system for me...deployments suck but hey give a lil for ur country too... and also it takes care of my medical insurance, which is a must for stuntin anyways...kinda a win win situation...unless i get fucked up
+1
Old 11-14-2008, 04:44 AM
Eberle

EBERLE is a decent person

Originally Posted by shayneusaf
+1im in the national guard.....**** iraq just got back in sept.
Old 11-14-2008, 09:11 AM
I Chose to No Longer Post

Ryan S is a decent person

jstuntlocke-----you said it all--BOW SEASON.....kill em if you see em!!
Old 11-14-2008, 11:15 AM
hunts and stunts

jstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Ryan S
jstuntlocke-----you said it all--BOW SEASON.....kill em if you see em!!
yea.. you know me tho....
Gotta wait on a gagger buck!! A total slobber knocker!!! LOL ben passin a ton of 130's and 140 3 1/2yr olds so far, so this is two years in a row! It's gonna pay off pretty soon I can feel it. It better as much as I'm strugglin lately..

I almost got a big 179-180" booner last night! He hung up with the does around 45-50yrds.
Then I blew out a brand new tire on my van @ 5:am this morning..... & no spare!

LOL gettin it fixed as we speak... Also, the invitation still stands bro. for whenever you can make it...

FYI, out of state tags went to a draw system and prices went up too... Pity huh? Start applying next year, and I think i'ts a preference point system if you don't draw.....
Most of what I've heard is everyone is pretty much drawing thier tags though anyways...
Old 11-14-2008, 11:34 AM

eazenutz33 is an unknown quantity at this point

Jason.....they're drawing em cause its stupid ****** expensive to hunt in Kans-*** form out of state.
And you gotta stop talkin bout gagging and ****! lol

as far as making ends meet.......I steal **** outta Dan Jackson's truck and trailer and pawn it for the majority of my income. Other than that I go to school fulltime and use my student loans to pay for the baby, my other babies (guns, lots of em), stunting habit, and other luxuries like food and water.
Old 11-14-2008, 12:09 PM
hunts and stunts

jstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to behold

Dillen.... now I want my cut or I'm rattin you out! LOL

and I'm soooo happy I live in Kansas for deer hunting, especially now!
Because now with less and less cheapskate non-QDM(quality deer management) minded out of stater's takin small bucks now cuz they are out of state and it's the last day or whatever, means the bigger bucks will have a chance at growing up so there are even more big Kansas Deer for me to pick from! ...see I don't care if they draw or not, it's the fewer numbers of hunters that I like! Fewer people will be able to afford it.. not that it's always the case, but the people that can afford it are usually more educated about proper QDM. and eventually this will lead to fewer numbers, less pressure becuase the remaining numbers will be better hunters, and in a few years hopefully we'll be seeing it's effects as resident AND non-resident hunters alike!
It is a cause and effect type thing in theory I think...
we got plenty of residents that are idiot hunters about it as it is anyways.....

isn't that right? LOL

Quick Reply: Making ends meet...