vin # search site , hot or not

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2008, 07:28 AM

Dilts646 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: vin # search site , hot or not

Originally Posted by sdfkillz
im not sure if thats a crime or not. but you would prob run into some issues trying to register a bike with numbers missing. i know in florida they check to make sure they match up. in ny they dont..

Alright thanks man, It would just really suck to buy a motor and have your bike taken if the motor ended up being hot!

Any one else know?
Old 11-14-2008, 07:36 AM

sdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Dilts646
Alright thanks man, It would just really suck to buy a motor and have your bike taken if the motor ended up being hot!

Any one else know?
well they wouldnt take the whole bike as long as the frame numbers were legit. few years ago in daytona they made a friend of mine pull his engine right out of the bike in the parking lot cuz the engine he had bought for his bike ended up being stolen.
Old 11-14-2008, 07:42 AM

Dilts646 is an unknown quantity at this point

That would still suck. I guess when it comes time to buy a new 1 I will just get the numbers and run them.
Old 03-10-2009, 03:29 PM
Life is a Risk so Live It

OnPoint is a decent person

no he cant. its not illegal to unkowingly posess stolen property. they would have to prove that you knew it was stolen, and thats not gonna be possible to prove when your bringing it to the police station to find out if it is stolen. read up on the laws... i know ive been charged with it

ps. humans are liars, its what we do. not sticking up for cops cuz im not real fond of them myself ur statements are just slightly on the ignorant side..
wrong

According to Georgia Code 16-8-7(a) "A person commits the offense of theft by receiving stolen property when he receives, disposes of, or retains stolen property which he knows or should know was stolen unless the property is received, disposed of, or retained with intent to restore it to the owner. 'Receiving' means acquiring possession or control or lending on the security of the property. (b) In any prosecution under this Code section it shall not be necessary to show a conviction of the principal thief.

which is the way it is in any state. they must prove that you knew it was stolen and the simple act of bringing it to the police station will relieve you of any guilt.
BoomSmash!!! (if you don't know what this means check it out on urbandictionary.com) Very well done sdfskillz