My first reckless

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2008, 08:38 AM

zeerider is a decent person
My first reckless

Damn it. I got my first reckless today. And to top it off, I got it for something stupid. I pulled up a sit down after an intersection for like 50 ft. It wasn't even very high, nowhere near BP. How gay is that. Anyway, the cop gave me a reckless and I have to go to court in Jan. I was wondering how many people have fought a reckless and what kind of angles they used.

Thanks.
Old 11-12-2008, 08:55 AM
cereal killa

poni can only hope to improve
Re: My first reckless

get a good lawyer....can they prove you were out of control of the bike??? if not..... sometimes it doesn't matter...you cracked a wheelie...they'll testify that's what you did...
Old 11-12-2008, 08:55 AM

Division1 Ryan is an unknown quantity at this point

Congrats!!! I have got about 10 Careless n reckless tickets
Old 11-12-2008, 09:24 AM

sdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of light

ive gotten 2 reckless tickets in the past year on top of some others and have beat them all with NO lawyer. **** a lawyer, if youre smart and do you some research theres nothing u cant do for youself that you would pay a **** ton to a lawyer to do. and in my experience the lawyers usually **** things up and only look to get you a ******* plea deal instead of getting your **** dropped. diff states do things diff but ill just explain how i do **** in ny.

first thing i hope u didnt say ANYTHING to the cop when u got pulled over. when u get stopped for something tell em your name, confirm any information they need as to your address, reg, ins etc. do NOT discuss why theyre pulling u over in any manor, every question they ask you is to get you to incriminate yourself. "do u know why i stopped" "that wasnt very smart was it" "what wouldve happend if a kid was crossing the street" all those statements are meant to get you to inadvertantly admit to some ****. say NOTHING.

look at your ticket, is there a statement by the officer? what does it say...
go to court and request a supporting depostion. the judge will grant you an adjournment to give the officer 30 days to respond in writing an explanation as to the charges. if u do not recieve the dep within 30 days of the request, u go to court and make a motion to dismiss the charges on the grounds that the prosecution is witholding evidence pertinant to your defense. case closed. that is a frequent occurance.

if u get a supporting dep, read it carefully for any inconsistancies. schedule a trial date, then call and cancel it some time later. keep postponing the trial date as much as the court will allow, make excuses why u cant be there, GOOD ONES too. not "my tummy feels bubbly today". the longer u push it back the more chance u have that the cop wont show and if he does wont remember **** about the case. now in your case youre going to need to use some sort of defense. id go with the "wasnt my fault". transmission slipped and bike came up unexpectadly. question the cops knowledge of motorcycle transmissions and his ability to decipher rather a wheelie is intenional or not. ask tons of questions to discount his knowledge of a bike and how easy it is for the front wheel to come up. prove that no one was in danger. cite your speed, lack of traffic and pedestrians etc. blah blah blah....... if u go in with a good solid plan of attack, you will prove that you did not act recklessly.

ps. dont take any ****** plea deals that the da may offer when he sees ur serious about taking it to trial. if hes offering a plea that means he doesnt think he can convict. ive beat 5 tickest in less than a year with these methods, and i learned from being in court on over 30 charges in my 5 years of riding motorcycles. i got sick of paying **** and being railroaded by lawyers so i got some ***** and started actually defending myself. remember worst case scenario is that they convict u and u pay a fine....u were gonna pay a fine even if you plead out so really all u can do is gain by fighting it.

sorry bout the rant i just drank coffee and i never do.
Old 11-12-2008, 09:36 AM

Sweet, thanks for the advice sdfkillz. The only thing I said to the cop was 'I dunno.' And that was an answer to the 'Why shouldn't I take you to jail for that stunt' question. So I don't think that sounds too incriminating. When you say I should go to court and get a supporting dep, are you talking about before my scheduled court date, or I should ask for one when I go on the assigned date. Which by the way was about 9 months ago. The tard wrote jan 08 as my court date. I'm so confused, I don't know when I should show up.
Old 11-12-2008, 09:37 AM

BIG BOZE is a decent person

Originally Posted by sdfkillz
ive gotten 2 reckless tickets in the past year on top of some others and have beat them all with NO lawyer. **** a lawyer, if youre smart and do you some research theres nothing u cant do for youself that you would pay a **** ton to a lawyer to do. and in my experience the lawyers usually **** things up and only look to get you a ******* plea deal instead of getting your **** dropped. diff states do things diff but ill just explain how i do **** in ny.

first thing i hope u didnt say ANYTHING to the cop when u got pulled over. when u get stopped for something tell em your name, confirm any information they need as to your address, reg, ins etc. do NOT discuss why theyre pulling u over in any manor, every question they ask you is to get you to incriminate yourself. "do u know why i stopped" "that wasnt very smart was it" "what wouldve happend if a kid was crossing the street" all those statements are meant to get you to inadvertantly admit to some ****. say NOTHING.

go to court and request a supporting depostion. the judge will grant you an adjournment to give the officer 30 days to respond in writing an explanation as to the charges. if u do not recieve the dep within 30 days of the request, u go to court and make a motion to dismiss the charges on the grounds that the prosecution is witholding evidence pertinant to your defense. case closed. that is a frequent occurance.

if u get a supporting dep, read it carefully for any inconsistancies. schedule a trial date, then call and cancel it some time later. keep postponing the trial date as much as the court will allow, make excuses why u cant be there, GOOD ONES too. not "my tummy feels bubbly today". the longer u push it back the more chance u have that the cop wont show and if he does wont remember **** about the case. now in your case youre going to need to use some sort of defense. id go with the "wasnt my fault". transmission slipped and bike came up unexpectadly. question the cops knowledge of motorcycle transmissions and his ability to decipher rather a wheelie is intenional or not. ask tons of questions to discount his knowledge of a bike and how easy it is for the front wheel to come up. prove that no one was in danger. cite your speed, lack of traffic and pedestrians etc. blah blah blah....... if u go in with a good solid plan of attack, you will prove that you did not act recklessly.

ps. dont take any ****** plea deals that the da may offer when he sees ur serious about taking it to trial. if hes offering a plea that means he doesnt think he can convict. ive beat 5 tickest in less than a year with these methods, and i learned from being in court on over 30 charges in my 5 years of riding motorcycles. i got sick of paying **** and being railroaded by lawyers so i got some ***** and started actually defending myself. remember worst case scenario is that they convict u and u pay a fine....u were gonna pay a fine even if you plead out so really all u can do is gain by fighting it.

GOT MY FIRST RECKLESS THIS WEEK BUT THEY PUT IT DOWN AS "ATTEMPTED RECKLESS DRIVING", ANYONE HEARD OF THAT?
COP ALSO HAS VIDEO, CAME UP BEHIND ME WHILE ON ONE WHEEL. ANY ADVISE ON THAT
Old 11-12-2008, 09:38 AM

That's pretty crazy. I would look up Texas traffic laws and try to get a definition of that.
Old 11-12-2008, 09:43 AM
Brap

T-Dubby is a jewel in the roughT-Dubby is a jewel in the roughT-Dubby is a jewel in the roughT-Dubby is a jewel in the rough

Nice sdfkillz!
Old 11-12-2008, 09:49 AM

sdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by zeerider
Sweet, thanks for the advice sdfkillz. The only thing I said to the cop was 'I dunno.' And that was an answer to the 'Why shouldn't I take you to jail for that stunt' question. So I don't think that sounds too incriminating. When you say I should go to court and get a supporting dep, are you talking about before my scheduled court date, or I should ask for one when I go on the assigned date. Which by the way was about 9 months ago. The tard wrote jan 08 as my court date. I'm so confused, I don't know when I should show up.
thats perfect actually, the longer it goes on the more adventagious it is to you. but yes wait till ur scheduled court date and request it from the judge when you go in for your arraignment.
Originally Posted by BIG BOZE
GOT MY FIRST RECKLESS THIS WEEK BUT THEY PUT IT DOWN AS "ATTEMPTED RECKLESS DRIVING", ANYONE HEARD OF THAT?
COP ALSO HAS VIDEO, CAME UP BEHIND ME WHILE ON ONE WHEEL. ANY ADVISE ON THAT
never heard of attempted....but request a copy of the video and then post it up here cuz id like to see it lol and plus i could better gauge rather ur fucked or not. video is a hard one to beat. but you do have a right to a copy of that video to prepare your defense. any evidence that the prosecution holds they have to allow you to have.
Old 11-12-2008, 09:50 AM

Lafgr8 is a decent person
Thumbs up Re: My first reckless

Awesome Info, and Inspiration!!
Old 11-12-2008, 09:53 AM

Lafgr8 is a decent person
Question Re: My first reckless

thats perfect actually, the longer it goes on the more adventagious it is to you. but yes wait till ur scheduled court date and request it from the judge when you go in for your arraignment.

Never heard of attempted....but request a copy of the video and then post it up here cuz id like to see it lol and plus i could better gauge rather ur fucked or not. video is a hard one to beat. but you do have a right to a copy of that video to prepare your defense. any evidence that the prosecution holds they have to allow you to have.

Are you a lawyer
Or do u just enjoy fighting the "man"
Either way, great advice.
Old 11-12-2008, 09:55 AM

wastedrubber is a decent person

my trick with tickets is i always request a formal hearing, which enables you to speak to the prosecutor. i typically tell them i'll pay the initial fines to avoid the points, and they will usually reduce the ticket to impeding traffic. all they want is the money. worked several times, i shouldn't have a license but i've only got maybe 3 points instead.

btw, dec. 12th i'm going to give it another shot for a careless.
Old 11-12-2008, 10:03 AM

Originally Posted by Lafgr8
Are you a lawyer
Or do u just enjoy fighting the "man"
Either way, great advice.
honestly man im 29 years old and ive been getting in trouble since i was 5. ive been to jail once, been in lock up dozens of times, been put in foster homes. ive been charged with everything from minor drug posessions to felony assaults. i have a traffic record thats just unbelieveable lol, it almost kept me from enlisting in the army. i spent thousands on lawyers and fines over my life and i finally got sick of it dude. i was like man theres gotta be a way to beat **** and there is. confidence! i spent soo much time being intimidated by the legal process that i was never able to properly defend myself even with a laywer. i learned alot, reading plus just sitting in court for hours and hours listening to everyones cases and watching their lawyers **** em over and get em garbage *** deals. so i havent had a conviction since....05 and ive been charged with 2 reckless, 1 assualt, 1 no registration, 1 AUO, 1 illegal left turn, and 1 improper headlight that i was given as a "roadside reduction" for doing a wheelie. i normally just run when i get busted doin some **** on my bike but i run into situations where i cant run sometimes soo i learned to fight. and im winning hahha, my best friend makes me go to court with him now when he gets tickets and i help him get all his **** dropped too.
Old 11-12-2008, 10:07 AM

Originally Posted by wastedrubber
my trick with tickets is i always request a formal hearing, which enables you to speak to the prosecutor. i typically tell them i'll pay the initial fines to avoid the points, and they will usually reduce the ticket to impeding traffic. all they want is the money. worked several times, i shouldn't have a license but i've only got maybe 3 points instead.

btw, dec. 12th i'm going to give it another shot for a careless.
reductions are easy to get, u dont even really have to try. problem with reductions is that in lieu if the original charge they usually increase the fine in the "do for me, ill do for you" mentality. another problem is that, the more times your plead guilty and they record the convictions the less likely you are to have them reduced as the judge sees as pattern of misconduct and stops wanting to do you favors especially because of how easy it is to convict someone who has a good history of traffic convictions. fight em, **** plea deals are for cowards lol. if ur gonna get a conviction may as well make them work for it, the fine will prob be cheaper anyway and you can just go to traffic school to get some points shaved off.
Old 11-12-2008, 10:26 AM

Murph 636 is a decent person

Originally Posted by zeerider
Damn it. I got my first reckless today. And to top it off, I got it for something stupid. I pulled up a sit down after an intersection for like 50 ft. It wasn't even very high, nowhere near BP. How gay is that. Anyway, the cop gave me a reckless and I have to go to court in Jan. I was wondering how many people have fought a reckless and what kind of angles they used.

Thanks.
Go to this website http://public.findlaw.com/traffic-ti...ving-laws.html and look up the violation of reckless in your state, to see if you can beat it. You might want to bookmark this website, it definitely gives you insight to your rights when being stopped by a cop.

Screw a lawyer, you're going to court for a trafiic violation not pushing drugs lol. The hard part about traffic court is waiting and taking time off of work, plus if the cop doesn't show up it looks good on your part but they might reschedule the court date again, but you have greater chances of getting it dropped. It's just more of a hassle when you're dealing with it instead of a lawyer handling it.

Last edited by Murph 636; 11-12-2008 at 10:29 AM.
Old 11-12-2008, 10:29 AM

BIG BOZE is a decent person

never heard of attempted....but request a copy of the video and then post it up here cuz id like to see it lol and plus i could better gauge rather ur fucked or not. video is a hard one to beat. but you do have a right to a copy of that video to prepare your defense. any evidence that the prosecution holds they have to allow you to have.

YEAH I WAS KINDA WANTING A COPY. THOUGHT IT WOULD BE PRETTY FUNNY TO WATCH. THEY BASICALLY PULL UP AND IM HOLDING IT ABOUT 40 MPH AND IM WATCHING A TRAIN IM RIDING PARALLEL TO AT THE SAME SPEED CHECKING OUT THE GRAFITTI AND ALL AND I SEE THE LIGHTS- IM ALL LOOKING BEHIND ME AT THE COP ALL WHILE ON ONE WHEEL.IT WAS FUNNY BUT ALSO IT SUCKED.
Old 11-12-2008, 10:31 AM

gwright is a decent person

any suggestion on fightin a felony evading? they've got it on video.....
Old 11-12-2008, 10:35 AM
brabuhburbuh

Danger_Dave can only hope to improve

hey but johnny cochran got oj off!
Old 11-12-2008, 10:39 AM

Originally Posted by gwright
any suggestion on fightin a felony evading? they've got it on video.....
ur fucked lol...take the best offer they give you.
Old 11-12-2008, 10:42 AM

gwright is a decent person

haha i figured

Quick Reply: My first reckless