Questions About 07 Zx6-r's..?

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2008, 02:38 AM

**superstunna** is infamous around these parts
Questions About 07 Zx6-r's..?

About To Buy An Exhaust, What Is The Best Exhaust For This Bike.. Looking For More Torque And Low-end.. Also What Are Some Other Mods To Do To This Bike, Only For The O7 And 08 Zx6rs...
Old 11-11-2008, 02:56 AM
Bacons Hot, Need a Spot

cjoec01 has much to be proud ofcjoec01 has much to be proud ofcjoec01 has much to be proud ofcjoec01 has much to be proud ofcjoec01 has much to be proud ofcjoec01 has much to be proud ofcjoec01 has much to be proud ofcjoec01 has much to be proud ofcjoec01 has much to be proud ofcjoec01 has much to be proud of
Re: Questions About 07 Zx6-r's..?

Reinforce the motor mounts and clean air mod, I haven't had any problems with the tip over sensor. Then the normal **** you prefer. Heard that Kane removed the catalytic converter for low end haven't heard much about that. I could use more low end also if you hear any thing good, runnin 15/60 for gears.
Old 11-11-2008, 05:19 AM
WWW.Sickinnovations.com

Suicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to behold

they are tuesday and thursday for low end torque

i told you rob
Old 11-11-2008, 07:01 AM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

the stock exhaust provides the most low end torque and removing the cat gives you more top end but less low end ....

the stock exhaust and cat have alot of back pressure and back pressure equals low end torque , the more you free up the exhaust the more top end you gain but the more low end you loose ....
Old 11-11-2008, 07:03 AM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

the clean air mod will give you a little more low end because it creates a vacuum in the crank case and reroutes hot oily crankcase gasses directly to the exhaust instead of venting it in your air box for recirculation through the combustion chamber
Old 11-11-2008, 08:25 AM

JohnnyP is a decent person

Originally Posted by old man roger
the stock exhaust provides the most low end torque and removing the cat gives you more top end but less low end ....

the stock exhaust and cat have alot of back pressure and back pressure equals low end torque , the more you free up the exhaust the more top end you gain but the more low end you loose ....
My friend has a Akrapovic EVO system on his....And he only gained noise, no torque or HP anywhere in the rev range All that from a $2500 Ti system OEM is the way to go....

Last edited by JohnnyP; 11-11-2008 at 08:37 AM.
Old 11-11-2008, 08:48 AM

apfire26 will become famous soon enough

Its got the kleen air mod done already.

You're not regreting the trade are you rob?? I'm loving the 636.
Old 11-11-2008, 08:57 AM

Originally Posted by apfire26
Its got the kleen air mod done already.

You're not regreting the trade are you rob?? I'm loving the 636.
Straight trade 636 for newer ZX6R, both FF? Im trying to determine who go the shorter end of the stick on this deal
Old 11-11-2008, 09:05 AM

Originally Posted by JohnnyP
Straight trade 636 for newer ZX6R, both FF? Im trying to determine who go the shorter end of the stick on this deal

It may seem that way to most, but I was slowly gunna destroy the new bike. I needed somthing that can take my squidly abuse.
I'm confident that I made the right choice for myeslf.
Old 11-11-2008, 09:10 AM
also known as OMR

Originally Posted by apfire26
It may seem that way to most, but I was slowly gunna destroy the new bike. I needed somthing that can take my squidly abuse.
I'm confident that I made the right choice for myeslf.
i think you will like the older 636 better
Old 11-11-2008, 10:44 AM

no no ilove trhe bike, the more i reide it the more i love it.. just looking on what else i can do thatsall... i rlly do love it...and im glad your taking good care of my 3rd born... lol
Old 11-11-2008, 12:02 PM

DLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by **superstunna**
About To Buy An Exhaust, What Is The Best Exhaust For This Bike.. Looking For More Torque And Low-end.. Also What Are Some Other Mods To Do To This Bike, Only For The O7 And 08 Zx6rs...
well, on my 98 zx.........
Old 11-11-2008, 12:44 PM
a k a jeremiah damn it

Jnutz1 is a decent person

Originally Posted by **superstunna**

if i were you i would see if someone would want to trade an o3-o4 636 straight up for it ...
Old 11-11-2008, 12:55 PM

Aaron Colton is an unknown quantity at this point

Much of the low end problem actually comes from the catalyst converter. Yes the bike has much less torque than anything else but a lot of the torque that it does have is stolen by the cat. In my experience with the race bikes and the stunt bikes Arrow makes the best header system. It is a little pricey but has a huge weight savings and it will drastically bump up your low end especially if you are getting rid of the cat. You can run the stock silencer with the Arrow header but I would recommend the FMF canister. Sounds sick and are nice and burly!

Shoot me a PM if you have any other questions!

Aaron
Old 11-11-2008, 01:08 PM

so if i rtemove the cat that will help a lil..
Old 11-11-2008, 01:10 PM

I heard that before, but I've also heard that it won't. So I never messed with it.
Old 11-11-2008, 01:14 PM
$$$$$$$

TheRomanSF415x is a jewel in the roughTheRomanSF415x is a jewel in the roughTheRomanSF415x is a jewel in the roughTheRomanSF415x is a jewel in the rough

even if you gear it its still sucks???
Old 11-11-2008, 01:47 PM

no the bike is great and i love it ust looking to improve..
Old 11-11-2008, 02:48 PM
Wheelie Ninja!

Kaneone is a decent person

Originally Posted by old man roger

not necissarily true..
on this bike.. the stock exhaust is straight dumpster and i found after removing the cat and the stock can i actually gained a lot of power, and responce across the entire powerband..
Old 11-11-2008, 03:19 PM

Originally Posted by Kaneone
not necissarily true..
on this bike.. the stock exhaust is straight dumpster and i found after removing the cat and the stock can i actually gained a lot of power, and responce across the entire powerband..
So whens the EVO comming for your 09? I guess we have to wait for Akro to actually make them... I cant wait to see what they do for the 09's....

Quick Reply: Questions About 07 Zx6-r's..?