Questions About 07 Zx6-r's..?

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2008, 12:35 AM

**superstunna** is infamous around these parts
Re: Questions About 07 Zx6-r's..?

I Wasnt The Only One There And Oi Didnt Do One Burnout Or Drift Once, Plus With The Sun Hitting It All Day Long On That Hot *** Black Top Plus Rain It Fades Away Fast Bet There Not Even There..
Old 11-12-2008, 12:38 AM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

Originally Posted by **superstunna**
I Wasnt The Only One There And Oi Didnt Do One Burnout Or Drift Once, Plus With The Sun Hitting It All Day Long On That Hot *** Black Top Plus Rain It Fades Away Fast Bet There Not Even There..
the last set took about 4 months to go away .
Old 11-12-2008, 12:39 AM

kawi6 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Aaron Colton
Much of the low end problem actually comes from the catalyst converter. Yes the bike has much less torque than anything else but a lot of the torque that it does have is stolen by the cat. In my experience with the race bikes and the stunt bikes Arrow makes the best header system. It is a little pricey but has a huge weight savings and it will drastically bump up your low end especially if you are getting rid of the cat. You can run the stock silencer with the Arrow header but I would recommend the FMF canister. Sounds sick and are nice and burly!

Shoot me a PM if you have any other questions!

Aaron

Aaron! WTF are you talking about? The low end "problem" has nothing to do with what you call a "catalyst converter". In order to create lowend torque, the engine needs to have back pressure. opening up the flow of spent gasses is only going to reduce the resistance creating even less lowend. These bikes as well as some others have an exhaust butterfly located near the midpipe, that closes at low revs, and opens up at higher revs. This creates even more back pressure and lowend. By removing this valve, and opening the flow, the engine looses on the low end, but benefits the highend of the rev range.

Originally Posted by Kaneone
not necissarily true..
on this bike.. the stock exhaust is straight dumpster and i found after removing the cat and the stock can i actually gained a lot of power, and responce across the entire powerband..
Kane, your not right! Yes the exhaust on these bikes is garbage, but oem has a **** ton more R&D invested into it than any aftermarket manufacturer will ever put into one application. Albeit the system is restrictive, it restricts with a purpose. That purpose is the lower rev range. As most consumers rarely get as much use in this bikes true powerband, Kawi has put a choker on it to increase lowend. This bike was designed to be a track weapon, in wich case most of its benefits are from 10k-16k rpms. Opening the flow moves the curve to the right on the dyno chart, not the left.

To answer the OP's question, try out a thinner head gasket. You can order a
.050 from Attack for about $20 shipped. You might have to wait to get it though, they were on back order from so many people trying to bump up compression on these bikes. You can also order a kit cam, and have it degreed. Degreeing the cam will require an ignition advance module that is a plug and play with your PCIII. If you dont have one of those, thats step one. Degreeing the cam will adjust the duration of overlap that your intake valves have with your exhaust valves, creating the best scavenging effect for the engine, pulling more fresh air into the combustion chamber. You have to understand that these bikes are coming off the line hiding more power that you can unlock, due to EPA standards that need to be met for inport. It seems that Kawi is the only one of the big 4 that is playing by the rules though.
After bumping your compression, and adjusting your cam degree, if you still need to find more power, PM me, I have a few tricks up my sleve.

Last edited by kawi6; 11-12-2008 at 12:42 AM.