07 zx6r frame repair pics

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2008, 03:47 AM
Bacons Hot, Need a Spot

cjoec01 has much to be proud ofcjoec01 has much to be proud ofcjoec01 has much to be proud ofcjoec01 has much to be proud ofcjoec01 has much to be proud ofcjoec01 has much to be proud ofcjoec01 has much to be proud ofcjoec01 has much to be proud ofcjoec01 has much to be proud ofcjoec01 has much to be proud of
07 zx6r frame repair pics

After discovering a crack, had the welder reinforce things a bit.
Name:  IMG_0285.jpg
Views: 1171
Size:  96.8 KB
Name:  IMG_0284.jpg
Views: 399
Size:  105.5 KB
The right inside is requiring a bit of grinding to get the engine mount to
line up due to clearance on the side.
Unless the welding caused the frame to warp??? Grind away tomrrow some more.
Old 11-08-2008, 03:56 AM
www.cycletreads.co.nz

Kevmo7 is a decent person
Re: 07 zx6r frame repair pics

Good welding man, good job.

"Bacons Hot, Need a Spot"

could you please explain that?
Old 11-08-2008, 04:56 AM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

daaaaaaaaaaaamn ....lol
Old 11-08-2008, 09:44 AM
Not guilty

villa76 is a splendid one to beholdvilla76 is a splendid one to beholdvilla76 is a splendid one to beholdvilla76 is a splendid one to beholdvilla76 is a splendid one to beholdvilla76 is a splendid one to beholdvilla76 is a splendid one to beholdvilla76 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Kevmo7
Good welding man, good job.

"Bacons Hot, Need a Spot"

could you please explain that?
Im gonna guess cops keep kicking him out.
Old 11-08-2008, 02:34 PM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

Armenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant future

yikes. im still up in the air about keeping my 07 and these threads don't help lol
Old 11-08-2008, 02:47 PM

Towlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of light

Looks good man!

Looks REAL nice!
Old 11-08-2008, 03:42 PM

Topek is a decent person

im a welder and i wouldnt grind to much away that weld doosnt look like it pennitrated that good
Old 11-08-2008, 03:51 PM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

Originally Posted by buffaloGSXR
im a welder and i wouldn't grind to much away that weld doesn't look like it penetrated that good
the frames are paper thin so you can't cook the weld to deep on the frame it self or it will just crack at the weld ..
Old 11-08-2008, 06:25 PM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

Armenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by old man roger
the frames are paper thin so you can't cook the weld to deep on the frame it self or it will just crack at the weld ..
so in other words, its like gluing paper to paper.
Old 11-09-2008, 03:57 AM
Bacons Hot, Need a Spot

cjoec01 has much to be proud ofcjoec01 has much to be proud ofcjoec01 has much to be proud ofcjoec01 has much to be proud ofcjoec01 has much to be proud ofcjoec01 has much to be proud ofcjoec01 has much to be proud ofcjoec01 has much to be proud ofcjoec01 has much to be proud ofcjoec01 has much to be proud of

Nah glued cardboard to paper, LOL. Came to the conclusion that the frame got tweaked a bit from the fall, one motor mount wouldn't line up or it would and the rear ones wouldn't. took out the collar and its together. My SI cage barely went back on.
Old 11-09-2008, 05:29 AM
also known as OMR

Originally Posted by cjoec01
Nah glued cardboard to paper, LOL. Came to the conclusion that the frame got tweaked a bit from the fall, one motor mount wouldn't line up or it would and the rear ones wouldn't. took out the collar and its together. My SI cage barely went back on.
if you didn't take the gap out where the crack was and just welded it up then thats where the problem came from or if your welder just ran the whole bead all at once that will warp it also
Old 11-09-2008, 05:32 AM
also known as OMR

you can run as long of a bead as you want as long as the frame is in a jig and left there to cool but if not too much welding at one time will warp it ..

a jig would keep all the mounting points in the right place while the aluminum expands and contracts while welding and cooling
Old 11-09-2008, 05:36 AM

DWJmoto will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Armenian
yikes. im still up in the air about keeping my 07 and these threads don't help lol
+1 same here not sure if I'm gonna keep mine or not... but if I end up beefing my frame up I'll keep it