race tech springs?

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2008, 08:44 AM
brabuhburbuh

Danger_Dave can only hope to improve
race tech springs?

anybody running race tech springs in their f4i? i've read about going with heavier fluid, throwing the whole front end in the trash and doing 929/954/1000rr and whatnot but i think i just want to go with some gangster springs for a hundred bucks. anybody have good results with this? i weigh 200lbs.
Old 11-09-2008, 05:01 PM

SAMBO is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: race tech springs?

My bike has Race Tech heavy duty springs. I've never been happier on stoppies. I weigh 190 and it feels perfect for me.
Old 11-09-2008, 05:20 PM

punishmentcycle is a decent person

if you build the f4i forks they'll feel just like if not better than an inverted setup.after all they are the same tubes size..inverts just look beefier..i got a 05 gsxr frontend for sale.. just need 954 triples...$450 shipped
Old 11-09-2008, 05:55 PM
use code "handy" 4 magura

stuntsteel is a decent person

they feel a lot better and the oil weight does make a slight difference too...

P- (484) 494-3136
Old 11-09-2008, 05:55 PM

nags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for rep

I'm about to do the 1.0 springs in mine
Old 11-09-2008, 06:09 PM

customsound is an unknown quantity at this point

i have the springs in my f4i and a heavier fluid seems and it works great watch goin with to heavy of a fluid though it will be to stiff and ride like ****
Old 11-09-2008, 07:06 PM
brabuhburbuh

yeah i remember reading a gorka thread awhile back about "stoppie setup enough already" and since you can get the same results out of better springs, might as well. i know everybody just slaps a heavier front end on there but i also knew there had to be peeps on here running the stockers with just better springs.
Old 11-09-2008, 07:07 PM
brabuhburbuh

Originally Posted by customsound
i have the springs in my f4i and a heavier fluid seems and it works great watch goin with to heavy of a fluid though it will be to stiff and ride like ****
yeah i was thinking the same thing about the fluid. its gotta be designed for a certain weight fluid for a reason. just like motor oil. im gonna stick with the stock fluid.
Old 11-09-2008, 07:09 PM
brabuhburbuh

Originally Posted by nags
I'm about to do the 1.0 springs in mine
are those made by racetech? i only seen 1 type on there website. they are the only ones i know of that make springs besides maybe 2 brothers i know they make springs for fiddys.
Old 11-09-2008, 08:19 PM

racetech,hyperpro,ohlins all make springs. just get the 1.0 or 1.2 springs and run the honda pro 10wt.youll love it...or buy my gsxr frontend
Old 11-09-2008, 08:36 PM

nags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for rep

I'm gonna do the 1.0's with 15w
Old 11-09-2008, 08:58 PM
STUNTRIDE FRONTLINE

-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of

15w????
Old 11-09-2008, 08:59 PM

Originally Posted by -SKETCHY-
15w????
Yea.
Old 11-09-2008, 09:00 PM

roadsurfr7 is a splendid one to beholdroadsurfr7 is a splendid one to beholdroadsurfr7 is a splendid one to beholdroadsurfr7 is a splendid one to beholdroadsurfr7 is a splendid one to beholdroadsurfr7 is a splendid one to beholdroadsurfr7 is a splendid one to beholdroadsurfr7 is a splendid one to behold

how do you know what springs to get? I had emailed them once and they gave me a size in kilograms I think....... I cant remember....
Old 11-09-2008, 09:09 PM
STUNTRIDE FRONTLINE

-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by roadsurfr7
how do you know what springs to get? I had emailed them once and they gave me a size in kilograms I think....... I cant remember....
go to thier website. They have a section to enter your weight and to select either street or race springs and it will give you the right rate of fork/shock spring to put in it. As far as stunting goes, I may give them a call tomorrow and see what they recomend for stoppies. springs, valving, ect.
Old 11-09-2008, 09:11 PM

Originally Posted by -SKETCHY-
go to thier website. They have a section to enter your weight and to select either street or race springs and it will give you the right rate of fork/shock spring to put in it. As far as stunting goes, I may give them a call tomorrow and see what they recomend for stoppies. springs, valving, ect.
Let me know what they say
Old 11-09-2008, 09:48 PM

roadsurfr7 is a splendid one to beholdroadsurfr7 is a splendid one to beholdroadsurfr7 is a splendid one to beholdroadsurfr7 is a splendid one to beholdroadsurfr7 is a splendid one to beholdroadsurfr7 is a splendid one to beholdroadsurfr7 is a splendid one to beholdroadsurfr7 is a splendid one to behold

wouldnt you want them setup different since all the weight is gonna be on the front wheel? like harder springs than what you would normally use for whatever body weight you are?
Old 11-09-2008, 10:12 PM

you also have to remember that the stiffer springs you put in the less dive the frontend will have.personally i use my body weight alot when i do stoppies so i just put 10wt oil in my 954 frontend and love it to death.if the front doesnt dive ur gonna lock that front tire up.i would go with Nags thoughts but id use the 10wt