Prevent Breakin Arms?

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2008, 01:59 PM
NFP

NFP is a decent person
Question Prevent Breakin Arms?

Simple, you guys have any special gear to keep ya from breakin your forearms?

Guess I didn’t drink enough milk when I was younger because this summer I managed to break my left forearm a SECOND TIME! Just a simple 20-30mph fall from my quad on asphalt and that’s all she wrote. Do any of you guys do anything special to prevent from breakin arms? I cant even think of how I can protect myself because its just so simple but too damn weak.

The bike season is almost over up in Wisconsin but I plan on being on the ice with my enduro to get some practice on basic wheelies and **** this winter. No big deal, but I know I’m gonna go down and I just wanted to see if there was some trade secret to prevent me from getting another $2000+ in medical over a damn broken arm.
Old 10-29-2008, 02:09 PM

JohnnyP is a decent person
Re: Prevent Breakin Arms?

Originally Posted by NFP

Guess I didn’t drink enough milk when I was younger because this summer I managed to break my left forearm a SECOND TIME! Just a simple 20-30mph fall from my quad on asphalt and that’s all she wrote. Do any of you guys do anything special to prevent from breakin arms? I cant even think of how I can protect myself because its just so simple but too damn weak.

The bike season is almost over up in Wisconsin but I plan on being on the ice with my enduro to get some practice on basic wheelies and **** this winter. No big deal, but I know I’m gonna go down and I just wanted to see if there was some trade secret to prevent me from getting another $2000+ in medical over a damn broken arm.
$2000 for a broken fore arm! Damn here in Canada that **** is free, depending on the day you might be waiting a long time but at least its free...

What are they charging you for thou? The cast? the doctor? paint killers? everything?
Old 10-29-2008, 02:15 PM

Towlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by JohnnyP
$2000 for a broken fore arm! Damn here in Canada that **** is free, depending on the day you might be waiting a long time but at least its free...

What are they charging you for thou? The cast? the doctor? paint killers? everything?
My broken knee was over $12,000, all they did was give me a bunch of x-rays, a MRI, and gave me a room for 3 days, and some $500 knee brace

Still had to pay the pharmacy for the pain pills!

Lucky I have medical insurance, which EVERYONE That stunt rides should... Just playing with fire stunting without insurance! Waiting to get burned..

edit: and only taking a guess.. but just recently breaking my foot, only 2 hours in the ER, 6 x-rays, a "moon boot" for foot support, and they sent me on my way, probably gonna cost around $1500-$2500 before insurance takes care of it
Old 10-29-2008, 02:17 PM

Beto is just really niceBeto is just really niceBeto is just really niceBeto is just really niceBeto is just really nice

Originally Posted by Towlieee
Just playing with fire stunting without insurance! Waiting to get burned..
thats been me this whole year
Old 10-29-2008, 02:19 PM

impalenthelen is a decent person

it the states its 2000 grand for walking thru the door!

as for the ts, some people are good at crashin and some aint, sucks for you cuz it sounds like u aint.

metal rod?
dont cut off the cast?
drink milk now?
Old 10-29-2008, 02:20 PM

Originally Posted by Towlieee
My broken knee was over $12,000, all they did was give me a bunch of x-rays, a MRI, and gave me a room for 3 days, and some $500 knee brace

Still had to pay the pharmacy for the pain pills!

Lucky I have medical insurance, which EVERYONE That stunt rides should... Just playing with fire stunting without insurance! Waiting to get burned..

edit: and only taking a guess.. but just recently breaking my foot, only 2 hours in the ER, 6 x-rays, a "moon boot" for foot support, and they sent me on my way, probably gonna cost around $1500-$2500 before insurance takes care of it
Thats ******* nuts!
Everyone always complains about health care here and how it should be better, but **** at least me have it at all.....

I cant imagine having to pay for **** like that. Do they make you pay right away before they will help you? Or do they just send you a bill after?

All I have to do is flash my health card at the hospital and wait in line.....If its not too serious I can go to any walk in clinic instead of a hospital....Same deal show the health card and your covered for pretty much everything....
Old 10-29-2008, 02:22 PM

Noglory is an unknown quantity at this point

I don't have a clue how to prevent breakin your forarms other than knowing how to fall I guess.

I just got a doctor bill for a nerve block the doc used on me to put a plate on my collar bone and that itself was 2 grand! I can't wait to see the rest of the bills. Thank god for good med insurance
Old 10-29-2008, 02:26 PM
JENNY JENN is my bieootch

ninjakiller34 can only hope to improve

GET THOSE ICON ELOW PADS. they cover a good bit of your arm from the middle of your forearm up to the lower part of your bicep. they are like $55 bucks but I think they look cool...especialy if your into STUNT'n
Old 10-29-2008, 02:52 PM

cjones_636 is a decent person

Thats ******* nuts!
Everyone always complains about health care here and how it should be better, but **** at least me have it at all.....

I cant imagine having to pay for **** like that. Do they make you pay right away before they will help you? Or do they just send you a bill after?

All I have to do is flash my health card at the hospital and wait in line.....If its not too serious I can go to any walk in clinic instead of a hospital....Same deal show the health card and your covered for pretty much everything....

We also pay more in upfront tax. This is why health care fraud is HUGE In canada. Tons of people from outside canada (mostly USA) come here and either use someone elses Card or ID. Only recently theve started tighting down on it.

And who eats that bill? Canadian taxpayers....
Old 10-29-2008, 02:58 PM

Standupnfall is a decent person

Tuck and roll buddy. You're arm will certainly break if you put it out there
Old 10-29-2008, 02:58 PM

Originally Posted by cjones_636
We also pay more in upfront tax. This is why health care fraud is HUGE In canada. Tons of people from outside canada (mostly USA) come here and either use someone elses Card or ID. Only recently theve started tighting down on it.

And who eats that bill? Canadian taxpayers....
Id rather pay taxes and have free health care, then have cheaper taxs but then if I have an accident have a $12,000 bill all at once...If you think about it we have to pay tax to be covered, but they have to pay for heath insurance....So either way if you want to be covered you have to pay....Id still rather pay a little every pay check, then get hit with a huge bill if you get hurt....

Tax returns are nice too! If you do your **** right and write off certain things you can get alot back......

Not trying to argue whats better, just looking at it for the other side...
Old 10-29-2008, 03:00 PM

krazykyle85 is a decent person

i actually duct tape 2X4's to my to my forearms to prevent breaks!
but i use zipties on my biceps for greater mobility................
Old 10-29-2008, 03:03 PM

Venom600 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Standupnfall
Tuck and roll buddy. You're arm will certainly break if you put it out there
+1 It also helps being a lot younger.
Old 10-29-2008, 03:11 PM
Brap

T-Dubby is a jewel in the roughT-Dubby is a jewel in the roughT-Dubby is a jewel in the roughT-Dubby is a jewel in the rough

Thats ******* nuts!

When I broke a bone in my hand. They made me pay 1k before they would even schedule the surgery and insurance fucked me so I'm paying 8k for 1hr surgery
Old 10-29-2008, 03:15 PM

Nexus702 is a decent person

**** has gotten so expensive, and its only the insurance companies that are making money since it seems like when you have insurance nothing goes wrong, but the moment you dont have it everything goes bad.
Old 10-29-2008, 03:15 PM
$$$$$$$

TheRomanSF415x is a jewel in the roughTheRomanSF415x is a jewel in the roughTheRomanSF415x is a jewel in the roughTheRomanSF415x is a jewel in the rough

yea american health care system BLOWS.. big time.

i went to the ER a few times.. now its called the emergency room right

i get in they make me fill out forms wtf is that?? i was about to fake passing out or some **** but i thought twice because it woudl probably cost me twice as much..

this country needs some bettter healthcare/insurance for its people.
Old 10-29-2008, 03:30 PM
MERK STEP UGHHHHHH

*trix* is infamous around these parts*trix* is infamous around these parts

Originally Posted by NFP

Dont stuntride! best protection ever! jk. Sorry to hear about that man that sucks, but i'd say buy the icon arm/elbow guards or make your own arm guards out of leather and thin sheet metal and stitch it together
Old 10-29-2008, 03:38 PM

cassman is a decent person

when you fall go rag doll, if you tighten up then **** breaks easier
Old 10-29-2008, 03:40 PM
NFP

NFP is a decent person

Daymn, well the $2000+ is just my costs after insurance! I have already broken my inner forearms (LH & RH) at the same time 3 years ago. At that time, they had to put plates on the inner side to keep the break in place. I disslocated both wrists at that time too, that bill was just over $1000 all together if I remember right...after insurance.

As for this recent break, my LH forearm snapped at the last screw between the plate and my wrist. So they had to remove the old plate and put in a longer one that comes all the way to my wrist (damn thing feels really wierd being just under the surface).

So all the surgery is why the bill is so expensive.

Anyway, this looks like the ticket!!!!

Icon Field Armor Elbow

http://www.rideicon.com/product_deta...y=1666&id=7042

Anyone wear them yet?
Old 10-29-2008, 03:46 PM

skinnyR! is a decent person

Health care is NOT FREE in Canada. And if you need special care, forget it. You might die before you get the care required to save you life if you need it in the next year.

How much is a pack of cigs in Canada? Taxes are crazy high.

EDIT:

And on top of that, here, there are plenty of low cost/free clinics around that will help ya. AND you will never be turned away in the ER. You may have to make a $1 dollar a month payment the rest of you life to keep collections off your back, but you will still receive awesome health care.

Last edited by skinnyR!; 10-29-2008 at 03:48 PM.

Quick Reply: Prevent Breakin Arms?