Calling aLL NY stunters and stunteresses

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2009, 12:44 AM
NealFoReal

OnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for rep
Re: Calling aLL NY stunters and stunteresses

Originally Posted by monday518
I dont wanna be a rockstar i wanna be a blockstar lol....cirlces are the only thing im trying on a motorcycle till it snows haha...I did see some pretty hard slams but your far from squidly you put in work the whole time we were riding last night.
Word I dont think Im toneth material hahahahaha but I still need a lot of work - its all good though. I'm slowly gettin there. Im dreading putting a new tire on which is coming in the next couple of weeks
Old 08-31-2009, 12:45 AM
NealFoReal

OnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for rep

Originally Posted by joey1
hey neal, i got you dropping the bike and a couple of almost circles on video and also some coast's. by the way what happened to coasting? haven't seen that in a while.
I was workin on the coasters a little yesterday. Im getting better at poppin it up right into the coast I started feeling something click with the O's so Ive been focusing on that the past few sessions but Ima get back to working on those again. I wanna start doing sitdown NH's and tank wheelies. I need to make a list of **** to practice each session and do work

Lemme see the video Even though the O's now are definitely better than in your video and Im pretty sure the coasters are too
Old 08-31-2009, 12:45 AM

monday518 is just really nicemonday518 is just really nicemonday518 is just really nicemonday518 is just really nicemonday518 is just really nice

Originally Posted by OnEWhEeLNEAL
Word I dont think Im toneth material hahahahaha but I still need a lot of work - its all good though. I'm slowly gettin there. Im dreading putting a new tire on which is coming in the next couple of weeks
The dreaded new tire i hate new tires
Old 08-31-2009, 12:48 AM
NealFoReal

The dreaded new tire i hate new tires
+1 Depending on the tire I could be fucked up anywhere from 1 session to 6, 7, 8 or who knows how many sessions I'll rip this one til I cant anymore. Sucks - the whole left side is toast but I got mad meat on the right side
123 MORE LOOPS TO GO

bklynshowoff will become famous soon enoughbklynshowoff will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by inolen
LOL, I'm too lazy to do that, but you're just going too fast and not using the back brake.

There is a big difference in saving a 5mph loop out and saving 15mph loop out.

*** inolen's unofficial guide to learning slow wheelies ***

To start,
- put idle at ~2.5k
- go to a dead stop
- clutch it up and don't give it anymore gas

Keep inching it up higher and higher. Eventually you'll get it high enough that the idle actually carries you back - at 5mph - at which time you can normally pretty easily walk with and save it (or have a small wreck, but not a pancake catapult bike crushing wreck). Once you do this a few times and get consistent with your clutch up technique, you can work on tapping the back brake to keep you going and start fiddling with the idle. This will put you to about where Jimmy is, where you'll have to focus on your body position to maintain your side to side balance.

I'm not saying this is the way you should learn, or that it's the only way that works, but it's how I've learned and I feel it does a good job at isolating the various components to do slow wheelies (clutch, brake, balance). Isolating the components helps make it a slightly less overwhelming experience and ultimately gives you as much control as you can possibly have while learning to throw around a 400lb bike.
I'm putting this in my squid pad. Thanks.

joey1 is infamous around these partsjoey1 is infamous around these partsjoey1 is infamous around these partsjoey1 is infamous around these partsjoey1 is infamous around these partsjoey1 is infamous around these parts

i have over an hour of video on my sd card that i dont want to edit and make a video. footage keeps piling up and im lazy but ill have the camera with me if you want to copy any of it to a computer.
Old 08-31-2009, 12:49 AM
NealFoReal

Word I dont think Im toneth material hahahahaha
Toneth - how you feel that you'll always be a part of the NY Stunt Scene
Old 08-31-2009, 12:51 AM
NealFoReal

i have over an hour of video on my sd card that i dont want to edit and make a video. footage keeps piling up and im lazy but ill have the camera with me if you want to copy any of it to a computer.
Lemme hold the SD card and I'll transfer it to my hard drive at home and give it back to you. Dont know if you could use the one I have while I have yours though or if you got a spare I got a 16gb Sony card that looks like this

Old 08-31-2009, 12:53 AM
NealFoReal

Lemme hold the SD card and I'll transfer it to my hard drive at home and give it back to you. Dont know if you could use the one I have while I have yours though or if you got a spare I got a 16gb Sony card that looks like this

I mean - its not really necessary though unless theres good crashes. I'll bring out the camera next weekend to get coaster and O footage which are both looking better than a month ago. Only thing I'd like if you got it are some decent crashes You got any of those??? And InPolen - did you get any still shots of my crashes yesterday
Old 08-31-2009, 12:54 AM

joey1 is infamous around these partsjoey1 is infamous around these partsjoey1 is infamous around these partsjoey1 is infamous around these partsjoey1 is infamous around these partsjoey1 is infamous around these parts

it's not the memory stick, it's a scan disk sd card and i have the usb card reader
Old 08-31-2009, 12:54 AM

ClanofAnts has a spectacular aura aboutClanofAnts has a spectacular aura about

Old 08-31-2009, 12:55 AM

not real good crashes but one of your tosses. and you could loop one circle into like 30
Old 08-31-2009, 12:55 AM

ClanofAnts has a spectacular aura aboutClanofAnts has a spectacular aura about

Old 08-31-2009, 12:59 AM

nice pictures.
Old 08-31-2009, 01:00 AM
123 MORE LOOPS TO GO

bklynshowoff will become famous soon enoughbklynshowoff will become famous soon enough

I mean - its not really necessary though unless theres good crashes. I'll bring out the camera next weekend to get coaster and O footage which are both looking better than a month ago. Only thing I'd like if you got it are some decent crashes You got any of those??? And InPolen - did you get any still shots of my crashes yesterday
Oh yeah Neal... What's the name of that editing program? final cut?
Would it be too ambitious of me to try to get that f4i motor installed and running in one day?
Old 08-31-2009, 01:04 AM

inolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of light

Haha gotta love the honesty...Good thing you werent at mitchell today those cops would of put you in jail for murdering **** lol
Thanks.

Someone else can caption Mike and I
Old 08-31-2009, 01:09 AM
NealFoReal

it's not the memory stick, it's a scan disk sd card and i have the usb card reader
not real good crashes but one of your tosses. and you could loop one circle into like 30
eh **** it then. not a big deal although the toss i'd like to see lol. and the 30 circles - gimme a month and ill have them for real and not looped lol

Originally Posted by ClanofAnts

is that ricky kneeling on his seat in a circle like mikem was doing yesterday

nice pictures.
+1 - no good pics of me with some lean from yesterday or whenever you guys had the camera out recently

Originally Posted by bklynshowoff
Oh yeah Neal... What's the name of that editing program? final cut?
Would it be too ambitious of me to try to get that f4i motor installed and running in one day?
Yup - FCP - I'd start out using Imovie though and once you get the hang of it a little (maybe make a clip or two) then start with FCP coz if you just start out trying to use that you'll be really confused. I can make you copies of it if you want but you gotta supply the discs coz theres 10 of them and some of them are the double layer discs which are dough and I have none. And not ambitious at all to install a motor in 1 day. If I were you, I'd piece together all the **** for the F4i conversion and just do it right once from the beginning. If you dont wanna wait then word - put the F4 motor in.
Old 08-31-2009, 01:10 AM

Drew C. is a glorious beacon of lightDrew C. is a glorious beacon of lightDrew C. is a glorious beacon of lightDrew C. is a glorious beacon of lightDrew C. is a glorious beacon of lightDrew C. is a glorious beacon of light

where are we riding this week? wednesday-saturday atleast?

were at
Old 08-31-2009, 01:11 AM

i wish i knew how.
this was for inolen's last post but im too slow
Old 08-31-2009, 01:13 AM
NealFoReal

gimme a month and ill have them for real and not looped lol
Unless I destroy my minty bike before then lol

Quick Reply: Calling aLL NY stunters and stunteresses