Calling aLL NY stunters and stunteresses

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2009, 11:55 PM

Drew C. is a glorious beacon of lightDrew C. is a glorious beacon of lightDrew C. is a glorious beacon of lightDrew C. is a glorious beacon of lightDrew C. is a glorious beacon of lightDrew C. is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Calling aLL NY stunters and stunteresses

Originally Posted by RickNY
Yeah whats up with that? NY isnt good enough for you anymore LOL

no i not going anywhere i staying in ny but whenwinter come i am ou to the o-town forsure
Old 08-16-2009, 11:57 PM
EGO
REDBULL MAKES ME AWESOME

EGO has a spectacular aura aboutEGO has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by toneth
Sitdown.. I posted this Friday.

Ok, I responsibly drank a couple of beers to get a little ballsy and went to the spot. I'm now almost pretty comfortable with really cranking that bitch up in first.

A couple of questions...
1) I always drift to the ******* right. I can't figure it out. I'm making sure I'm sitting perfectly upright. Any ideas?

2) It still won't come in second rolling about 30. When I slip the clutch I'm going to full throttle and its still coming up only an inch or two.. With the -1/+2 520 kit I figured it'd be much easier. Could it be my suspension? I'm a big dude, 6'4 240 and it's an 08 GSXR 600. I know these bikes are set up for 150 lb riders stock. It's annoying the **** out of me. Help.
ok don't take any of this the wrong way, now with that said the 08 gsxrs wheelie themselves really. These bikes are cake to wheelie but not good for all around stunting more so a street bike. What I think you should do is try stand ups not sit downs. Mine likes to kinda do what it wants in a sit down as in if it wants to go left well it's going left no matter how hard I try to counter steer it. The other guy I ride with can do seat standers in 6th with no prob and he is only +10 in the back, NEAL can tell you I'm not bull shitting on these bikes about how they ride. They are a bear in the lots

Last edited by EGO; 08-17-2009 at 12:00 AM.
Old 08-16-2009, 11:57 PM

Drew C. is a glorious beacon of lightDrew C. is a glorious beacon of lightDrew C. is a glorious beacon of lightDrew C. is a glorious beacon of lightDrew C. is a glorious beacon of lightDrew C. is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by OnEWhEeLNEAL
dam son - leavin us already

the best thng about the o-town is how many parking lots there r to pic from and they just keep building wherehoues
Old 08-16-2009, 11:58 PM
Zippy Tie Rider

Tone The Natural is just really niceTone The Natural is just really niceTone The Natural is just really niceTone The Natural is just really niceTone The Natural is just really nice

Nothing taken the wrong way at all. I'm fully aware I suck.(no homo)

My weight has nothing to do with it? Standups just dont feel comfortable to me. I hold on with my legs, and you can't do that standing up. Plus the fact that I'm 6'4 6'5 its really an awkard position for me. Like I'm really leaned over when I'm on the bars.

Last edited by Tone The Natural; 08-17-2009 at 12:01 AM.
Old 08-17-2009, 12:02 AM

RickNY has a brilliant futureRickNY has a brilliant futureRickNY has a brilliant futureRickNY has a brilliant futureRickNY has a brilliant futureRickNY has a brilliant futureRickNY has a brilliant futureRickNY has a brilliant futureRickNY has a brilliant futureRickNY has a brilliant futureRickNY has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by 600F3
no i not going anywhere i staying in ny but whenwinter come i am ou to the o-town forsure
I wouldnt mind going down there for a bit in the winter either. You going to have somewhere for me to stay if I do?
Old 08-17-2009, 12:04 AM

RickNY has a brilliant futureRickNY has a brilliant futureRickNY has a brilliant futureRickNY has a brilliant futureRickNY has a brilliant futureRickNY has a brilliant futureRickNY has a brilliant futureRickNY has a brilliant futureRickNY has a brilliant futureRickNY has a brilliant futureRickNY has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by EGO
ok don't take any of this the wrong way, now with that said the 08 gsxrs wheelie themselves really. These bikes are cake to wheelie but not good for all around stunting more so a street bike. What I think you should do is try stand ups not sit downs. Mine likes to kinda do what it wants in a sit down as in if it wants to go left well it's going left no matter how hard I try to counter steer it. The other guy I ride with can do seat standers in 6th with no prob and he is only +10 in the back, NEAL can tell you I'm not bull shitting on these bikes about how they ride. They are a bear in the lots
Are you talking about Bob? Sixth gear huh, pretty impressive!
Old 08-17-2009, 12:06 AM
EGO
REDBULL MAKES ME AWESOME

Nothing taken the wrong way at all. I'm fully aware I suck.(no homo)

My weight has nothing to do with it? Standups just dont feel comfortable to me. I hold on with my legs, and you can't do that standing up. Plus the fact that I'm 6'4 6'5 its really an awkard position for me. Like I'm really leaned over when I'm on the bars.
well if you feel that much better in sit downs then plant your *** all the way back against your seat and try that. I can control the bike better like that when doing no handers and what not. I only sit up against the tank if I'm in third going like maybe 40mph but that's more street then lots. Like I said these are not near a good bike to learn but if you do and switch to another bike later you will be one pimp *** rider cause the new gsxrs are like riding a bull you have no clue what it's gonna do next lol
Old 08-17-2009, 12:09 AM
EGO
REDBULL MAKES ME AWESOME

yeah mister RED NECK hahaha that kid is a street killer. That's why I wanted everyone to go street ride when everyone was done but man that was one long hot day. we got to the spot at 8am and left at like 9:30 thanks to ross, well more so chino and his never before seen jumper cables hahahaha that **** was a great idea
Old 08-17-2009, 12:13 AM
NealFoReal

OnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for rep

Sitdown.. I posted this Friday.

Ok, I responsibly drank a couple of beers to get a little ballsy and went to the spot. I'm now almost pretty comfortable with really cranking that bitch up in first.

A couple of questions...
1) I always drift to the ******* right. I can't figure it out. I'm making sure I'm sitting perfectly upright. Any ideas?

2) It still won't come in second rolling about 30. When I slip the clutch I'm going to full throttle and its still coming up only an inch or two.. With the -1/+2 520 kit I figured it'd be much easier. Could it be my suspension? I'm a big dude, 6'4 240 and it's an 08 GSXR 600. I know these bikes are set up for 150 lb riders stock. It's annoying the **** out of me. Help.
I agree w EGO - try staggered. Staggered feels uncomfortable to everyone at first coz its a strange position to be in but once you do it 50-100 times it becomes second nature and you'll like it better than sitdowns. I started doing sitdown pow pows and then did *** drags and then staggered and staggered felt a lot better than everything else - you have more control over the bike staggered than in a sitdown when learning.

I was thinking about it and got a new theory. Maybe it's how I'm covering the rear brake? My brake lever is sitting pretty high and I'm a tall dude so my ankle is kinda fully bent up. I might me putting pressure on the peg without realizing it. I don't know.
I doubt this has anything to do with that. Is it a new tire youre rockin or a used one you put on? Probably new coz its a newer bike but if you picked up a used tire it could be worn to one side. My tires worn on the left from O's or O attempts to the left. Ricks is worn on the right from constantly going right so could be that. Are you rockin stock pressure in your tire? If so youre definitely gonna fight wobbles when learning. Maybe drop it down a little - **** I used to rock 8-10 lol. And how high up are you? Are you clutching and then powering it to stay up or are you at bo fighting the side to side wobbles

Originally Posted by EGO
Yup I was impressed when they were tellin me that **** I could barely get my bike up in 3rd
Old 08-17-2009, 12:14 AM
NealFoReal

OnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for rep

Originally Posted by EGO
yeah mister RED NECK hahaha that kid is a street killer. That's why I wanted everyone to go street ride when everyone was done but man that was one long hot day. we got to the spot at 8am and left at like 9:30 thanks to ross, well more so chino and his never before seen jumper cables hahahaha that **** was a great idea
that was a good ****** idea lol. i hit some pa streets today ight im really out now
Old 08-17-2009, 12:18 AM
Zippy Tie Rider

Tone The Natural is just really niceTone The Natural is just really niceTone The Natural is just really niceTone The Natural is just really niceTone The Natural is just really nice

I doubt this has anything to do with that. Is it a new tire youre rockin or a used one you put on? Probably new coz its a newer bike but if you picked up a used tire it could be worn to one side. My tires worn on the left from O's or O attempts to the left. Ricks is worn on the right from constantly going right so could be that. Are you rockin stock pressure in your tire? If so youre definitely gonna fight wobbles when learning. Maybe drop it down a little - **** I used to rock 8-10 lol. And how high up are you? Are you clutching and then powering it to stay up or are you at bo fighting the side to side wobbles

Yup I was impressed when they were tellin me that **** I could barely get my bike up in 3rd

New bike, new tires.. 4500 miles on it. Tires good. I'm running 29 psi in the back.. keep in mind I'm 240 lbs. I'd say I'm like 10:45 at this point. I'm not fighting wobbles.. when I clutch it up right after I immediately start going right.. I'm not wobbling just turning right. I'm powering it to stay up.
Old 08-17-2009, 12:43 AM

Originally Posted by EGO
I think I lost 5lbs from sweating so damn much
Old 08-17-2009, 01:14 AM
NealFoReal

New bike, new tires.. 4500 miles on it. Tires good. I'm running 29 psi in the back.. keep in mind I'm 240 lbs. I'd say I'm like 10:45 at this point. I'm not fighting wobbles.. when I clutch it up right after I immediately start going right.. I'm not wobbling just turning right. I'm powering it to stay up.
it could be a million different things causing it to happen. most likely its rider error which is cool - you'll get it the more work you put in. my bike was pulling to the right once and it turned out the adjustments by my chain were all outta wack i was still pullin to the right after that but not as much lol. come out to li one day - theres a bunch of gangsta riders here who are always willing to help if youre putting in the work. or take some video n post it up so at least ppl can see what youre doing right/wrong
Old 08-17-2009, 01:16 AM
NealFoReal

I think I lost 5lbs from sweating so damn much
yessir - i should do that more often then coz losin a few lbs wouldnt hurt me lol
Old 08-17-2009, 08:50 AM

PEEROCK has a spectacular aura aboutPEEROCK has a spectacular aura about

u should come out to the lot im on a 08 gixxer also ive been practicing my stagards at a local school yard and im getting frustrated
Old 08-17-2009, 08:55 AM

Yo Peerock - we rode this weekend with 2 kids who had 08+ gsxr's and one of them is gonna send me pics on how to adjust the idle.
pleaseeee let me no...ive read the only way to raise the idle on a 08 is with the suzuki sds tool which is 900 bucks i have to bounce the rpms when i snap it up **** idles at 900
Old 08-17-2009, 09:56 AM
NealFoReal

Originally Posted by PEEROCK
u should come out to the lot im on a 08 gixxer also ive been practicing my stagards at a local school yard and im getting frustrated
u dont practice - u observe when you come out

Originally Posted by PEEROCK
pleaseeee let me no...ive read the only way to raise the idle on a 08 is with the suzuki sds tool which is 900 bucks i have to bounce the rpms when i snap it up **** idles at 900

word - he said hes gonna email me the pics/info. i'll harass him later if he doesnt lol. EGO if you read this peerock said he's gonna kick your *** and make a video blog about it if you dont send the info
Old 08-17-2009, 09:56 AM
NealFoReal

It really sucks going back to work after such a fun weekend
Old 08-17-2009, 09:59 AM

u dont practice - u observe when you come out
i do work these days..got my 55t
Old 08-17-2009, 10:02 AM

word - he said hes gonna email me the pics/info. i'll harass him later if he doesnt lol. EGO if you read this peerock said he's gonna kick your *** and make a video blog about it if you dont send the info
drama starter.. wheres the pics

Quick Reply: Calling aLL NY stunters and stunteresses