Calling aLL NY stunters and stunteresses

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2009, 03:34 PM
bp chaser

MikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for rep
Re: Calling aLL NY stunters and stunteresses

it might. if its dry by 7is we'll head out

if not im stuck going to target with the kids
Old 06-11-2009, 03:37 PM
NealFoReal

OnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for rep

Originally Posted by NASTYNATE3E
To weld or do w.e u gto take out motor
probably coz the welder wont be able to get in at wierd angles to get a good weld going. One more time for your slow *** - JB WELD!!!!!
Old 06-11-2009, 03:46 PM
Soup Mafia

Ethiopian is a splendid one to beholdEthiopian is a splendid one to beholdEthiopian is a splendid one to beholdEthiopian is a splendid one to beholdEthiopian is a splendid one to beholdEthiopian is a splendid one to beholdEthiopian is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by MikeM
it might. if its dry by 7is we'll head out

if not im stuck going to target with the kids

shower time?
Old 06-11-2009, 03:46 PM

inolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of light

So I take in my van to get inspected and of course they call me back telling me something is broke.

I go in, he is moving my tie rod assembly telling me how it's not supposed to move at all.

I ask him what exactly is wrong, he tells me it's my bearings.

He then points to where the bearings are says "see, there is nothing there but grease." Well, clearly the two parts were moving fluidly (i.e. there were bearings) so I ask him what he meant. He just again said "see, there is nothing there but grease." I told him it seemed like the bearings were there as the parts were moving well. He agreed and then I asked well, what else should be there besides bearings and grease to which he just ignored my question and told me I'd need a brand new tie rod assembly (which he said was $600)

Maybe the bearings are bad, maybe there was too much free play or something, but his explanation just didn't make any sense I guess I'll try to take it to another shop sometime this week. Does anybody have any recommendations for a shop that will:
A. Tell me if anything really is fucked.
B. Pass me regardless.

Last edited by inolen; 06-11-2009 at 03:55 PM.
Old 06-11-2009, 03:52 PM
bp chaser

MikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for rep

Originally Posted by Ethiopian
shower time?
we dont say "shower" up here, we say "blog #9"
Old 06-11-2009, 04:02 PM
NealFoReal

OnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for rep

Originally Posted by inolen
So I take in my van to get inspected and of course they call me back telling me something is broke.

I go in, he is moving my tie rod assembly telling me how it's not supposed to move at all.

He then points to where the bearings are says "see, there is nothing there but grease." Well, clearly the two parts were moving fluidly (i.e. there were bearings) so I ask him what he meant. He just again said "see, there is nothing there but grease." I told him it seemed like the bearings were there as the parts were moving well. He agreed and then I asked well, what else should be there besides bearings and grease to which he just ignored my question and told me I'd need a brand new tie rod assembly (which he said was $600)

Maybe the bearings are bad, maybe there was too much free play or something, but his explanation just didn't make any sense I guess I'll try to take it to another shop sometime this week. Does anybody have any recommendations for a shop that will:
B. Pass me regardless.
I got you homie My pops is in the cab business and has a ton of shops that work with him. Just shoot me a text reminding me later in case I forgot. Oh also what year make and model is the van. On newer vehicles theres certain things that you cant get around coz the vehicle is hooked up to a computer. Things like emissions but dont know what else - nothing with bearings tho that **********. He coulda passed you if everything else was good
Old 06-11-2009, 04:04 PM
NealFoReal

I guess I'll try to take it to another shop sometime this week.
dont take it to just any shop coz you might be wasting another $40
Old 06-11-2009, 04:04 PM
NealFoReal

we dont say "shower" up here, we say "blog #9"
truth my blog # 9 just felt good pantene pro v fo life.
Old 06-11-2009, 04:05 PM
bp chaser

Originally Posted by OnEWhEeLNEAL
dont take it to just any shop coz you might be wasting another $40
the second they hear inolens accent they'll try to **** him
Old 06-11-2009, 04:07 PM
NealFoReal

the second they hear inolens accent they'll try to **** him
could be part of it. but if you went for an inspection and failed i wouldnt just go to another shop coz most likely it'll be the same thing. I got an inspection for Jimmy - he had to drive to 3 different shops but he got it when he shouldnt have.
Old 06-11-2009, 04:10 PM

inolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of light

I don't have an accent, yous guys have the accents

And yea, I'll wait to hear from you Neal, I don't like wasting $40 at shops
Old 06-11-2009, 04:12 PM
NealFoReal

I don't have an accent, yous guys have the accents

And yea, I'll wait to hear from you Neal, I don't like wasting $40 at shops
what accent do you have? the not from NY accent
Old 06-11-2009, 04:16 PM
MERK STEP UGHHHHHH

*trix* is infamous around these parts*trix* is infamous around these parts

B. Pass me regardless.
just let me take a look at the car

Last edited by *trix*; 06-11-2009 at 04:23 PM.
Old 06-11-2009, 04:17 PM
NealFoReal

Oh also what year make and model is the van.
Old 06-11-2009, 04:18 PM

Doh sorry, it's a 2001 Ford E250 van.
Old 06-11-2009, 04:25 PM
NealFoReal

i'll call pop dukes now.
Old 06-11-2009, 04:26 PM
MERK STEP UGHHHHHH

*trix* is infamous around these parts*trix* is infamous around these parts

Originally Posted by *trix*
just let me take a look at the car

a bad tie rod and wheel bearing are easily noticable things if you have bad tie rods the bushings would be all torn up on the linkage and if your bearings were bad it would screach whether or not you had lube on it, I personally think he was just trying to **** you
Old 06-11-2009, 04:33 PM

Originally Posted by *trix*
a bad tie rod and wheel bearing are easily noticable things if you have bad tie rods the bushings would be all torn up on the linkage and if your bearings were bad it would screach whether or not you had lube on it, I personally think he was just trying to **** you
The middle bar piece was able to be rotated a few degrees (but it seems like it should, hence there being bearings) but was not making any noise and there was no debris around where the bearings were.

This piece I think:

He said it should not move at all (which doesn't make any sense).

Last edited by inolen; 06-11-2009 at 04:35 PM.
Old 06-11-2009, 04:36 PM
NealFoReal

i'll call pop dukes now.
Just spoke to my pops and he said when you wanna go just lemme know and he'll call the guy for you. did you get a printout showing what needed to be fixed though - like a NYS Inspection printout? He said that could cause a problem coz if you did it'd be in the system and the next person inspecting would have to look at that. He still doesnt think it should be a problem. He did say if your tie rod assembly is all fucked up you should probably get it fixed coz you could lose control of the van to which I replied I dont think its fucked and that the guy was trying to get money. My pops deals with Fords all the time and he said the tie rods are $50 each so it definitely shouldnt cost $600 if it were a real problem. Difference w these guys, if they're not gonna pass you they wont hook ur van up just to take $40 from you - they'll let you know ahead of time but as long as its not something like emissions or whatever else they see when hooking the van to the computer, they'll pass you.
Old 06-11-2009, 04:37 PM
NealFoReal

on that note, im out

Quick Reply: Calling aLL NY stunters and stunteresses