Calling aLL NY stunters and stunteresses

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2009, 02:11 PM
NealFoReal

OnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for rep
Re: Calling aLL NY stunters and stunteresses

Originally Posted by ClanofAnts
Hey bucko -I've never filmed before. I need to see the footage to learn a thing or two.
Dont know what he's talking about but what Ive noticed - w/o having fancy things like the steadycam - never zoom and expect to get good quality. I try and always get right next to the action and film from there. Ive never used a clip where I had to zoom to get the footage in a video coz it looks like trash. Now w the steadycam that might be different. Ima probably go buy the **** today.
Old 06-11-2009, 02:12 PM
NealFoReal

OnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for rep

Originally Posted by ClanofAnts
That was months ago in LA...he keeps saying he's going to break it out again.
i never rode one and probably never will. i dont see it ending to well for me if i do. so are the lawyers warmin up to wheelie talks yet?
Old 06-11-2009, 02:15 PM

inolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by OnEWhEeLNEAL
Dont know what he's talking about but what Ive noticed - w/o having fancy things like the steadycam - never zoom and expect to get good quality. I try and always get right next to the action and film from there. Ive never used a clip where I had to zoom to get the footage in a video coz it looks like trash. Now w the steadycam that might be different. Ima probably go buy the **** today.
I'm just giving her grief.

Yea, that's what I told her basically - don't zoom.
Old 06-11-2009, 02:16 PM
bp chaser

MikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for rep

so why you gonna make it
i like to make stuff. i'll leave it in my trailer and people can use it when they want
Old 06-11-2009, 02:17 PM
NealFoReal

Originally Posted by inolen
I'm just giving her grief.

Yea, that's what I told her basically - don't zoom.
u think with the steadycam it'll get usable footage using the zoom or still be crappy it seems like its more for stabilizing movements and **** like that.
Old 06-11-2009, 02:18 PM
bp chaser

MikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for rep

i got a bunch of 2, 3, and 5 pound plates in my garage
Old 06-11-2009, 02:19 PM
bp chaser

u think with the steadycam it'll get usable footage using the zoom or still be crappy it seems like its more for stabilizing movements and **** like that.
it'll definitely decrease twitchyness which might allow you to zoom a little
Old 06-11-2009, 02:19 PM
NealFoReal

Originally Posted by MikeM
i like to make stuff. i'll leave it in my trailer and people can use it when they want
gotcha. doesnt seem hard to make which is why ima make one. but i do wanna make the inverting bracket and that seems like it'd be a little more difficult to make since you have to bend and ****. I like footage from below looking up at the subject the best and that would help with it.
Inverting bracket
One of the bad things about the steadycam by itself is that it makes it very difficult to get low angle shots such as those hovering just above the floor or looking up at a person. To fix this, you can build a U-shaped inverting bracket that wraps around the camera allowing it to be attached on the top rather than the bottom. Click on the picture to the left to enlarge. You can buy the aluminum bar at most hardware stores, cut it to length with a hacksaw, drill the holes, and bend it using the vise. Make sure the top hole is exactly above the bottom hole, otherwise it becomes off balance. Use a ruler to make measurements. You'll lose about 1/8" of an inch in the bend so be careful and account for that. It's also much easier to get a controlled bend if you make a little notch with the hacksaw on the inside where each bend should be.

Old 06-11-2009, 02:21 PM
bp chaser

gotcha. doesnt seem hard to make which is why ima make one. but i do wanna make the inverting bracket and that seems like it'd be a little more difficult to make since you have to bend and ****. I like footage from below looking up at the subject the best and that would help with it.

I can make an inverted bracket like that too. that looks like it might make it a little bouncy though
Old 06-11-2009, 02:21 PM

inolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of light

I really don't know how well it works.
Old 06-11-2009, 02:22 PM
**** yo couch!!

Nasty nate! is a jewel in the roughNasty nate! is a jewel in the roughNasty nate! is a jewel in the roughNasty nate! is a jewel in the rough

So yeah I'm a squid an life sucks rite now so I'm looking for motor 03 04 6rr anyone can keep an eye out thnks yeah neal no idle for now . Neal did u weld ur old motor? How did that go? Mine is cracked like 2 inches long an crack is the size of a tooth pick basically . Should I try to weld or just get another motor???
Old 06-11-2009, 02:38 PM
MERK STEP UGHHHHHH

*trix* is infamous around these parts*trix* is infamous around these parts

Originally Posted by NASTYNATE3E
So yeah I'm a squid an life sucks rite now so I'm looking for motor 03 04 6rr anyone can keep an eye out thnks yeah neal no idle for now . Neal did u weld ur old motor? How did that go? Mine is cracked like 2 inches long an crack is the size of a tooth pick basically . Should I try to weld or just get another motor???
I think you should take both routes, find another motor for dirt cheap and get this one welded shut
Old 06-11-2009, 02:42 PM
NealFoReal

hard to say w/o seein where its cracked but the motor on my bike now is welded. was yours spilling oil or coolant? Either way you gotta pull the motor. Here's the magic question that I already know the answer to - do you know how to drop the motor from your bike If its a small hairline crack and its not really pissin out fluid you could jb weld it to stop it from leaking. Even after mine was welded it was still leaking but I threw some JB on that bitch along with some radiator stop a leak since it was leaking coolant and its good to go. But Id get a backup motor just in case.
Old 06-11-2009, 02:43 PM
NealFoReal

also, dont put the new motor in until you install the idle cable while the motor is out. and do the kleen air mod while you got the bike apart too.
Old 06-11-2009, 02:44 PM
NealFoReal

it'll definitely decrease twitchyness which might allow you to zoom a little
yeah i figured that.

I can make an inverted bracket like that too. that looks like it might make it a little bouncy though
really? i thought it would do the same exact thing except allow u to get footage from a lower point.

Originally Posted by inolen
I really don't know how well it works.
word.
Old 06-11-2009, 02:45 PM
NealFoReal

Blog # 9 showa time. And I actually got Pantene Pro V right now
Old 06-11-2009, 02:47 PM
bp chaser

really? i thought it would do the same exact thing except allow u to get footage from a lower point.
the aluminum U shaped bar will act like a spring with the weight of the camera on it. If he used some 1/4" steel, that would probably work fine.
Old 06-11-2009, 02:49 PM
**** yo couch!!

Nasty nate! is a jewel in the roughNasty nate! is a jewel in the roughNasty nate! is a jewel in the roughNasty nate! is a jewel in the rough

Only oil was coming out no coolant I don't know Im bumed out. An yes u know that answer already...no way in he'll absolutly not wouldn't nor where to start.. Wanna do it lolilol joey said if I find a motor he would help me put it in
Old 06-11-2009, 02:49 PM
NealFoReal

the aluminum U shaped bar will act like a spring with the weight of the camera on it. If he used some 1/4" steel, that would probably work fine.
steel would be harder to bend than aluminum right? or am I thinking backwards? Steel would definitely make the contraption heavier.
Old 06-11-2009, 02:51 PM
NealFoReal

Only oil was coming out no coolant I don't know Im bumed out. An yes u know that answer already...no way in he'll absolutly not wouldn't nor where to start.. Wanna do it lolilol joey said if I find a motor he would help me put it in
Im pretty sure I could help you take the motor out. Never really messed w a RR but I got the service manual so I could check it out. Really depends on when you wanna give it a shot Taking it out is a lot easier than putting it in considering Ive never put in a RR motor. If it were an F4i I could strip that bitch down and put it back together in a couple of hours now

Quick Reply: Calling aLL NY stunters and stunteresses