Calling aLL NY stunters and stunteresses

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2010, 11:20 PM
NealFoReal

OnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for rep
Re: Calling aLL NY stunters and stunteresses

Originally Posted by Tone The Natural
That backflip at mitchell when it was me you and Monday is what finally did my subframe in btw, not parking it on the bar.
yeah that could do it lol. and you'll definitely take the title for honda destroyer.
Old 06-14-2010, 11:48 PM
Is building another f4i

skillz is just really niceskillz is just really niceskillz is just really niceskillz is just really niceskillz is just really nice

I just cant wait to bring out the f4i .
Old 06-15-2010, 12:40 AM

ny450 is a decent person

lil vid from tonight...first time in a real lot. so much better than the little dead end street i was riding on before...just keep in mind im on my 4th or 5th hour stunting so im a total noob..lemme know what you think, pointers would be great
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qDhNe2sndVA

this **** is fun though..loving it, dont regret trading my 929 much at all. granted -1+10 sucks when you want to ride street/hwy with your buddys on stock 1000's but overall its worth it. definitly going to throw my stock rear sprocket on for when i ride out to the block party though. i went for a nice slide on the pavement at the end of the night..knees are all tore up and the best part is i ordered some icon leg armor yesterday
Old 06-15-2010, 02:35 AM
Zippy Tie Rider

Tone The Natural is just really niceTone The Natural is just really niceTone The Natural is just really niceTone The Natural is just really niceTone The Natural is just really nice

Decided what I'm going to do as a new job. I've always wanted to be self employed. Gonna give day trading a shot. I have a bit of experience with the market, but I'm gonna spend the next few months trying to learn as much as I can before I dive in. Maybe try to take the series 7 and see if I can get an entry level job at a firm if self employment doesn't work out.

Last edited by Tone The Natural; 06-15-2010 at 02:41 AM.
Old 06-15-2010, 02:41 AM
NealFoReal

OnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for rep

Originally Posted by ny450
lil vid from tonight...first time in a real lot. so much better than the little dead end street i was riding on before...just keep in mind im on my 4th or 5th hour stunting so im a total noob..lemme know what you think, pointers would be great
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qDhNe2sndVA

this **** is fun though..loving it, dont regret trading my 929 much at all. granted -1+10 sucks when you want to ride street/hwy with your buddys on stock 1000's but overall its worth it. definitly going to throw my stock rear sprocket on for when i ride out to the block party though. i went for a nice slide on the pavement at the end of the night..knees are all tore up and the best part is i ordered some icon leg armor yesterday
Cancel the icon leg armor coz it sucks. first time i landed on my knees they slid right off and i rashed my **** all up. Dainese V is what you want. They stop making the Dainese 3x but this is the same thing. They're the best and if you go with elbow pads and spine protector you should also pick up Dainese **** too

http://www.kneedraggers.com/details/...r--654869.html

Wheelies looking good tho kid
Old 06-15-2010, 02:46 AM
NealFoReal

Decided what I'm going to do as a new job. I've always wanted to be self employed. Gonna give day trading a shot. I have a bit of experience with the market, but I'm gonna spend the next few months trying to learn as much as I can before I dive in. Maybe try to take the series 7 and see if I can get an entry level job at a firm if self employment doesn't work out.
I had my Series 7 and did stocks for almost 5 years. That's a hard job if you have no sales experience plus there's not as much money in it like there was back in the day. When I was doing it the top guys were making a couple hundred grand a month and thats just not happening right now. If you wanna get into day trading there's a steep learning curve with that. My brother lost money consistently for the first 3-4 years I think it was and started making his money back in the 5th and 6th years. He made back all his losses and his best 2 months was a 212% return but the skills to make a return like that took him 6 years of studying every day - and that was after work too. DayTrading is hard as hell and there's a HUGE failure ratio so you might wanna rethink it if you think it's a get rich quick thing - not saying thats what you think but just putting the facts out there. Me personally, once I have bread stacked again I'm gonna be working side by side with my brother so he could help me learn while trading my account and bringing income in for me but it's not something you're gonna learn quick and make a killing with. I worked at 2 prop trading firms each with their own methods and they were both extremely difficult to make money at.

Anyways, off to bed
Old 06-15-2010, 02:53 AM
Zippy Tie Rider

Tone The Natural is just really niceTone The Natural is just really niceTone The Natural is just really niceTone The Natural is just really niceTone The Natural is just really nice

Originally Posted by OnEWhEeLNEAL
I had my Series 7 and did stocks for almost 5 years. That's a hard job if you have no sales experience plus there's not as much money in it like there was back in the day. When I was doing it the top guys were making a couple hundred grand a month and thats just not happening right now. If you wanna get into day trading there's a steep learning curve with that. My brother lost money consistently for the first 3-4 years I think it was and started making his money back in the 5th and 6th years. He made back all his losses and his best 2 months was a 212% return but the skills to make a return like that took him 6 years of studying every day - and that was after work too. DayTrading is hard as hell and there's a HUGE failure ratio so you might wanna rethink it if you think it's a get rich quick thing - not saying thats what you think but just putting the facts out there. Me personally, once I have bread stacked again I'm gonna be working side by side with my brother so he could help me learn while trading my account and bringing income in for me but it's not something you're gonna learn quick and make a killing with. I worked at 2 prop trading firms each with their own methods and they were both extremely difficult to make money at.

Anyways, off to bed
I hear ya. I know it's going to be a ton of work. It's something I've always wanted to do but have been hesitant due to the risk involved. I really have nothing to lose now though. I've dabbled in swing trading before while I was working for the DOE, I know you're most likely going to lose money when you start. Day trading is definitely a whole different ball game. I'm going to really read up on it and decide if it's what I want to do. I've always been good with numbers, and I love gambling. I could stand a 12 hour a day job if I'm making 6 figures. I quit smoking yesterday, and started dieting today. Trying to get myself back to where I was before I was a city employee. I was about 40 lbs lighter, way happier, and way more active. Hopefully I'll end up in a way better position than before.
Old 06-15-2010, 03:00 AM
NealFoReal

swing trading is a lot easier than actual day trading and you'd probably be better off with that if you have experience with it. you could take the same concepts from swing trading and apply it to day trading but if you try day trading i would try on a simulator at first although its not the same. on the simulator you take chances you wouldnt take with real money. Like my brother for example - his analysis was on point for a long time but as soon as he would start trading live again it became emotional and he didnt see the same returns as he did on the demo. Either way - do work. If youre gonna work at a prop firm lemme know which places youre thinking about working at coz a lot of them are scams and just want you to come in with your 5k investment and after you lose 1500 - 2500 they cut you off. we'll talk more about this but if you're really serious I got a good course you could take which teaches you how to break down market internals using different indicators and breaking down those indicators to lower time frames for entry. Its a good system but like I said - my brother lost money for years but now all of his income comes from trading and he's clearing 6 figures a year from just day trading.
Old 06-15-2010, 03:00 AM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

I hear ya. I know it's going to be a ton of work. It's something I've always wanted to do but have been hesitant due to the risk involved. I really have nothing to lose now though. I've dabbled in swing trading before while I was working for the DOE, I know you're most likely going to lose money when you start. Day trading is definitely a whole different ball game. I'm going to really read up on it and decide if it's what I want to do. I've always been good with numbers, and I love gambling. I could stand a 12 hour a day job if I'm making 6 figures. I quit smoking yesterday, and started dieting today. Trying to get myself back to where I was before I was a city employee. I was about 40 lbs lighter, way happier, and way more active. Hopefully I'll end up in a way better position than before.
poker would be more fun
Old 06-15-2010, 03:06 AM
NealFoReal

Originally Posted by old man roger
poker would be more fun
**** that - thats gambling. there's a science to trading that once you learn you can make money in a bad market or a good market and it's no longer gambling
Old 06-15-2010, 03:24 AM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

**** that - thats gambling. there's a science to trading that once you learn you can make money in a bad market or a good market and it's no longer gambling
good poker players dont put up their own money they use some one elses money and split the winnings but they never lose a penny cause it aint their money

Last edited by old man roger; 06-15-2010 at 03:33 AM.
Old 06-15-2010, 03:32 AM
Zippy Tie Rider

poker would be more fun
I did that professionally for 2 years before I worked the city. It was a 16 hour job 7 days a week pretty much. I'd wake up, 4 table games online for 8 hours, go visit my girlfriend which involved playing bullshit $20 games with her brother and his friends for a couple of hours just so I could say I saw her that day, then going into Manhattan and playing in different card rooms til the wee hours of the morning. I made good money, really good money, and lived a pretty comfortable living for an 18 year old.

Unfortunately poker isn't a skill you could just pick back up. It's far from gambling, the people that gamble are the ones that end up losers. Playing skilled poker is extremely droning and uneventful. You could sit at a table for an hour and only play one hand out of 40. I used to study the game if I wasn't playing it. I'd read books the size of a King James bible to step my game up. It actually cost me a relationship with a girl I was with for 3 years. There's a ton of strategy involved in it, much more than the average person that goes to Atlantic City gets hammered and plays or the guy that plays with a bunch of his buddies once a week understand. It's like playing chess, anyone can do it, but mastering it involves putting in a ridiculous amount of work, having a ton of patience, and a high level of awareness... which I don't think I have in me anymore, at least when it comes to poker.

You can't win all the time when you play poker, but if you're a good player you will net a decent amount of money a month. The goal of playing winning poker is to net at least 3 big bets per 100 hands. So if you're playing $1/$2 Holdem, you want to make at least $6 every 100 hands. I used to see over 100,000 hands a month most of the time. The golden rule of poker is to always have enough money to cover your downswings. No matter how good you are, you will always see downswings. There's variance in poker and you need to be able to deal with it. You should have at least 300 big bets in your bankroll to for the stakes you were playing. So if you're playing 5/10 you should have at least $3,000. Towards the end of my run, I got extremely greedy and started playing in 25/50 and occasional 50/100 games. I was underbankrolled and didn't have the coin to cover my downswings. Most of the money I was making I was spending partying and enjoying myself. Definitely one of the best times of my life, but I don't think I could deal with monotony and stress of it all again.
Old 06-15-2010, 03:34 AM
Zippy Tie Rider

Look at the guys on the World Series of Poker. Why do you think the same few guys out of thousands competing finish in the top 10 of major tournaments consistently? They're just really lucky? Poker is far from gambling at all. There's a science behind it. To occasional players it's gambling but when you do it for a living your not trying to shoot for the big bucks like guys you casual players that don't take it seriously do. You're playing smart, methodical, poker and not taking any chances. Sure there's a bit of luck involved in it, I'd say 20% luck 80% skill, but the good players know when to pick and choose their battles. Poker is actually all math... it's constant calculating. The professionals players tend to be math geniuses(which I'm far from), MIT graduates, etc. The second you get your hand, your calculating whether or not you should play your hand based on your table position. Every time a new card comes out, you're calculating the odds of hitting what you need are. Everything someone makes a bet, you're calculating the amount of the bet compared to the amount of money in the pot to decide if it's worth calling, and comparing it to the odds of getting the next card you need. All these odds also constantly change depending on what stage the hand is in, if you're playing a tournament what stage the tournament is in, and how many people are at your table at the time. Knowing when to get off a hand when the odds are not in your favor and playing table position is what guys that play casually are lacking. I know my above post is long, but it explains a lot about it.

Last edited by Tone The Natural; 06-15-2010 at 04:20 AM.
Old 06-15-2010, 03:36 AM
also known as OMR

I did that professionally for 2 years before I worked the city. It was a 16 hour job 7 days a week pretty much. I'd wake up, 4 table games online for 8 hours, go visit my girlfriend which involved playing bullshit $20 games with her brother and his friends for a couple of hours just so I could say I saw her that day, then going into Manhattan and playing in different card rooms til the wee hours of the morning. I made good money, really good money, and lived a pretty comfortable living for an 18 year old.

Unfortunately poker isn't a skill you could just pick back up. It's far from gambling, the people that gamble are the ones that end up losers. Playing skilled poker is extremely droning and uneventful. You could sit at a table for an hour and only play one hand out of 40. I used to study the game if I wasn't playing it. I'd read books the size of a King James bible to step my game up. It actually cost me a relationship with a girl I was with for 3 years. There's a ton of strategy involved in it, much more than the average person that goes to Atlantic City gets hammered and plays or the guy that plays with a bunch of his buddies once a week understand. It's like playing chess, anyone can do it, but mastering it involves putting in a ridiculous amount of work, having a ton of patience, and a high level of awareness... which I don't think I have in me anymore, at least when it comes to poker.

You can't win all the time when you play poker, but if you're a good player you will net a decent amount of money a month. The goal of playing winning poker is to net at least 3 big bets per 100 hands. So if you're playing $1/$2 Holdem, you want to make at least $6 every 100 hands. I used to see over 100,000 hands a month most of the time. The golden rule of poker is to always have enough money to cover your downswings. No matter how good you are, you will always see downswings. There's variance in poker and you need to be able to deal with it. You should have at least 300 big bets in your bankroll to for the stakes you were playing. So if you're playing 5/10 you should have at least $3,000. Towards the end of my run, I got extremely greedy and started playing in 25/50 and occasional 50/100 games. I was underbankrolled and didn't have the coin to cover my downswings. Most of the money I was making I was spending partying and enjoying myself. Definitely one of the best times of my life, but I don't think I could deal with monotony and stress of it all again.
and you think day trading will be any different ?
Old 06-15-2010, 03:45 AM
Zippy Tie Rider

and you think day trading will be any different ?
Probably not. Maybe I should get back into poker . Now that you bring it up. It's pretty much the same concept. I think there's more money in trading though. I don't know, I need to figure something out.
Old 06-15-2010, 03:48 AM
also known as OMR

Probably not. Maybe I should get back into poker . Now that you bring it up. It's pretty much the same concept. I think there's more money in trading though. I don't know, I need to figure something out.
you can travel and go to all kinds of tournaments all over the country with poker , daytrading = starring at a computer screen ..lol
Old 06-15-2010, 03:55 AM
Zippy Tie Rider

you can travel and go to all kinds of tournaments all over the country with poker , daytrading = starring at a computer screen ..lol
The big money in poker is online now. With technology now you can play up to 16 tables at the same time. Making money in poker now is staring at 16 different games on your computer screen all day and constantly clicking ****. We only had 4 tabling back when I was playing, and that was boring as ****. You have the potential to make way more money playing poker online than you do playing in a casino now. Think about it, in a casino you're only playing 1 hand at a time, and getting through the hand is much slower because you have an actual person dealing, people counting chips, shuffling, etc. Online you can play 16 hands now at one time and at 5x the speed. They also have the WSOOP now (World Series of Online Poker). Some of these tournaments have prize pools of tens of millions of dollars. There's weekly tournaments where prize pools are at least a million dollars online. The only reason I really played in live games was to get away from the monotony of staring at the computer screen all day and actually talk to some people and bullshit.

Last edited by Tone The Natural; 06-15-2010 at 04:03 AM.
Old 06-15-2010, 03:59 AM
Zippy Tie Rider

This is what poker is now for guys that do it for a living. Staring at a screen and doing math every second.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tg-tJZ-nbzI
Old 06-15-2010, 04:22 AM
Zippy Tie Rider

Also I'm 4 tabling .05/.10 Holdem right now just to see if I could stomach it for an hour
Old 06-15-2010, 04:42 AM
Zippy Tie Rider

Also I'm 4 tabling .05/.10 Holdem right now just to see if I could stomach it for an hour
Nope, not for me anymore. Back to the drawing board. Bedtime.

Quick Reply: Calling aLL NY stunters and stunteresses