Calling aLL NY stunters and stunteresses

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2010, 08:05 PM
Zippy Tie Rider

Tone The Natural is just really niceTone The Natural is just really niceTone The Natural is just really niceTone The Natural is just really niceTone The Natural is just really nice
Re: Calling aLL NY stunters and stunteresses

Where can I order just the bleeder valve for an 09 R1 master? I'm gonna pick up an EZ out and try to fix the one I snapped off myself. I like having front brakes.
Old 06-06-2010, 08:17 PM
NealFoReal

OnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for rep

I'll look around for you when I get home toneth - or actually just google R1 parts fiche and look at the master. They should sell just the bleeder part anywhere they sell Yami parts. You might be able to use any bleeder off any master but dont quote me on that. If you have another master laying around I'd buy the easy out and try to get that broken one off and then try a bleeder off a different master if you got one. And yeah front brakes are good if you're moving fast but for what you're doing, you dont need front brakes. But when attemping coasters at the top of 2nd gear, it's recommended to have front brakes so you avoid hitting curbs and metal dividers
Old 06-07-2010, 02:34 AM

ScottFuries has a spectacular aura aboutScottFuries has a spectacular aura aboutScottFuries has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Tone The Natural
Where can I order just the bleeder valve for an 09 R1 master? I'm gonna pick up an EZ out and try to fix the one I snapped off myself. I like having front brakes.
tone i just got one from an auto part place...it was for an import. same thread size and the seat at the bottom was a good match. mine was a braking master not sure what thread the r1 brembo is thou.
Old 06-07-2010, 02:50 AM
Zippy Tie Rider

Tone The Natural is just really niceTone The Natural is just really niceTone The Natural is just really niceTone The Natural is just really niceTone The Natural is just really nice

Originally Posted by ScottFuries
tone i just got one from an auto part place...it was for an import. same thread size and the seat at the bottom was a good match. mine was a braking master not sure what thread the r1 brembo is thou.
True, I'll get an EZ out and bring it to auto zone.

Just got out of the garage. Fixed my front end, and swapped out my bent bars for some solid ones. Damn those things were a bitch to get in. I had to hammer them in with a rubber mallet. Only way to get them out is to hammer them back out too . Hopefully they give a little and don't break my clamps.
Old 06-07-2010, 02:52 AM
Zippy Tie Rider

Originally Posted by OnEWhEeLNEAL
I'll look around for you when I get home toneth - or actually just google R1 parts fiche and look at the master. They should sell just the bleeder part anywhere they sell Yami parts. You might be able to use any bleeder off any master but dont quote me on that. If you have another master laying around I'd buy the easy out and try to get that broken one off and then try a bleeder off a different master if you got one. And yeah front brakes are good if you're moving fast but for what you're doing, you dont need front brakes. But when attemping coasters at the top of 2nd gear, it's recommended to have front brakes so you avoid hitting curbs and metal dividers
What the **** is a fiche
Old 06-07-2010, 03:27 AM
Zippy Tie Rider

Would these work as cage bolts? I can't find shouldered bolts with the correct thread size for my A town cage, but they're 100mm. Can I just use these ones that are threaded all the way through?

http://www.fastenal.com/web/products...1114224&ucst=t
Old 06-07-2010, 08:42 AM
NealFoReal

OnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for rep

What the **** is a fiche
if you searched for one, you would have known asshoe
Old 06-07-2010, 09:06 AM
Zippy Tie Rider

Originally Posted by OnEWhEeLNEAL
if you searched for one, you would have known asshoe
I did, I even tried googling the definition
Old 06-07-2010, 09:31 AM
NealFoReal

I did, I even tried googling the definition

http://www.google.com/search?q=yamah...ient=firefox-a

http://www.bikebandit.com/sem/t4/yam...9278&WT.srch=1

http://www.crotchrocket.com/pages/pa.../2/Yamaha.aspx
Old 06-07-2010, 09:46 AM
Zippy Tie Rider

Good looks lol. I got that it's a parts list but I still don't get why it's called a fiche though. That was the first time I ever heard that.
Old 06-07-2010, 10:28 AM
I Have Too Much Free Time

Zuki750 has a brilliant futureZuki750 has a brilliant futureZuki750 has a brilliant futureZuki750 has a brilliant futureZuki750 has a brilliant futureZuki750 has a brilliant futureZuki750 has a brilliant futureZuki750 has a brilliant futureZuki750 has a brilliant futureZuki750 has a brilliant futureZuki750 has a brilliant future

Good looks lol. I got that it's a parts list but I still don't get why it's called a fiche though. That was the first time I ever heard that.
Micro Fiche. It's how multiple pages of something were stored before computers. Libraries used them extensively. Even at your age, you should remember that.
Old 06-07-2010, 10:44 AM
KING annoyingeric

Annoying Eric is a jewel in the roughAnnoying Eric is a jewel in the roughAnnoying Eric is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Zuki750
Micro Fiche. It's how multiple pages of something were stored before computers. Libraries used them extensively. Even at your age, you should remember that.

He use to work at a parts store also from what he has told me..
Old 06-07-2010, 10:48 AM
Zippy Tie Rider

I have memory issues thanks.
Old 06-07-2010, 10:50 AM
Zippy Tie Rider

Originally Posted by Annoying Eric
He use to work at a parts store also from what he has told me..
that was about 8 years ago, and we used computers. It wasn't like it was today though, everything was text based. Same concept though. Just never remembered it being called a fiche.
Old 06-07-2010, 11:04 AM
bp chaser

MikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for rep

I was in 9th grade when the microfiche readers at our library got replaced with regular pc's. That would put tone in elementary school, no way hes gonna remember that far back.
Old 06-07-2010, 11:06 AM
KING annoyingeric

Annoying Eric is a jewel in the roughAnnoying Eric is a jewel in the roughAnnoying Eric is a jewel in the rough

im only 24 and i remember the old microfiche. They were the things that needed a big reading machine.. I dont know exactly how it worked but i vaguely remember.. Or am i wrong?
Old 06-07-2010, 11:14 AM

Zuki750 has a brilliant futureZuki750 has a brilliant futureZuki750 has a brilliant futureZuki750 has a brilliant futureZuki750 has a brilliant futureZuki750 has a brilliant futureZuki750 has a brilliant futureZuki750 has a brilliant futureZuki750 has a brilliant futureZuki750 has a brilliant futureZuki750 has a brilliant future

im only 24 and i remember the old microfiche. They were the things that needed a big reading machine.. I dont know exactly how it worked but i vaguely remember.. Or am i wrong?
You're right. They were little cards like a film negative kinda. You put the card in the reader which was kind of like an overhead projector. It blew the image up onto a screen so you could read it. Each card had multiple pages so you moved it around to read the pages you wanted.
Old 06-07-2010, 11:15 AM

Originally Posted by MikeM
I was in 9th grade when the microfiche readers at our library got replaced with regular pc's. That would put tone in elementary school, no way hes gonna remember that far back.
We still had them when I graduated. I live in Maine though.
Old 06-07-2010, 11:17 AM
Zippy Tie Rider

So how or why would I be using a big reading machine in a parts store 8 years ago? I'm so stupid for working in an auto parts store and not knowing what technology that was used years before I actually worked in said auto parts store is. That's like saying since you use a computer, you should know how punch card programs operated before PC's were invented..

If you're talking about those rolls of film in the library that were old newspapers and magazines and whatnot that you fed into the reader, yes I remember that. I didn't remember them being called microfiches. The last time I saw one was probably in 2nd grade. No one used that in mine or your working lifetime though, so how or why me working in a parts store would be relevant to knowing what a fiche is is beyond me. I had no idea they used those to catalog parts. We had dem dere computers.

Last edited by Tone The Natural; 06-07-2010 at 11:46 AM.
Old 06-07-2010, 11:36 AM
what is he doing?

becky has a reputation beyond reputebecky has a reputation beyond reputebecky has a reputation beyond reputebecky has a reputation beyond reputebecky has a reputation beyond reputebecky has a reputation beyond reputebecky has a reputation beyond reputebecky has a reputation beyond reputebecky has a reputation beyond reputebecky has a reputation beyond reputebecky has a reputation beyond repute

We still had them when I graduated. I live in Maine though.
i remember seeing them last in middle school or maybe even junior high...i don't remember them in high school. looks like kansas is a notch up from maine jk

Quick Reply: Calling aLL NY stunters and stunteresses