Calling aLL NY stunters and stunteresses

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2010, 12:18 AM
Zippy Tie Rider

Tone The Natural is just really niceTone The Natural is just really niceTone The Natural is just really niceTone The Natural is just really niceTone The Natural is just really nice
Re: Calling aLL NY stunters and stunteresses

Originally Posted by OnEWhEeLNEAL
I cant find the tubing that we normally buy which is 7/8" x .120 (or .125). The thickest wall they have is .065 which is 1/2 the thickness of the ones we normally get. The one's we normally get are thicker than vortex tubes so I dont know where this would rank with the vortex tubes tho

http://www.fastenal.com/web/products...0950846&ucst=t

http://www.fastenal.com/web/products...0950846&ucst=t
That's .6 per inch which comes out to like 6.60 per tube. The same tubing seems to be cheaper here.
http://www.onlinemetals.com/merchant...=71&top_cat=60
Old 05-12-2010, 12:18 AM
NealFoReal

OnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for rep

Originally Posted by StrictlyStunt
**** is so gay
+1

Originally Posted by *trix*
orderd my ramp off ebay :D
I completely forgot about lookin for that. How much you wind up payin for the 2 or did you just get 1.
Old 05-12-2010, 12:19 AM
Is building another f4i

skillz is just really niceskillz is just really niceskillz is just really niceskillz is just really niceskillz is just really nice

there you go toneth. whats your analysis of steve's bike
i think he experienced the buttery goodness of a 636 , really idk
Old 05-12-2010, 12:22 AM
NealFoReal

OnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for rep

Originally Posted by Tone The Natural
That's .6 per inch which comes out to like 6.60 per tube. The same tubing seems to be cheaper here.
http://www.onlinemetals.com/merchant...=71&top_cat=60
the solid tubing is cheaper for whatever reason. Its .33 per inch and I use 11" per tube like the vortex tubes so each one is $3.63. Im going w the solid tubing so Ima order from Fastenal but I'm waiting til tomorrow coz I wanna call them and get a quote on them cutting it for me. With the regular tubing I'd use a pipe cutter and cut them myself but I dunno how easy it will be to cut solid tubing myself And I'm thinking of ordering them 12" each so I could try the longer tubing and worst case if I dont like it I'll just push it in a little bit to get rid of that 1".
Old 05-12-2010, 12:25 AM
Is building another f4i

skillz is just really niceskillz is just really niceskillz is just really niceskillz is just really niceskillz is just really nice

the solid tubing is cheaper for whatever reason. Its .33 per inch and I use 11" per tube like the vortex tubes so each one is $3.63. Im going w the solid tubing so Ima order from Fastenal but I'm waiting til tomorrow coz I wanna call them and get a quote on them cutting it for me. With the regular tubing I'd use a pipe cutter and cut them myself but I dunno how easy it will be to cut solid tubing myself And I'm thinking of ordering them 12" each so I could try the longer tubing and worst case if I dont like it I'll just push it in a little bit to get rid of that 1".
i run long tubes to protect my levers. there is no rule saying your grips and throttle tube have to be mounted on the end of the clipontube
Old 05-12-2010, 12:25 AM
Zippy Tie Rider

Tone The Natural is just really niceTone The Natural is just really niceTone The Natural is just really niceTone The Natural is just really niceTone The Natural is just really nice

Gil, tomorrow I'm gonna get some bolts for the right side and see if the threads inside are stripped or it's just the bolts. I had originally broken one bolt tightening it so I was riding with only 1 in cause im lazy, and when I crashed yesterday the other bolt stripped out. Hopefully it was just the bolts are the threads inside are still good. I don't wanna give ya no bum **** so I'll get a couple new bolts to see if they work.
Old 05-12-2010, 12:28 AM
NealFoReal

Originally Posted by skillz
i run long tubes to protect my levers. there is no rule saying your grips and throttle tube have to be mounted on the end of the clipontube
I always ran the same length as vortex coz thats what I started with and was comfy w it but also, I was skurred to put longer tubes coz I figured they'd stick out more and have a greater chance of bending tubes every few minutes

Gil, tomorrow I'm gonna get some bolts for the right side and see if the threads inside are stripped or it's just the bolts. I had originally broken one bolt tightening it so I was riding with only 1 in cause im lazy, and when I crashed yesterday the other bolt stripped out. Hopefully it was just the bolts are the threads inside are still good. I don't wanna give ya no bum **** so I'll get a couple new bolts to see if they work.
Your bolt was stripped. I dont think the clamp itself is fucked up besides the rash. Take a bolt out of the other side and screw it in just to see if it will work - not too tight though 1 turn too tight toneth
Old 05-12-2010, 12:29 AM
NealFoReal

Oh and Ross, I just realized I never sent you which wires you gotta tap into for the gas light. Remind me tomorrow in case I forget and I'll send it to you
Old 05-12-2010, 12:32 AM
Is building another f4i

whats cheaper and readily available . a piece of aluminum tubing or a brembo brake lever?
Old 05-12-2010, 12:35 AM
Is building another f4i

if you can still ride with them dont mess with them n let me evaluate there condition. just saying i know people who are capable of crossthreading the cap to an orange juice bottle
Old 05-12-2010, 12:36 AM
NealFoReal

Ross, actually, here's the wires you gotta tap into. With the gas light I bought there was no positive and negative. I just hooked one side up to positive and the other to negative but there was nothing on the light marking + & -

You have to tap into the harness for your gauges. There's one wire on each of the plugs. I'm confused now though - you run gauges so why do you need a gas indicator light

So "+" is black/brown and "-" is brown/black wire. If I remember correctly, both wires are the corner wires on the clips.
Old 05-12-2010, 12:39 AM
KING annoyingeric

Annoying Eric is a jewel in the roughAnnoying Eric is a jewel in the roughAnnoying Eric is a jewel in the rough

if you can still ride with them dont mess with them n let me evaluate there condition. Just saying i know people who are capable of crossthreading the cap to an orange juice bottle
Old 05-12-2010, 12:40 AM
Zippy Tie Rider

if you can still ride with them dont mess with them n let me evaluate there condition. just saying i know people who are capable of crossthreading the cap to an orange juice bottle
Aight. The the right one has no bolts in it right now but I can't ride til I get some parts anyway, bike won't start. They're probably fine like neal said the screw just popped out and one of them I broke myself
Old 05-12-2010, 12:41 AM
NealFoReal

Out. Later *******
Old 05-12-2010, 12:45 AM

SLiM13 is infamous around these parts

yut ughhhhh
Old 05-12-2010, 12:49 AM

neal you know anyone sellin a f4i locally?? my cousins looking for a full fairing one not too exspensive preferably yellow
Old 05-12-2010, 12:50 AM
Group Moderator

StrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for rep

Ross, actually, here's the wires you gotta tap into. With the gas light I bought there was no positive and negative. I just hooked one side up to positive and the other to negative but there was nothing on the light marking + & -

You have to tap into the harness for your gauges. There's one wire on each of the plugs. I'm confused now though - you run gauges so why do you need a gas indicator light

So "+" is black/brown and "-" is brown/black wire. If I remember correctly, both wires are the corner wires on the clips.
my gauges are mounted on the side of my bike. I only look at them when i change my idle or to check my temp.

If i had a red light flashing on my triple then id stop running out of gas in a wheelie... it's happen 3 times in the past 2 months
MERK STEP UGHHHHHH

*trix* is infamous around these parts*trix* is infamous around these parts

+1

I completely forgot about lookin for that. How much you wind up payin for the 2 or did you just get 1.

i got one for 65 shipped w00t sleep time! running in 6 hours
Group Moderator

StrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for rep

Originally Posted by SLiM13
neal you know anyone sellin a f4i locally?? my cousins looking for a full fairing one not too exspensive preferably yellow
few cheap ones in jersey on CL
Old 05-12-2010, 01:03 AM

thanks bro ill check it out.... do you know anyone with a left and/or right yellow and black fairing?

Quick Reply: Calling aLL NY stunters and stunteresses