Calling aLL NY stunters and stunteresses

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2010, 12:34 PM

juzslidin has a spectacular aura aboutjuzslidin has a spectacular aura about
Re: Calling aLL NY stunters and stunteresses

well if u already got a 60t .... run it ! i am rather cheap .... ie i will run what i got till its dead then replace with the best i can afford. u dont see the point in wasting a dick load of money so i can say i got the best crap on my bike . hell i was running a 900rr master with a ft adapter for years as my h/b .....

the 60t will be more twitchy , but in turn u will be forced to learn throttle control . plus its easier on the clutch . its all personal preference my man
Old 04-13-2010, 12:38 PM
Is building another f4i

skillz is just really niceskillz is just really niceskillz is just really niceskillz is just really niceskillz is just really nice

Originally Posted by ruthless rah
yes he does have good points...but are you tellin me a 60 is the best way to go startin off???
why not , your numerous years at riding and bike building makes you think differently . stock sprockets are for people who need excuses . do you wanna stunt or ride a 100ft. wheelie out the next time you leave bike nite. if you wanna blaze across the lot at 40mph and convince yourself you have bp. go ahead . yeah you are going to drop the bike , yeah you are going to break stuff. i rode your bike leave it alone , its smooth there is nothing twitchy about it
Old 04-13-2010, 12:45 PM

juzslidin has a spectacular aura aboutjuzslidin has a spectacular aura about

gil , any idea how much roman gets for a cage ???
Old 04-13-2010, 12:48 PM
90-day squid probation

ruthless rah is a name known to allruthless rah is a name known to allruthless rah is a name known to allruthless rah is a name known to allruthless rah is a name known to allruthless rah is a name known to all

Originally Posted by skillz
why not , your numerous years at riding and bike building makes you think differently . stock sprockets are for people who need excuses . do you wanna stunt or ride a 100ft. wheelie out the next time you leave bike nite. if you wanna blaze across the lot at 40mph and convince yourself you have bp. go ahead . yeah you are going to drop the bike , yeah you are going to break stuff. i rode your bike leave it alone , its smooth there is nothing twitchy about it
tru
Old 04-13-2010, 12:59 PM

Josh911R6 is a splendid one to beholdJosh911R6 is a splendid one to beholdJosh911R6 is a splendid one to beholdJosh911R6 is a splendid one to beholdJosh911R6 is a splendid one to beholdJosh911R6 is a splendid one to beholdJosh911R6 is a splendid one to beholdJosh911R6 is a splendid one to behold

do what makes you happy rah. what works for one person may not work for another. if you want to try a smaller sprocket. i say go for it. besides, its not a huge hunk of change and easily changed when you want to go back to 60. only you will know what works for you.
Old 04-13-2010, 01:09 PM

Josh911R6 is a splendid one to beholdJosh911R6 is a splendid one to beholdJosh911R6 is a splendid one to beholdJosh911R6 is a splendid one to beholdJosh911R6 is a splendid one to beholdJosh911R6 is a splendid one to beholdJosh911R6 is a splendid one to beholdJosh911R6 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by inolen
Yea, those are 2 pretty distinctly different noises. CCT is a loud CLACK CLACK CLACK, valves are more of a hiss/tick.
i hear a clack clack clack, but i know that 636 are notoriously loud on warm up and lowend wise. This is louder than normal now. the Noise turns into a ringing noise at higher rpm's. I will check the valves anyhow. Thanks!

The hissing, is my radiator leak, which is still leaking and fizzling even though jb welded.
Old 04-13-2010, 01:19 PM

inolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of light

the big gearing debate , big gearing means you are actually going slower so dropping bike will result in less damage .stock gearing equels alot of squids flying around at mach 1 at the spot trying to learn bp ,throttle and brake control, learning with stock gearing just covers bad habits of throttle chopping and lack of confidence. put a 60 and grow some ***** nothing you can learn with stock gearing is going to help , it is just how everyone learned who didnt know any better. if you can rock stunt gearing street gearing should be no problem , but it doesnt work the other way around.
I learned stock and never once was flying around the parking lot. Clutched it up nice and slow just like I would with big gearing

Throttle control has 2 components. Being steady and knowing when to use it.

Stock masks being steady.
Big gearing masks knowing when to use it.

Edit: And yea, if your bike has a 60 on it run with it. But Toneth needs to quit spending time and money changing **** up and just ride.

Last edited by inolen; 04-13-2010 at 01:25 PM.
Old 04-13-2010, 01:32 PM

Edit: And yea, if your bike has a 60 on it run with it. But Toneth needs to quit spending time and money changing **** up and just ride.
he said he would ride with me tonight if it doesn't rain.
Old 04-13-2010, 01:56 PM
Zippy Tie Rider

Tone The Natural is just really niceTone The Natural is just really niceTone The Natural is just really niceTone The Natural is just really niceTone The Natural is just really nice

I haven't changed anything at all with the exception of the clip ons.
Old 04-13-2010, 01:57 PM
Zippy Tie Rider

Tone The Natural is just really niceTone The Natural is just really niceTone The Natural is just really niceTone The Natural is just really niceTone The Natural is just really nice

Old 04-13-2010, 02:19 PM
Is building another f4i

skillz is just really niceskillz is just really niceskillz is just really niceskillz is just really niceskillz is just really nice

Originally Posted by juzslidin
gil , any idea how much roman gets for a cage ???
around 3beans
Old 04-13-2010, 02:27 PM
Is building another f4i

Originally Posted by Dirty Jerzey Alie
do what makes you happy rah. what works for one person may not work for another. if you want to try a smaller sprocket. i say go for it. besides, its not a huge hunk of change and easily changed when you want to go back to 60. only you will know what works for you.
says the girl who has been trying to catch idle for over 3years
Old 04-13-2010, 02:28 PM
Is building another f4i

i learned things the hard way so you dont have to
Old 04-13-2010, 02:38 PM

says the girl who has been trying to catch idle for over 3years
People in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.
Old 04-13-2010, 02:39 PM

And not for nothing...You gotta admit I'm doing pretty good now.
Old 04-13-2010, 02:39 PM

inolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by toneth
I haven't changed anything at all with the exception of the clip ons.
Clipons, fan, radiator cage, clutch perch that caused you to burn out your clutch blah blah
Old 04-13-2010, 02:44 PM
KING annoyingeric

Annoying Eric is a jewel in the roughAnnoying Eric is a jewel in the roughAnnoying Eric is a jewel in the rough

Im going to PA on sunday....
Old 04-13-2010, 02:47 PM
bp chaser

MikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for rep

the big gearing debate , big gearing means you are actually going slower so dropping bike will result in less damage .stock gearing equels alot of squids flying around at mach 1 at the spot trying to learn bp ,throttle and brake control, learning with stock gearing just covers bad habits of throttle chopping and lack of confidence. put a 60 and grow some ***** nothing you can learn with stock gearing is going to help , it is just how everyone learned who didnt know any better. if you can rock stunt gearing street gearing should be no problem , but it doesnt work the other way around.
Learning on a small sprocket makes you really learn how to clutch it up like a man. You cant cheat if you know what I mean..
Old 04-13-2010, 03:03 PM

Originally Posted by Annoying Eric
Im going to PA on sunday....
Sounds like an excellent idea.

Originally Posted by MikeM
Learning on a small sprocket makes you really learn how to clutch it up like a man. You cant cheat if you know what I mean..
Excellent point.
Old 04-13-2010, 03:10 PM
Zippy Tie Rider

Clipons, fan, radiator cage, clutch perch that caused you to burn out your clutch blah blah
Not totally correct but too lazy to argue, I get it

Quick Reply: Calling aLL NY stunters and stunteresses