Calling aLL NY stunters and stunteresses

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2010, 11:18 AM
bp chaser

MikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for rep
Re: Calling aLL NY stunters and stunteresses

Originally Posted by toneth
I'm not being a wussy I'm still going to ride stock until I put it on, just going to have it on standby. How am I gonna kill HC O's on stock by end of April with no gearing?
do you just have a bunch of money burning a hole in your pocket or what? stock is so much easier for straightline wheelies
Old 04-13-2010, 11:21 AM
Zippy Tie Rider

Tone The Natural is just really niceTone The Natural is just really niceTone The Natural is just really niceTone The Natural is just really niceTone The Natural is just really nice

Originally Posted by MikeM
do you just have a bunch of money burning a hole in your pocket or what? stock is so much easier for straightline wheelies
No, people tell me one thing, other people tell me another thing, other people tell me something else. I need gearing cause I'm big, I don't need gearing because it shouldn't matter. I need gearing cause it bogs, it's not the gearing causing the bog it's me. It's just all conflicting.
Old 04-13-2010, 11:27 AM

juzslidin has a spectacular aura aboutjuzslidin has a spectacular aura about

only time i really noticed a need for gearing is some circles so i dont need to slip the clutch , and stall tricks gearing is nice .
Old 04-13-2010, 11:29 AM
bp chaser

MikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for rep

That bog just annoys me. I know what you're saying though... It's just weird having to crank on that throttle so hard in 1st to pull it up. I'm gonna continue riding stock for sure.
bog = you didnt give it enough gas before releasing the clutch. haha cuz youre being a *****
Old 04-13-2010, 11:33 AM

inolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of light

No, people tell me one thing, other people tell me another thing, other people tell me something else. I need gearing cause I'm big, I don't need gearing because it shouldn't matter. I need gearing cause it bogs, it's not the gearing causing the bog it's me. It's just all conflicting.
LOL, yes, that is a problem when you're learning.

I'll say this, *** drags are a bad thing to learn first. It worked for Neal, but Neal tried quite a few other things as well that I'm sure he won't try to push on you

Gearing is not something you need for basic wheelies. Yes, with the way most of us ride out there we want gearing, but for starting out you absolutely do not need it, regardless of your size.

Your bike, as is, without any more money being dumped into it, will wheelie just fine. You need to learn the basics on it before you start customizing it to how you want to ride.
Old 04-13-2010, 11:35 AM

Josh911R6 is a splendid one to beholdJosh911R6 is a splendid one to beholdJosh911R6 is a splendid one to beholdJosh911R6 is a splendid one to beholdJosh911R6 is a splendid one to beholdJosh911R6 is a splendid one to beholdJosh911R6 is a splendid one to beholdJosh911R6 is a splendid one to behold

does anyone know if there's a write up on 636 CCT replacement? i tried searching and found nothing.
Old 04-13-2010, 11:36 AM

inolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Dirty Jerzey Alie
does anyone know if there's a write up on 636 CCT replacement? i tried searching and found nothing.
It's the same as the f4i CCT. You take out 2 bolts, take out the cct, and put on the new one with a new gasket.
Old 04-13-2010, 11:38 AM

i still think its your valves are outa adjustment .... not soo much the cct .....
Old 04-13-2010, 11:41 AM

Originally Posted by juzslidin
i still think its your valves are outa adjustment .... not soo much the cct .....
Yea, those are 2 pretty distinctly different noises. CCT is a loud CLACK CLACK CLACK, valves are more of a hiss/tick.
Old 04-13-2010, 11:44 AM
bp chaser

Originally Posted by inolen
there is no bog.

That's just you needing to put in work

you coming out this weekend? If so, get in line with us so we can watch you.
Originally Posted by juzslidin
only time i really noticed a need for gearing is some circles so i dont need to slip the clutch , and stall tricks gearing is nice .
+1
Old 04-13-2010, 11:46 AM
90-day squid probation

ruthless rah is a name known to allruthless rah is a name known to allruthless rah is a name known to allruthless rah is a name known to allruthless rah is a name known to allruthless rah is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Dirty Jerzey Alie
were u able to send ur cage out?
not yet...ispoke to him this morning, i have the newer cage but he said the tubing of the cage is broke and they dont manufacturer the tubing...but he said he would call me back a lil later

Originally Posted by inolen
I'm just saying, no tricks you are learning right now will benefit from bigger gearing. In fact, the bigger gearing is just going to make you twitchier.

Stock gearing is great for learning how to use your throttle.
+1
Old 04-13-2010, 11:54 AM
Zippy Tie Rider

Tone The Natural is just really niceTone The Natural is just really niceTone The Natural is just really niceTone The Natural is just really niceTone The Natural is just really nice

Originally Posted by ruthless rah
not yet...ispoke to him this morning, i have the newer cage but he said the tubing of the cage is broke and they dont manufacturer the tubing...but he said he would call me back a lil later

+1
The hell are you +1ing? You're running a 60 tooth and in the same boat as me
Old 04-13-2010, 12:00 PM
90-day squid probation

ruthless rah is a name known to allruthless rah is a name known to allruthless rah is a name known to allruthless rah is a name known to allruthless rah is a name known to allruthless rah is a name known to all

The hell are you +1ing? You're running a 60 tooth and in the same boat as me
and thats exactly why im takin tht big **** off...
Old 04-13-2010, 12:02 PM
Zippy Tie Rider

and thats exactly why im takin tht big **** off...
54 is still 8 up.
Old 04-13-2010, 12:13 PM
Is building another f4i

skillz is just really niceskillz is just really niceskillz is just really niceskillz is just really niceskillz is just really nice

the big gearing debate , big gearing means you are actually going slower so dropping bike will result in less damage .stock gearing equels alot of squids flying around at mach 1 at the spot trying to learn bp ,throttle and brake control, learning with stock gearing just covers bad habits of throttle chopping and lack of confidence. put a 60 and grow some ***** nothing you can learn with stock gearing is going to help , it is just how everyone learned who didnt know any better. if you can rock stunt gearing street gearing should be no problem , but it doesnt work the other way around.
Old 04-13-2010, 12:16 PM
90-day squid probation

yea but its better then 60 for now IMO...u wanna stay stock then stay stock...u gotta use what works for you...anybody who knows what their doin can jump on any bike and rip
Old 04-13-2010, 12:18 PM
Is building another f4i

skillz is just really niceskillz is just really niceskillz is just really niceskillz is just really niceskillz is just really nice

yea but its better then 60 for now IMO...u wanna stay stock then stay stock...u gotta use what works for you...anybody who knows what their doin can jump on any bike and rip
really , i have said my peace . woot woot . whats that i hear ? its the struggle train pulling into the station rah has a ticket
Old 04-13-2010, 12:21 PM
90-day squid probation

hahaha
Old 04-13-2010, 12:24 PM

hmmm gil does have some very accurate points ......
Old 04-13-2010, 12:27 PM
90-day squid probation

yes he does have good points...but are you tellin me a 60 is the best way to go startin off???

Quick Reply: Calling aLL NY stunters and stunteresses