Alaska Stuntin "Damn its cold"

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2008, 08:49 PM
A.K.A. Johnny Xtreme

johnny25 is a decent person
Alaska Stuntin "Damn its cold"

Here a lil vid of my pratice section yesterday. I finally got circles but I can't keep it goin. what am I doin wrong.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=61pQaQsMdu8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u4OfVZspKY8
Old 10-27-2008, 08:57 PM

Towlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Alaska Stuntin "Damn its cold"

Just keep doing what your doing, you'll get them with a lil more seat time! :YEAH

Just keep work on being smoother on the brake and throttle, and try to start working the clutch

practice EVERYDAY! Even if its only 10 minutes...
Old 10-27-2008, 09:10 PM
A.K.A. Johnny Xtreme

Hers a few more clips. Sorry there all broken up. I don't have a program to make it all one clip.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGUN9wx3sEI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Znh0-VW33iM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WCrhwGlbhqw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zPk9O7E2fLw
Old 10-27-2008, 09:12 PM
A.K.A. Johnny Xtreme

Originally Posted by Towlieee
Just keep doing what your doing, you'll get them with a lil more seat time! :YEAH

Just keep work on being smoother on the brake and throttle, and try to start working the clutch

practice EVERYDAY! Even if its only 10 minutes...

I've been tryin to get them for the past year. I try an get out there everyday while its still dry. Once the snow hits then on goes the studded tires
Old 10-27-2008, 09:35 PM

nags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for rep

Turn your idle down.. It sounds like it's screaming and you're just overpowering it with the brake causing it to stall
Old 10-27-2008, 09:37 PM

ZaGGie05 is a decent person

Dude i get cold just watching your vids
Old 10-27-2008, 11:13 PM
A.K.A. Johnny Xtreme

Originally Posted by nags
Turn your idle down.. It sounds like it's screaming and you're just overpowering it with the brake causing it to stall

Ok I'll try that. I just got back from tryin them. does it help to lean back
Old 10-27-2008, 11:34 PM
Livin the nightmare

JoeT. is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by johnny25
Ok I'll try that. I just got back from tryin them. does it help to lean back

It'll help a little but its more about bein in an athletic position than just leanin back. Put yourself in a position to feel what the bike is doin from your hands all the way to your feet. You gotta dominate the bike, you should feel like you're in control. Once you get the bike put into the circle, (visualize this) try to keep the rear tire under you as if you're giving it gas to push it under your body- almost like you're tryin to push it out in front of you. Look slightly into the circle but not at the ground, dont worry about how many you do just try to keep the front end up. Once the bike is in the right position you just gotta "Blip it then dip it" -thats what I was tought, meaning give it a blip of the throttle and then push it back into the circle and repeat - In seat stander this means pushin with your feet too. Like nags said if you turn your idle down a bit it'll actually smooth em out for ya, cause you wont be over powering the brake, and when you do let off the brake it wont try to run away from you. See if slowin em down just a hair helps. You're smooth with your throttle control so use that, dont depend on idle so much, your throttle control in combos is good, it should be no different with circles. They look good dude, you're right there. Just stay on it and dont get frustrated. Good luck.

OH - here's an easy one -try goin to seat stander from spreader dude, you're really close, just wrap them legs back a bit more and give it a little juice as you wrap back, you'll find the seat, its way easier than it looks. This will put you in a better position to combo again and again. Stay warm.

Last edited by JoeT.; 10-27-2008 at 11:41 PM.
Old 10-27-2008, 11:40 PM
A.K.A. Johnny Xtreme

Originally Posted by JoeT.
It'll help a little but its more about bein in an athletic position than just leanin back. Put yourself in a position to feel what the bike is doin from your hands all the way to your feet. You gotta dominate the bike, you should feel like you're in control. Once you get the bike put into the circle, (visualize this) try to keep the rear tire under you as if you're giving it gas to push it under your body- almost like you're tryin to push it out in front of you. Look slightly into the circle but not at the ground, dont worry about how many you do just try to keep the front end up. "Blip it then dip it" -is what I was tought, meaning give it a blip of the throttle and then push it back into the circle and repeat - In seat stander this means pushin with your feet too. Like nags said if you turn your idle down a bit it'll actually smooth em out for ya, cause you wont be over powering the brake, and when you do let off the brake it wont try to run away from you. See if slowin em down just a hair helps. They look good dude, you're right there. Just stay on it and dont get frustrated. Good luck.

OH- try goin to seat stander from spreader dude, you're right there, just wrap them legs back a bit more, you'll find the seat, its way easier than it looks. This will put you in a better position to combo again.

Thanks for the advice. thats how its was feeling today when i was doin them. I did them a little better getting tight with the bike and feeling out the circle. I only got twice around but its progress. I can go from spreader to seat stander I just didn't on that combo. Yeah it's easy an fun too, keep them combos goin. just throw ya feet back an catch the seat.
Old 10-27-2008, 11:44 PM
Livin the nightmare

JoeT. is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by johnny25
Thanks for the advice. thats how its was feeling today when i was doin them. I did them a little better getting tight with the bike and feeling out the circle. I only got twice around but its progress. I can go from spreader to seat stander I just didn't on that combo. Yeah it's easy an fun too, keep them combos goin. just throw ya feet back an catch the seat.
Thats the way circles are gonna go. You'll get two and you'll be stuck. Then you'll go out the next day and do four....and be stuck. It'll come, just keep your eye on the prize. **** looks good though dude.
Old 10-27-2008, 11:47 PM
A.K.A. Johnny Xtreme

Originally Posted by JoeT.
Thats the way circles are gonna go. You'll get two and you'll be stuck. Then you'll go out the next day and do four....and be stuck. It'll come, just keep your eye on the prize. **** looks good though dude.
Thanks man. Yeah my eyes on the prize fa sho. I'm a keep on goin till I get it. Hopefully I get it before it snows.