Highway Video

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2008, 01:13 AM

Location: A-K-Rowdy, OH...where the weak are killed and eaten
Affliction600 is a decent person
Highway Video

This video was takin back in in May. This was like three weeks after me and my buddy startin trying highway wheelies. I'm hitting about three miles now (starting to get better bp and good use of back brake, got a better stance now to..was to crouched at first). But this is the only video we have at the moment..and so i figured I would get some criticism on it. A lot of this stuff is fast..I'm actually able to keep it around 65mph now..but..still bout as low as i can get...Always lookin for ways to improve though..Like..how to start really getting use to feathering the clutch when up..or if its really even that necessary unless you can get to full bp...and tryin to get some tips on shifting wait..ive got right turns down now..but penelope cruz spread wide right in front of me couldnt get me to turn left..my stance is straight up now..but i just cant get down how to shift weight...also wondering if anybody started out doin slow **** first and if that would help...gettin rid of the bike i got now though and hoping to pick up a lil stunt piece next year to start workin slow stuff on..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N6W6kCYF3NI
me-black gixxer 600
dan-grey and black r6
Old 10-21-2008, 01:16 AM

Re: Highway Video

and my bad on music..didnt put any play over music..so got to deal with what my girl was listening to..
Old 10-21-2008, 01:25 AM

sdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of light

use 3rd gear. ur gonna blow that engine.
Old 10-21-2008, 01:27 AM
www.cycletreads.co.nz

Kevmo7 is a decent person

was alrite, that stoppie at the end was horrible.

why were you sticking so close to the very very inside of the lane, like on the line?
Old 10-21-2008, 01:28 AM

Tucker R6! is a splendid one to beholdTucker R6! is a splendid one to beholdTucker R6! is a splendid one to beholdTucker R6! is a splendid one to beholdTucker R6! is a splendid one to beholdTucker R6! is a splendid one to beholdTucker R6! is a splendid one to behold

dude the blonde more shots of her!!!! :YEAH

we got a Canton here as well thats cool
Old 10-21-2008, 01:29 AM
†★ King of brake lines ★†

Juca has a brilliant futureJuca has a brilliant futureJuca has a brilliant futureJuca has a brilliant futureJuca has a brilliant futureJuca has a brilliant futureJuca has a brilliant futureJuca has a brilliant futureJuca has a brilliant futureJuca has a brilliant futureJuca has a brilliant future

what happen at 00:41 after landing?
Old 10-21-2008, 01:31 AM

TexRida is a decent person

lol i thought i saw a cop at 1:09
but then i looked again
Old 10-21-2008, 01:42 AM

YSRRider is just really niceYSRRider is just really niceYSRRider is just really niceYSRRider is just really niceYSRRider is just really nice

You know when you're playing Gran Tourismo on Play Station and you go into a corner too fast and you start turning the controller because your brain thinks that its going to make the car turn more..... well I keep doing that with my head every time the dude throws his fat *** off the right side of the bike trying to keep that little bike in a straight line..... I almost fell out of my chair twice because I kept leaning over WTF!!!!
Old 10-21-2008, 01:45 AM

YSRRider is just really niceYSRRider is just really niceYSRRider is just really niceYSRRider is just really niceYSRRider is just really nice

ah.... its the doo rag in your back pocket creating drag!

doo rag gotta go home boy!!!!!!! LOL
Old 10-21-2008, 02:55 AM
Stuntride.com

R1wonder is a glorious beacon of lightR1wonder is a glorious beacon of lightR1wonder is a glorious beacon of lightR1wonder is a glorious beacon of lightR1wonder is a glorious beacon of light

you hang all over that bike...lean back.

its a gas tank not a vagina
Old 10-21-2008, 02:55 AM

oh i know dude..just started tryin endo that weekend...im only hitting bout 40-50 feet right now...

Last edited by Affliction600; 10-21-2008 at 02:58 AM.
Old 10-21-2008, 02:59 AM
JENNY JENN is my bieootch

ninjakiller34 can only hope to improve

yeah....why are you putting all your weight on the right side of the bike? LOL Stay Center! DONT hurt yourself PLEASE.....LIke everyone else and me....NEED MORE PRACTICE
Old 10-21-2008, 03:02 AM

Originally Posted by R1Wonder
you hang all over that bike...lean back.

its a gas tank not a vagina

yeah..i did that when i first started ridin em..leaned a lot to just cuz i always seem to go to left..but i was just holdin my weight on my left leg and so i would lean to counter that ****..worked on it though and i stand pretty much straight up and down now..and now that my bp is better aint wobblin..
Old 10-21-2008, 04:26 AM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

Originally Posted by Affliction600
This video was takin back in in May. This was like three weeks after me and my buddy startin trying highway wheelies. I'm hitting about three miles now (starting to get better bp and good use of back brake, got a better stance now to..was to crouched at first). But this is the only video we have at the moment..and so i figured I would get some criticism on it. A lot of this stuff is fast..I'm actually able to keep it around 65mph now..but..still bout as low as i can get...Always lookin for ways to improve though..Like..how to start really getting use to feathering the clutch when up..or if its really even that necessary unless you can get to full bp...and tryin to get some tips on shifting wait..ive got right turns down now..but penelope cruz spread wide right in front of me couldnt get me to turn left..my stance is straight up now..but i just cant get down how to shift weight...also wondering if anybody started out doin slow **** first and if that would help...gettin rid of the bike i got now though and hoping to pick up a lil stunt piece next year to start workin slow stuff on..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N6W6kCYF3NI
me-black gixxer 600
dan-grey and black r6
ok i know this is stupid of me because you clearly didn't wreck because you are posting but the whole time i was watching you wheelie i was scarred ...

first thing , tell me your not holding the brake the whole time your doing a wheelie because if you are you will boil your fluid and when you really need your brake it wont be there , at high rpm there is plenty of engine brake to bring the bike down so cover the brake but only use it if you dip back too far ..

secondly you mention feathering the clutch while you are doing a wheelie , don't mess with the clutch at all while you are learning , that comes later for coasters and **** like that ..

thirdly some one mentioned shifting to a higher gear so your bike is not revving so high , thats not a bad idea but you should have very good brake and throttle control before you start shifting up a gear because the high rpm's make the wheelie safer because of the strong engine brake at high rpm's ..

as far as stearing the bike goes it is easier to steer the higher the wheelie is because the bike is easier to move around the closer you are to balance point ..

standing up straighter will be easier the higher the wheelie also because you are leaning off to the side fighting the bike wanting to go left but if your higher it wont take as much of a correction to keep the bike straight

last but not least please please please move out away from the barrier and the grass when your doing a wheelie because as your putting the bike down it is almost impossible to stear untill the front wheel hits the ground and if your heading for a turn you may end up in the grass or sliding along the barrier ..
Old 10-21-2008, 05:36 AM
†★ King of brake lines ★†

Juca has a brilliant futureJuca has a brilliant futureJuca has a brilliant futureJuca has a brilliant futureJuca has a brilliant futureJuca has a brilliant futureJuca has a brilliant futureJuca has a brilliant futureJuca has a brilliant futureJuca has a brilliant futureJuca has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by old man roger
ok i know this is stupid of me because you clearly didn't wreck because you are posting but the whole time i was watching you wheelie i was scarred ...

first thing , tell me your not holding the brake the whole time your doing a wheelie because if you are you will boil your fluid and when you really need your brake it wont be there , at high rpm there is plenty of engine brake to bring the bike down so cover the brake but only use it if you dip back too far ..

secondly you mention feathering the clutch while you are doing a wheelie , don't mess with the clutch at all while you are learning , that comes later for coasters and **** like that ..

thirdly some one mentioned shifting to a higher gear so your bike is not revving so high , thats not a bad idea but you should have very good brake and throttle control before you start shifting up a gear because the high rpm's make the wheelie safer because of the strong engine brake at high rpm's ..

as far as stearing the bike goes it is easier to steer the higher the wheelie is because the bike is easier to move around the closer you are to balance point ..

standing up straighter will be easier the higher the wheelie also because you are leaning off to the side fighting the bike wanting to go left but if your higher it wont take as much of a correction to keep the bike straight

last but not least please please please move out away from the barrier and the grass when your doing a wheelie because as your putting the bike down it is almost impossible to stear untill the front wheel hits the ground and if your heading for a turn you may end up in the grass or sliding along the barrier ..
nice post
Old 10-21-2008, 05:46 AM

crashtest 750 has a spectacular aura aboutcrashtest 750 has a spectacular aura aboutcrashtest 750 has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by old man roger

+1 my ******* puckered once or twice watching that. I like the way you and your bud know where each other are when ridin. Safty First!!!
Old 10-21-2008, 06:05 AM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

Originally Posted by crashtest 750
+1 my ******* puckered once or twice watching that. I like the way you and your bud know where each other are when ridin. Safty First!!!
oh ya that reminds me i wanted to mention that don't follow so close and tell your buddy the same thing or you guys will end up like kelm ...when you put down a high revving wheelie and jump out of the gas your bike slows down faster then the guy in a wheelie behind you can
Old 10-21-2008, 06:47 AM
Blue light means go?

Evan is an unknown quantity at this point

Highway wheelies never get old. Keep it up. Those early days are the best.

-E
Old 10-21-2008, 07:02 AM
scrape it son!

tigroo is a decent person

most important of all, never wear a spine protec, ****'s dangerous at that speed
Old 10-21-2008, 01:51 PM

DLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to behold

cool beans!

Quick Reply: Highway Video