WTF!cops are asses!

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2008, 09:22 PM

brandon kloss is a decent person
WTF!cops are asses!

So the dudes and I are out at the lot when a city cop rolls up and tells us we have to stop or he is going to cite us for recless and careless driving on private property in the city limits. We had th road blocked, we have signed waivers and all carry $500,000 coverage on our bikes. Has anybody every heard of this bullshit law. He says we have to go to the city counsel for approval and get a permit.
Old 10-18-2008, 09:23 PM
Yea...I got that!

Reckless01 is a decent person
Re: WTF!cops are asses!

True story!

Bet you are at the city hall on monday huh?

The permits are pretty cheap!

*EDIT* PS Actually if you had written (get it notarized dude) permission from the OWNER of the property and you had the "public access" removed by way of roadblock then the cop needs to check himself! You are in the right!
Old 10-18-2008, 09:26 PM
www.tobefast.com

YogiR6 is a decent person

Yewah, that is bull **** man. FTP
Old 10-18-2008, 09:27 PM
N/A

N/A is an unknown quantity at this point

You are partially right Reckless... only thing you didn't add is the entire lots needs to be either (A) fully enclosed or (B) have some sort of system that will catch a motorcycle should it get away from a rider. A barricade if you will. The best make shift barricade is the orange construction fence... that **** works great. Block off areas using that, put up your signs, and have permission... you should be fine after that.
Old 10-18-2008, 09:29 PM
Yea...I got that!

Reckless01 is a decent person

Yes you have to remove the "public access" this also means no people can come in and out. So if the business is closed that's ok but you get it!
Old 10-18-2008, 09:30 PM

Originally Posted by Mr. Farley
You are partially right Reckless... only thing you didn't add is the entire lots needs to be either (A) fully enclosed or (B) have some sort of system that will catch a motorcycle should it get away from a rider. A barricade if you will. The best make shift barricade is the orange construction fence... that **** works great. Block off areas using that, put up your signs, and have permission... you should be fine after that.
I'll probobly get a ticket for doin that without a permit
Old 10-18-2008, 09:31 PM

Originally Posted by Reckless01
Yes you have to remove the "public access" this also means no people can come in and out. So if the business is closed that's ok but you get it!
Only one side is buy the road otherwise there is tress all the way around the lot
Old 10-18-2008, 09:34 PM
N/A

Bottom line, it's a pain in the *** and always a gamble unless it's a sanctioned event. 9 out of 10 times if a cop wants to make your life a living hell, he will. The best advice I could give anyone is to just let the cop cry about it, go get all of your paperwork together, and try to obtain those permits.
Old 10-18-2008, 09:37 PM

word, it's just bullshit that a guy has to be such a *****. He said he heard us from the gas station, witch was only right next to a highway, and he couldn't even hear the cars driving down the highway.
Old 10-18-2008, 09:45 PM
Group Moderator

StrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for rep

****** cops. i hate the ones that try and take you down even though your trying to stay out of the streets and do things right.
Old 10-18-2008, 09:58 PM
N/A

Originally Posted by brandon kloss
word, it's just bullshit that a guy has to be such a *****. He said he heard us from the gas station, witch was only right next to a highway, and he couldn't even hear the cars driving down the highway.
Yea, this cop sounds like he didn't get his extra cream filled donut. It's really tough dealing with city cops, sometimes sheriffs are cool, or try and find a county that has a larger population... around here if you ride in Golden, or Lakewood you get fucked with but when I ride in Denver I very rarely get fucked with.

Getting an absolutely proof positive spot is damn near impossible. Good luck dude, just keep trying is all you can do.
Old 10-19-2008, 12:40 AM
JENNY JENN is my bieootch

ninjakiller34 can only hope to improve

**** going through all that.....just find another spot. wait it out then go back to your original spot. Just go parking lot to parking lot. Parking lots aren't hard to find. I dont consider where im from very big, but we have a Huge Univeristy Football parking lot, A minor League baseball parking lot, high school parking lots and tons of INDUSTRIAL type ****. Cops can't be everywhere at once......DO your thing
Old 10-19-2008, 02:03 AM
Say what again!

malott442 is a decent person

Yea, this cop sounds like he didn't get his extra cream filled donut. It's really tough dealing with city cops, sometimes sheriffs are cool, or try and find a county that has a larger population... around here if you ride in Golden, or Lakewood you get fucked with but when I ride in Denver I very rarely get fucked with.

Getting an absolutely proof positive spot is damn near impossible. Good luck dude, just keep trying is all you can do.

Get a fifteen year old girl to solicit him for sex, and video tape him accepting. Then turn it in to the police...... Case closed.

LOL JK that sucks to hear. Some cops are cool, some cops are COPS
Old 10-19-2008, 02:47 AM
kpz

kpz352 TND btch is a decent person

Ftp I Feel Your Pain Man I Had A Cop Tell Me I Didn't Get Hit By A Car After I Got Hit By A Car And I Just Went To Jail For Drivin On Revoked When I Never Even Left The Parkin Lot. Pigs Are All About The Money... They Are The Real Criminals... They Didn't Bitch About The 2,000 Dollars They Confiscated From Me.
Old 10-19-2008, 11:14 PM
SquidWheelies.com

SquidWheelies is an unknown quantity at this point

yeah I ride with brandon and i'm headin down to the police station tomorrow to talk to the cops about how to do this legit. hopefully this all works out in our favor. try as they may, they will not stamp out stunting.
Old 10-19-2008, 11:22 PM

Dilts646 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by SquidWheelies
yeah I ride with brandon and i'm headin down to the police station tomorrow to talk to the cops about how to do this legit. hopefully this all works out in our favor. try as they may, they will not stamp out stunting.

Post up what they have to say.
Old 10-20-2008, 12:30 PM

larson is a decent person

True story!

Bet you are at the city hall on monday huh?

The permits are pretty cheap!

*EDIT* PS Actually if you had written (get it notarized dude) permission from the OWNER of the property and you had the "public access" removed by way of roadblock then the cop needs to check himself! You are in the right!

These guys I think have it right guys.

here is the minnesota statue.

169.13, Minnesota Statutes 2007

Copyright © 2007 by the Office of Revisor of Statutes, State of Minnesota.
169.13 RECKLESS OR CARELESS DRIVING.
Subdivision 1. Reckless driving. (a) Any person who drives any vehicle in such a manner as
to indicate either a willful or a wanton disregard for the safety of persons or property is guilty of
reckless driving and such reckless driving is a misdemeanor.
(b) A person shall not race any vehicle upon any street or highway of this state. Any person
who willfully compares or contests relative speeds by operating one or more vehicles is guilty of
racing, which constitutes reckless driving, whether or not the speed contested or compared is in
excess of the maximum speed prescribed by law.
Subd. 2. Careless driving. Any person who operates or halts any vehicle upon any street or
highway carelessly or heedlessly in disregard of the rights of others, or in a manner that endangers
or is likely to endanger any property or any person, including the driver or passengers of the
vehicle, is guilty of a misdemeanor.
Subd. 3. Application. (a) The provisions of this section apply, but are not limited in
application, to any person who drives any vehicle in the manner prohibited by this section:
(1) upon the ice of any lake, stream, or river, including but not limited to the ice of any
boundary water; or
(2) in a parking lot ordinarily used by or available to the public though not as a matter of
right, and a driveway connecting the parking lot with a street or highway.

(b) This section does not apply to:
(1) an authorized emergency vehicle, when responding to an emergency call or when in
pursuit of an actual or suspected violator;
(2) the emergency operation of any vehicle when avoiding imminent danger; or
(3) any raceway, racing facility, or other public event sanctioned by the appropriate
governmental authority.

END

We need to not make it available to the public better. I think Mr. Farley has a good Idea. maybe the rope thing isn't enough anymore. We will see what LT finds out at the cop shop.
Old 10-20-2008, 12:39 PM
kpz

kpz352 TND btch is a decent person

that sux...
Old 10-20-2008, 12:57 PM
closer to stuntable

NS01r6 is a decent person

Just heard about this from LT, man how lame, and its a pretty good lot, outta town and such. Lame *** cops
Old 10-20-2008, 02:36 PM

larson is a decent person

LT went to the city police station and talked to a chief or someone and they said that as long as we have the entrances to the parking lot blocked off and its not accessible to the public and we have permission from the owner with a written letter then we can ride there. So we should be good to ride there now. The guy was gonna call LT back about getting something in writing in case another cop shows up.

Quick Reply: WTF!cops are asses!