636 kleen air

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2008, 04:50 PM

110stunter is an unknown quantity at this point
636 kleen air

ok did the kleen air mod on my 03 636 and im learning stalls now and the other day i held it up for maybe 10secs and jumped back on rode to the end of the lot and when i brought it down it poored smoke for a min or so....so did i do something wrong? cuz i know its gonna smoke a lil but its was really bad
Old 10-13-2008, 05:04 PM

Greg Mcglynn is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: 636 kleen air

I got the same problem. i did the kleen air mod and my bike smokes like crazy when I try a stall trick. I keep the oil level in the middle of min and max mark on the sight glass. I checked out the kleen air system when I had a 636 motor apart. The kleen air ports on the valved cover go into the cylinder head and dump out at the exhaust ports. So when it smoked bad its ok because the oil is just dumping into the exhaust and burns out instead of dumping into your airbox and being burned in the combustion chamber.

I still hate when it smokes so I just gave up on the stall tricks

other riders have done the kleen air mod and have had no issues
Old 10-13-2008, 05:10 PM
WWW.Sickinnovations.com

Suicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to behold

you have too much oil in the bike just let it burn down to the proper level and then it will quit smoking. i had the same problem when i first did it
Old 10-13-2008, 05:24 PM

Greg Mcglynn is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by DURTY-636
you have too much oil in the bike just let it burn down to the proper level and then it will quit smoking. i had the same problem when i first did it
Thats what I was thinking. So maybe at the min mark on the sight glass then?
I'll keep trying
Old 10-13-2008, 05:36 PM
www.mxdcages.com

Michael D Rickman is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Greg Mcglynn
Thats what I was thinking. So maybe at the min mark on the sight glass then?
I'll keep trying
uh wouldn't that be worse for the engine smoke or oil starvation,i'll take smoke.
Old 10-13-2008, 05:41 PM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

i have mine filled to the top of the site glass and it doesn't smoke unless i have it past twelve for a while ...

and like some one else said if there is smoke coming out your pipe thats oil that would have been going in your air box so the mod is working ..

if you are getting smoke from just doing stalls then you are either holding the bike past twelve or you have too much oil ..
Old 10-13-2008, 06:03 PM

melloyello is an unknown quantity at this point

I like it when mine does it. Clears all mosquitos from the lot.
Old 10-28-2008, 02:25 AM

krazykyle85 is a decent person

Im thinkn of running a vent to a catch bottle similar to radiator over flow set up. id rather alil bit of oil goin in the over flow bottle an maybe out on the ground then run throu my cycl. cause if i do alot of stalls it still smokes an runs like crap an fouls my plugs. and then my bike sounds like hot garbage and runs like a f4i hahaha
Old 10-28-2008, 02:28 AM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

Originally Posted by krazykyle85
Im thinkn of running a vent to a catch bottle similar to radiator over flow set up. id rather alil bit of oil goin in the over flow bottle an maybe out on the ground then run throu my cycl. cause if i do alot of stalls it still smokes an runs like crap an fouls my plugs. and then my bike sounds like hot garbage and runs like a f4i hahaha
you may have another problem because the clean air mod routes the oil directly to the exhaust port and as long as the bike is running there should be no possible way for the oil to get to the cylinder
Old 10-28-2008, 02:42 AM

well im not possible that it gets in cylinder but when it happens it defientyl doesnt sounds as smooth running. to be honest there is very little or no power loss all thou i do have anotehr problem not sure if its from bike overheating an plugs going bad or!? but the motor sounds like garbage at a certain rpm. it came with a power commander so i might try dyno tuning cause it has full exhaust, yoshimura.
but with the oil thing i also dont like at shows when it happens an i smoke out everyone an i lose oil, id rather have a catch can that will atleast save some oil an no more smoke.... unless im burning rubber haha
Old 10-28-2008, 02:44 AM
also known as OMR

well im not possible that it gets in cylinder but when it happens it defientyl doesnt sounds as smooth running. to be honest there is very little or no power loss all thou i do have anotehr problem not sure if its from bike overheating an plugs going bad or!? but the motor sounds like garbage at a certain rpm. it came with a power commander so i might try dyno tuning cause it has full exhaust, yoshimura.
but with the oil thing i also dont like at shows when it happens an i smoke out everyone an i lose oil, id rather have a catch can that will atleast save some oil an no more smoke.... unless im burning rubber haha
you will only loose oil till it finds it's own level then it wont smoke any more and as far as the bike sounding funny when it smokes thats because you have oil in your header but it will burn off
Old 10-28-2008, 02:49 AM

Originally Posted by old man roger
you will only loose oil till it finds it's own level then it wont smoke any more and as far as the bike sounding funny when it smokes thats because you have oil in your header but it will burn off
ya but that lever is low in the sight glass. some of the stalls i do i have to have the bike as straight up an down as possible, and ya after, looks like cheech an chong are toking IN my pipe

Old 10-28-2008, 03:37 AM
also known as OMR

ya but that lever is low in the sight glass. some of the stalls i do i have to have the bike as straight up an down as possible, and ya after, looks like cheech an chong are toking IN my pipe

thats strange cause my bar is way past 12 and i put it on the bar all the time and never get any smoke unless i leave it there running for a long time , i keep my oil at the top of the site glass
Old 10-28-2008, 03:52 AM

how long on the bar and how high is your idle
Old 10-28-2008, 03:53 AM
AGGRESSION!

E-DUB OM is a decent person

What are the advantages of this kleen air mod? I run mine just the way it is stock and havent had any problems since Ive been on the 636. Whats the benefits of doing this?
Old 10-28-2008, 04:00 AM

oil wont get in your airbox an run throu your engine. you can also hydrolock your enigne. an like i was sayn another reaason so my bike doesnt smoke on stall jumps.
Old 10-28-2008, 04:01 AM
also known as OMR

Originally Posted by E-DUB OM
What are the advantages of this kleen air mod? I run mine just the way it is stock and havent had any problems since Ive been on the 636. Whats the benefits of doing this?
1 it stops any oil from getting in your air box and considering oil doesn't compress like air that could cause your motor to grenade ..

2 it keeps all the hot oily cranckcase fumes out of your air box which is a power loss

3 it creates a vacuum in your cranckcase which creates low end power and a better pull on idle
Old 10-28-2008, 04:02 AM
also known as OMR

how long on the bar and how high is your idle
5 or 6 seconds and about 3000 to 3500 depending on what im doing
Old 10-28-2008, 04:06 AM

see alil higher idle sometimes an maybe alil longer at 12 position is my problem?
and the vaccum... ive noticed my oil fill cap under pressure not vaccum after i turned my bike on before so are you sure?!
Old 10-28-2008, 04:12 AM
AGGRESSION!

E-DUB OM is a decent person

I had a mechanic supposedly do the kleen air mod on my bike back in the day and like 3 or 4 sessions later my motor grenaded. Does the kleen air mod create crank case pressure? If so where does the pressure go when it builds up too much? Im the kind of rider that lives on the rev limiter. Too much pressure could go boom right?

Quick Reply: 636 kleen air