636 kleen air

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2008, 04:20 AM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep
Re: 636 kleen air

Originally Posted by krazykyle85
see alil higher idle sometimes an maybe alil longer at 12 position is my problem?
and the vaccum... ive noticed my oil fill cap under pressure not vaccum after i turned my bike on before so are you sure?!
if you have pressure then you may have a pinched hose or you didn't dissable the pair valve ...

Originally Posted by E-DUB OM
I had a mechanic supposedly do the kleen air mod on my bike back in the day and like 3 or 4 sessions later my motor grenaded. Does the kleen air mod create crank case pressure? If so where does the pressure go when it builds up too much? Im the kind of rider that lives on the rev limiter. Too much pressure could go boom right?
the mod when done correctly does not create pressure it creates a vacuum via reed valves in your valve cover that are ported to your exhaust , the reed valves make it impossible for it to build pressure unless like i mentioned above some one forgets to un plug the pair valve then if the pair valve closes there will be pressure but when done correctly there is a vacuum
Old 10-28-2008, 04:22 AM
AGGRESSION!

E-DUB OM is a decent person

Originally Posted by old man roger
if you have pressure then you may have a pinched hose or you didn't dissable the pair valve ...

the mod when done correctly does not create pressure it creates a vacuum via reed valves in your valve cover that are ported to your exhaust , the reed valves make it impossible for it to build pressure unless like i mentioned above some one forgets to un plug the pair valve then if the pair valve closes there will be pressure but when done correctly there is a vacuum
Word. So I read the thread with your instructions. Seems easy. I may have to give it a try. Plug the vacuum hose off the T with a screw and connect the T to the crank vent hose. Easy enough. My idle sucks right now so maybe this will help it. If I kill my idle with the brake it takes a few seconds to build back up to where its set. Its kicking my ***! It may be my throttle bodies need a good synching though.
Old 10-28-2008, 04:24 AM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

Word. So I read the thread with your instructions. Seems easy. I may have to give it a try. Plug the vacuum hose off the T with a screw and connect the T to the crank vent hose. Easy enough. My idle sucks right now so maybe this will help it. If I kill my idle with the brake it takes a few seconds to build back up to where its set. Its kicking my ***! It may be my throttle bodies need a good synching though.
dont forget to block off the holes left in your air box and if your idle isn't coming back up you have an issue that you should deal with first and then do the mod ...
Old 10-28-2008, 04:26 AM
AGGRESSION!

E-DUB OM is a decent person

dont forget to block off the holes left in your air box and if your idle isn't coming back up you have an issue that you should deal with first and then do the mod ...
I would but I cant figure out why
Old 10-28-2008, 04:34 AM
also known as OMR

I would but I cant figure out why
lol what have you done so far ?
Old 10-28-2008, 04:41 AM

krazykyle85 is a decent person

throttlebodie sync could help but dount thats the problem. kleen air could help too. but id more lean to something is causeing drag or something like that.... brakes or chain or bearings or your foot still on brake :P

but omr, no pair valve on its jus a t on top connected to vent on case.
it was after the bike was off... i dunno?!
but i know its done right an i know no pinches.

on my f4i an 06 R1 i ended up blocking off top of head, with covers on r1 an caps on f4i, then running a a vent hose down to lowset point of frame an ziptied it with a mini filter....
never had any problems or noticed any significant amount of seepage! haha
i think im doing same on 636 to stop the smoke!

2nd hand smoke kills
Old 10-28-2008, 04:44 AM
also known as OMR

reed valves are one way only even if the bike is off so if you are getting presure there is some thing wrong .
Old 10-28-2008, 04:45 AM
also known as OMR

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reed_valve
Old 10-28-2008, 04:48 AM

reed valves are one way only even if the bike is off so if you are getting presure there is some thing wrong .
i appreciate the explaination of the reeds
but i fully understand the concept the use an have delt with many, esp. on many 2 stroke Db's:YEAH

im jus sayn haha... i have no idea... maybe was something to do with bike being hot an sitn for awhile or!?
oh i also have blown a valve cover gasket in the past... not sure if there related!?
Old 10-28-2008, 04:50 AM
also known as OMR

i appreciate the explaination of the reeds
but i fully understand the concept the use an have delt with many, esp. on many 2 stroke Db's:YEAH

im jus sayn haha... i have no idea... maybe was something to do with bike being hot an sitn for awhile or!?
oh i also have blown a valve cover gasket in the past... not sure if there related!?
pressure will cause the valve cover to blow , it is a symptom though not a cause ..
Old 10-28-2008, 04:53 AM

agrre'd... ok so now what would cause pressure?

ive checked hose numerous times... shes good.

so what else does that?
Old 10-28-2008, 04:54 AM

ive never taken apart reeds or dont know were exactly or how exactly they vent could something be fecked up there?
Old 10-28-2008, 04:56 AM
also known as OMR

agrre'd... ok so now what would cause pressure?

ive checked hose numerous times... shes good.

so what else does that?
well if your reed valves are fucked some how ..take em out and make sure they are clean and closing all the way ..

another thing that can cause pressure is excessive blow by but that would only cause pressure while the bike was running and would vent immediately after the motor was turned off
Old 10-28-2008, 04:58 AM
also known as OMR

ive never taken apart reeds or dont know were exactly or how exactly they vent could something be fecked up there?
they are in your valve cover right under each hose that goes to your pair valve ..there is a port underneath the reed valve that goes directly to the exhaust port
Old 10-28-2008, 05:03 AM

they are in your valve cover right under each hose that goes to your pair valve ..there is a port underneath the reed valve that goes directly to the exhaust port

ya ima take em apart tommorow night an see. i jus was never sure if they dumper after the exhaust valve or?! but i guess theyd have to know that i THINK about it hahaha

ill let ya know how it goes haha