Rookie Progress

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2008, 03:35 PM

Decimation is a decent person
Rookie Progress

Nellie Scrapes!!!.....I told you i was gonna post em up! Thanks for all the help peeps! I made a bit of progress this weekend!:YEAHI know all of you guys are waaayyy past this point...but for a rookie scraping and parking felt like the first time I got some a$$!
http://s147.photobucket.com/albums/r...=Rod101108.flv
Old 10-13-2008, 03:48 PM

NYstunter636 is a decent person
Re: Rookie Progress

def exciting the first time....keep it up
Old 10-13-2008, 03:48 PM

sdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of light

u know theres a rear brake under ur right foot, and if you tap it once u start scraping youll come right back into the wheelie? i never understood why ppl get into the habit of jumping off the back when they scrape. your throttle control looks pretty smooth, now just use your brake to maintain the wheelie instead of parking it.
Old 10-13-2008, 03:54 PM

nags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for rep

Originally Posted by sdfkillz
u know theres a rear brake under ur right foot, and if you tap it once u start scraping youll come right back into the wheelie? i never understood why ppl get into the habit of jumping off the back when they scrape. your throttle control looks pretty smooth, now just use your brake to maintain the wheelie instead of parking it.
I think that comes from people learning on full on setup stunt bikes. Back when you learned on your mint street piece you wouldn't dare just step off the back
Old 10-13-2008, 03:56 PM

Yea I know that...That's how I stopped it! I got used to it coming down by just hopping off....It was not that bad so I tried staying on the bike. While I was coasting on the bar I was thinking that I could just hit the break....But it was the first time....so my brain was one step behind the action. Anyhow...It's major progress for me....Hopefully next time I'll do better.....
Old 10-13-2008, 03:57 PM

NYstunter636 is a decent person

everyone did it the first time don't lie
Old 10-13-2008, 03:58 PM

sdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by nags
I think that comes from people learning on full on setup stunt bikes. Back when you learned on your mint street piece you wouldn't dare just step off the back
agreed. ive still never owned a bike with a 12 bar, so i never had the option of doing that. i learned just tapping the tail on my gix, if i woulda tried to park it **** woulda been disasterous.
Old 10-13-2008, 04:00 PM

Originally Posted by Decimation
Yea I know that...That's how I stopped it! I got used to it coming down by just hopping off....It was not that bad so I tried staying on the bike. While I was coasting on the bar I was thinking that I could just hit the break....But it was the first time....so my brain was one step behind the action. Anyhow...It's major progress for me....Hopefully next time I'll do better.....
i didnt even pull in the clutch when i was learnin to scrape tail, id just come back on the brake and scrape then hit the brake a bit harder and come back to idle. but youre one step closer to real coasters now i guess.
Old 10-13-2008, 04:08 PM

i didnt even pull in the clutch when i was learnin to scrape tail, id just come back on the brake and scrape then hit the brake a bit harder and come back to idle. but youre one step closer to real coasters now i guess.
Yeah I was not that confident when I was doing them this weekend....Again...It was my first time even trying them so now that I know how it feels and what to do hopefully things get better from here. I wish I was good enough to do **** on the first try and nail it!
Old 10-13-2008, 04:36 PM

nags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for rep

****.. we didn't even know to turn the idle up back then lol.. All throttle
Old 10-13-2008, 04:55 PM

dug up my 1st scraper back january or febuary of 06

http://myspacetv.com/index.cfm?fusea...deoid=44581322
Old 10-13-2008, 05:02 PM

dug up my 1st scraper back january or febuary of 06

http://myspacetv.com/index.cfm?fusea...deoid=44581322
Way to rain on my parade homie! Maybe next time I'll get some skills!
Old 10-13-2008, 05:23 PM

YSRRider is just really niceYSRRider is just really niceYSRRider is just really niceYSRRider is just really niceYSRRider is just really nice

Lookin good!!!!!!! Who taught you how to do that?????

was that your bail at the end? I cant see it.... I think the brightness on my monitor is too low, the whole video just looks black.
Old 10-13-2008, 05:39 PM

Originally Posted by YSRRider
Lookin good!!!!!!! Who taught you how to do that?????

was that your bail at the end? I cant see it.... I think the brightness on my monitor is too low, the whole video just looks black.
Reading is fundamental!! Thanks for the write up homie! The last part of the vid is dark for sure because we shot that **** at night with my wack *** sony digital camera....but the beginning should be ok
Old 10-13-2008, 06:39 PM
Super Glue It!

LanceR. is a decent person

nice job for beginning man. I did that same **** when i first scraped. Its all a thinking game. In the beginning your mind doesn't react real quick like it would with a bit of experience. It'll all fall in place, just keep practicing man