929 radiator on F4/F4i?

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2008, 05:00 PM
SquidWheelies.com

SquidWheelies is an unknown quantity at this point
929 radiator on F4/F4i?

I've heard you can do this as the only difference between the 2 is the bottom mounting bracket. if this is wrong, dont start flamin, because this is what i heard.

Has anyone actually done it? and if so, what mods do i have to make?
Old 10-12-2008, 08:42 PM
N/A

N/A is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: 929 radiator on F4/F4i?

Yes, I've done it and it'll work fine. The bottom rad hose is just barely long enough, I'd suggest getting one that is a little bit longer. Also, the bottom bracket works but you need to bend the bracket the opposite direction. All I did was snip the corners and bent the bracket backwards to make it work.
Old 10-12-2008, 09:42 PM
EXTREME THERAPY

100%_sukkafree is a jewel in the rough100%_sukkafree is a jewel in the rough100%_sukkafree is a jewel in the rough100%_sukkafree is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Mr. Farley
Yes, I've done it and it'll work fine. The bottom rad hose is just barely long enough, I'd suggest getting one that is a little bit longer. Also, the bottom bracket works but you need to bend the bracket the opposite direction. All I did was snip the corners and bent the bracket backwards to make it work.
+1
Old 10-12-2008, 09:58 PM

Towlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Mr. Farley
+1
The stock bottom bracket is junk anyways, just make one out of a piece of steel stock, way stronger, and you can bend it wherever you need

And on the radiator house, my left side hose wouldn't make it, so in a pinch, I had an alumnium pipe laying around that was the same size, so I cut a 6" piece and spliced it in the middle of the hose
Old 10-12-2008, 10:05 PM

Tasty_McWheelie is a decent person

oo **** i JUST did that today and here is how it went...... PAIN IN THE ***!
f4i fans dont fit so i wouldnt recommend that, then ALL the hoses line up except that the hoses on the left side, the one that goes into the water pump is a little short for that radiator. besides that, the only other difference is that tab on bottom doesnt line up with the holder thing coming from the engine case.
but if you have the 929 fan and a little extra hose to mess with then go for it but dont use 929 radiators as quick replacements at the lot!
Old 10-13-2008, 03:23 AM

Towlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Tasty_McWheelie
oo **** i JUST did that today and here is how it went...... PAIN IN THE ***!
f4i fans dont fit so i wouldnt recommend that, then ALL the hoses line up except that the hoses on the left side, the one that goes into the water pump is a little short for that radiator. besides that, the only other difference is that tab on bottom doesnt line up with the holder thing coming from the engine case.
but if you have the 929 fan and a little extra hose to mess with then go for it but dont use 929 radiators as quick replacements at the lot!
aye ya i forgot about the fan

btw when I tried the 929 fan, it didn't fit either.. It hit the engine before the radiator was lined up with the top bolt holes

I used my f4i radiator, and had to zip tie it on instead of using all the mounting tabs
Old 10-13-2008, 12:01 PM
SquidWheelies.com

what about the 954? will that work?
Old 10-13-2008, 12:04 PM

nags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for rep

Originally Posted by SquidWheelies
what about the 954? will that work?
954 is the same as 929 except for one connection thingy.
Old 10-13-2008, 12:45 PM
N/A

N/A is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by nags
954 is the same as 929 except for one connection thingy.
+1

In regards to the fan though, I just bent the fan tabs a little bit and it cleared... barely, but it cleared.
Old 10-13-2008, 03:32 PM
SquidWheelies.com

lol nags whats different about the connection "thingy" lol i like your high tech terminology
Old 10-13-2008, 03:32 PM

nags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for rep

It either has one extra or one less lol.. I don't remember. You can still use it though
Old 10-14-2008, 01:47 AM
SquidWheelies.com

word. thanks nags. lol hopefully i can make it to an event one of these days so i can you and everyone else again. it's been awhile...