building a private spot

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2008, 03:27 AM

captainrockit9 is a decent person
building a private spot

my friends dad has about 5 acres and his dad said he would put in a long strip and a decent sized lot in the back if we paid for most of it ha..that **** would be badass, how much do yall think it would cost?
Old 10-10-2008, 03:30 AM

skoh will become famous soon enough
Re: building a private spot

a lot

no pun intended
Old 10-10-2008, 03:30 AM

nags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for rep

more than you have.
Old 10-10-2008, 03:31 AM

skoh will become famous soon enough

nags ftw
Old 10-10-2008, 03:33 AM

good thing i'm not paying for most of it
Old 10-10-2008, 03:45 AM
SEAT SPREADER COMBOS

burnoutnut has a spectacular aura aboutburnoutnut has a spectacular aura aboutburnoutnut has a spectacular aura about

let me give you some numbers in ozzie $$$$$

for 50x10 (thats in mtrs) in aussie $$$$

its 97,000 for bitumen
and 10,000 for concrete

thats in aus
Old 10-10-2008, 03:46 AM

Originally Posted by burnoutnut
let me give you some numbers in ozzie $$$$$

for 50x10 (thats in mtrs) in aussie $$$$

its 97,000 for bitumen
and 10,000 for concrete

thats in aus
i'll probably have to google that lol

his dad owns a contracting type business though, its just a thought for right now
Old 10-10-2008, 03:47 AM
Bacons Hot, Need a Spot

cjoec01 has much to be proud ofcjoec01 has much to be proud ofcjoec01 has much to be proud ofcjoec01 has much to be proud ofcjoec01 has much to be proud ofcjoec01 has much to be proud ofcjoec01 has much to be proud ofcjoec01 has much to be proud ofcjoec01 has much to be proud ofcjoec01 has much to be proud of

Draw a picture to scale, measure the square yards, and shop and compare cement, asphalt for that area.
Old 10-10-2008, 04:03 AM

crashtest 750 has a spectacular aura aboutcrashtest 750 has a spectacular aura aboutcrashtest 750 has a spectacular aura about

If you want it done right it will cost more than likely 5-7 grand and that is if you prep the ground yourself and just pay for the concrete. I would start with concrete then in like 5 years put down asphalt, then you should be good for like another 5-7 years.
Make shure you have people that ride the lot sign wavers or all that you are doing won't be worth ****.
Old 10-10-2008, 04:08 AM

alpinestarz98 is a decent person

yea that ***** expensive. I wanted to do that with my dads lot and just to tar the recycled asphalt we have would be around $4 a gallon. And we'd need a lot of it..
Old 10-10-2008, 04:11 AM

k7-600 will become famous soon enough

If his dad is a contractor than he would know... otherwise just call a local construction company with the measurements and ask. Then promote it throughout all your local stunters and have everyone pitch in. Then, whoever pitches in(at least a worthy amount) gets to use it for free, after signing a waiver and whatnot. And charge a small amount for new people when they want to ride, after signing a waiver of course.
Old 10-10-2008, 04:11 AM
Group Moderator

StrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for rep

move to PA... then make a sweet spot lol
Old 10-10-2008, 05:16 AM

yeah thats what we've been brainstorming, there is an old airport strip we used to use but some dumbass looped out there at night by himself and now we can't use it..his house is like 10 minutes from patrick stephens place, we're thinking if its nice enough we might just hit him up to promote it and such, since everybody jocks him hard ha

but i mean, he is sick after all
Old 10-10-2008, 07:20 AM
Wheelie Whore

SxRacer108 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by StrictlyStunt
move to PA... then make a sweet spot lol
+1
Old 10-10-2008, 08:48 AM

cassman is a decent person

i've thought of that same idea, just don't know if you could get enough people to pay to play....
Old 10-10-2008, 08:58 AM

YodaCon is an unknown quantity at this point

To pave a 40x20 piece in my yard it will cost 6,800.00. Thats with me prepping the area and then they come in and level, add the crusher run/crushed aggragate/ and asphalt. I didnt think the cost versus the benifits were bad its just a bit more then I can afford right now. This price was given in August and its the middle cost of 3 estimates, so it should reflect the current market. Getting married in 2 days so it will have to wait.
Old 10-10-2008, 09:18 AM

Unknown_Tom is a splendid one to beholdUnknown_Tom is a splendid one to beholdUnknown_Tom is a splendid one to beholdUnknown_Tom is a splendid one to beholdUnknown_Tom is a splendid one to beholdUnknown_Tom is a splendid one to beholdUnknown_Tom is a splendid one to beholdUnknown_Tom is a splendid one to behold

Cost of asphalt per ton = $60

Calculate L x W x h/12 = cubic feet

Cubic feet x 45 / 2000 = Tons

SO lets say you have a strip that's 80 x 20

You want 4 inches of asphalt

so 90 x 30 x 4/12 = 900

900 x 45 / 2000 = 20.25

And that's just for the asphalt not counting gravel which goes from 15-20 bucks a yard. Plus the equipment to spread it and compact it.

Depending on how big it is I'd say it could cost anywhere from 5-10 grand.

Just my estimate I could be wrong.
Old 10-10-2008, 09:26 AM
†★ King of brake lines ★†

Juca has a brilliant futureJuca has a brilliant futureJuca has a brilliant futureJuca has a brilliant futureJuca has a brilliant futureJuca has a brilliant futureJuca has a brilliant futureJuca has a brilliant futureJuca has a brilliant futureJuca has a brilliant futureJuca has a brilliant future

how much will be the slope surface (for drainage).
Old 10-10-2008, 09:43 AM

Johnf is an unknown quantity at this point

just you and all of your stunt friends move in to a empty grocery store,,, pay rent and ride in doors,,,, set up houseing in the back,, and vent the place well, then to can ride in any weather,,,lol
Old 10-10-2008, 12:48 PM
†★ King of brake lines ★†

Juca has a brilliant futureJuca has a brilliant futureJuca has a brilliant futureJuca has a brilliant futureJuca has a brilliant futureJuca has a brilliant futureJuca has a brilliant futureJuca has a brilliant futureJuca has a brilliant futureJuca has a brilliant futureJuca has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Johnf
just you and all of your stunt friends move in to a empty grocery store,,, pay rent and ride in doors,,,, set up houseing in the back,, and vent the place well, then to can ride in any weather,,,lol
man...indor is ******* niiicccccceeeee you look at your window and you see rain...and you are again happy ,becouse you have indor spot

+100 for your idea...

Quick Reply: building a private spot