building a private spot

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2008, 04:40 AM

Rodman is a decent person
Re: building a private spot

i do aspalt, so i have been thinkn bout that for a while. it really isnt that hard or expensive if u know what ur doin. i got a spot in the country, just dont have the time to get out there and do it.
Old 10-11-2008, 04:47 AM
Stuntride.com

R1wonder is a glorious beacon of lightR1wonder is a glorious beacon of lightR1wonder is a glorious beacon of lightR1wonder is a glorious beacon of lightR1wonder is a glorious beacon of light

you should ask someone who paves for a living. not stunt life!

good luck though. it would be sick if you owned your own stunt spot
Old 10-11-2008, 09:23 AM
soon to be retired

ExtremeAcres is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by BlueGixxer
Local stunt team made a spot aprox 20 ft wide maybe 125 to 150 ft long with a 50 to 60 ft circle at one end . alot of people pitched in with equipment to level and prep thhe area . base and aprox 4 in asphalt looks like 2in corse 2in fine cost alittle over $18K. that was materials only at the begining this past spring.. Hope this helps..
imo...this is the closest to reality yet... only problem is....in imo...THAT's even too small of a lot... I think the lot needs to be 300 or 400 x 100 at least .... and I'd figure $50,000 to put in something decent like that. It wont be long and we'll have a spot like this in TN :YEAH
Old 10-11-2008, 10:56 AM

ZeRo_C0oL is a decent person

Originally Posted by ExtremeAcres
imo...this is the closest to reality yet... only problem is....in imo...THAT's even too small of a lot... I think the lot needs to be 300 or 400 x 100 at least .... and I'd figure $50,000 to put in something decent like that. It wont be long and we'll have a spot like this in TN :YEAH
If you're lookin at spending $50,000+ you might as well build a townhouse or something on the property so you guys can live at your spot :D
Old 10-11-2008, 11:06 AM
da fiddy bitches!!!

50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute

im sure it would be expensive...

but ill definetly come ride on it!
Old 10-11-2008, 07:20 PM

captainrockit9 is a decent person

Originally Posted by 50Outlaw
im sure it would be expensive...

but ill definetly come ride on it!
for sure..i've been meaning to go down to austin, my cousin lives there and used to stunt..but he's gay and gave it up for his turbo busa, he loves going in a straight line for 8 seconds apparently now

it'd be nice to ride with some people down there when i go
Old 10-11-2008, 07:36 PM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

Armenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by captainrockit9
man, somebody needs to PM me about the mexico spot, i need some seat time and some mentors
I'd tell you where it is, BUT its not a spot to bring your bike out to and learn how to 12 at. There have been a few nasty collisions out there between guys doing power wheelies running into OG's.
Old 10-11-2008, 08:27 PM

captainrockit9 is a decent person

Originally Posted by Armenian
I'd tell you where it is, BUT its not a spot to bring your bike out to and learn how to 12 at. There have been a few nasty collisions out there between guys doing power wheelies running into OG's.
ha yeah i understand..i'm past power wheelies but not near 12 yet, out here in south fort worth there aren't really any stunters to ride with and get pointers and ****
Old 10-11-2008, 09:17 PM

WADESEC518 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by BlueGixxer
Local stunt team made a spot aprox 20 ft wide maybe 125 to 150 ft long with a 50 to 60 ft circle at one end . alot of people pitched in with equipment to level and prep thhe area . base and aprox 4 in asphalt looks like 2in corse 2in fine cost alittle over $18K. that was materials only at the begining this past spring.. Hope this helps..

that was us... we dont even hardly use the spot. everyone still preferes to ride industrial parks i would suggest you save your money
Old 10-11-2008, 10:38 PM
da fiddy bitches!!!

50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by captainrockit9
for sure..i've been meaning to go down to austin, my cousin lives there and used to stunt..but he's gay and gave it up for his turbo busa, he loves going in a straight line for 8 seconds apparently now

it'd be nice to ride with some people down there when i go
bring it... apparently im the only person in austin who is willing to ride anymore but im down to ride any weekend.... pm me for my #
Old 10-12-2008, 12:20 AM

y2kmk is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by 50Outlaw
bring it... apparently im the only person in austin who is willing to ride anymore but im down to ride any weekend.... pm me for my #
ya'll come up to dfw and lets kill it!

i'll ride the mexico spot as soon as i get back.. working up here in chicagoland for a few months.
Old 10-12-2008, 02:20 AM
trz
Tank Danglers 4 life

trz is a decent person

yo mexico spot is pretty much a gonner every since couple years ago when the squids hit it up and 1 person died its been a gonner same as Canada.
Old 10-12-2008, 02:55 AM

k7-600 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Johnf
just you and all of your stunt friends move in to a empty grocery store,,, pay rent and ride in doors,,,, set up houseing in the back,, and vent the place well, then to can ride in any weather,,,lol
great idea, especially with the economy, and all the closed down businesses. Just lease it for a year, and get like 6-8 friends. **** might be cheaper than an apartment. You could even start a business distributing stunt products as a store front, and have a stunt park in the back!

Get a group together and start a "business" like an LLC or whatever, where everyone is joint owner, then use the business to start the lease for the building. That way if **** goes down the business can claim bankruptcy and won't really hurt you individually.

No matter what you do or how you do it, make sure there's a **** load of insurance in case anything happens. And sign waivers every time you or someone else rides there.
Old 10-12-2008, 02:55 AM

y2kmk is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by trz
yo mexico spot is pretty much a gonner every since couple years ago when the squids hit it up and 1 person died its been a gonner same as Canada.

bro people ride there every sunday without incident. land owner just asked us to make sure the trash gets picked up when we leave, and nobody drives on the grass.
Old 10-12-2008, 05:16 AM
Livin the nightmare

JoeT. is an unknown quantity at this point

In colorado we went to the airport and found a couple rich airplane owners who rent hangers on the taxiway. They usually take their planes somewhere warm during the winter so they dont have to winterize them. We sign a waiver and offer to help out with rent during the winter months (this time its just me doin the chippin in but i told em i'd give em $150 per month) they pull their plane out and now I have an indoor sound proof practice spot with permission. Pretty cool if you can find someone and it only costs me about $450 for the whole winter.
Old 10-12-2008, 12:18 PM

KANE>NIN is a decent person

thats a good idea im gonna try askin' around at the local airstrip
Old 10-12-2008, 12:23 PM
CA STUNTER

big ben is a decent person

i got a hookup, whos my sponsor, at a dragway locally, i do shows in between dragraces and imn exchange i get to stunt for free on sat. its a good deal
Old 10-12-2008, 12:32 PM
da fiddy bitches!!!

Originally Posted by big ben
i got a hookup, whos my sponsor, at a dragway locally, i do shows in between dragraces and imn exchange i get to stunt for free on sat. its a good deal
shut up....
Old 10-12-2008, 01:38 PM
**** YOU

anarchist35 is an unknown quantity at this point

Lol!!! ^^^^
Old 10-12-2008, 02:05 PM
What happened to my blox?

stock05 is infamous around these parts

Originally Posted by anarchist35
Lol!!! ^^^^