Has Anyone Fought A Speeding Ticket

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2008, 12:04 AM

eckdawg5 is a decent person
Re: Has Anyone Fought A Speeding Ticket

Originally Posted by Nate-VMC
asking a board of stuntriders if they have ever fought a speeding ticket is like asking Martha Stewart if she's ever baked a ******* muffin.
yeah but as soon as you read it you told yourself one or the other
"i've fought a ticket, maybe i can give him some info" or
"i've fought a ticket...**** that dude...i hope he gets the book thrown at him"
Old 10-10-2008, 12:56 AM

Trachito has a brilliant futureTrachito has a brilliant futureTrachito has a brilliant futureTrachito has a brilliant futureTrachito has a brilliant futureTrachito has a brilliant futureTrachito has a brilliant futureTrachito has a brilliant futureTrachito has a brilliant futureTrachito has a brilliant futureTrachito has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by ~Lynn~
he's just a big puppy
white trash is what he is
Old 10-10-2008, 01:23 AM

cojack42o is a decent person

Always fight it! I fukd up and just paid my ticket off online. Than I find out there's a point on my record for speeding because I didn't fight the ticket to take traffic school. I later complain and tell them that there wasn't an option online to sign up for traffic school after i paid for the ticket. So they scheduled me a court date thats in 2 months from now to fight for traffic school so i could get rid of that point on my record.
Old 10-10-2008, 01:52 AM

sdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of light

i fight every ticket that i get. im currently on a roll of 5 tickets beat in the last year including 2 reckless driving tickets. i dont use lawyers cuz theyre all ****** crooks and they dont do **** for you that you can do yourself. i dont accept bullshit plea deals. your first mistake was giving up information when you got pulled over, never say anything to them. if they ask you a dumb question theyre just trying to get you to incriminate yourself. first thing you want to do when you go to court is make a request for a supporting deposition. its a written account from the officer of what happend and explaining why he charged u with what he charged u with. they have 30 days to provide that to you and most of the time they fail to do so. in that case when you return to court and they havent gotten you your supporting depostion you make a motion to dismiss the case based on them withholding evidence pertinant to your defense. if they do happen to get you one, then you still have a good chance the cop wont show up for court. keep delaying **** as much as you can. then when you go to trial, if the cop isnt there make a motion to dismiss, if they try and refuse, let the judge know that he's violating your right to a speedy trial. if the cop does show up, question him about every thing. ask him what you were wearing, and all sorts of little details that he'll prob forget and make him look like he doesnt remember ****. just dont sound insulting. the points about the radar that other ppl made are dead on, so question him about that ****. worst case scenario, you lose and pay the fine anyway. if you hire a lawyer you pay him plus a jacked up fine for getting you a plea deal. in case you guys dont know that, when they reduce your charge/points they up your fine. id rather pay a lower fine personally.
Old 10-10-2008, 12:29 PM

eckdawg5 is a decent person

thanks SDF...so i went in today and the sheriff's department doesn't document (supporting desposition) unless it's an accident. would you think that would help in court or **** me because it's my word against his. The clerks were really helpful in giving advice to beat it, but they suggested to plea with the prosecutor because madison county hardly overrules an infraction(Also, it's my luck that the officer that pulled me over is the staff sargeant for the sheriff's department and they said he's a ***** and will show up) so i meet with the prosecutor in november but until then i have some time to do more research. thanks for those who've provided tips because it'll surely help
Old 10-10-2008, 02:16 PM

dragone is a decent person

Might help...

http://www.wikihow.com/Fight-a-Traffic-Ticket
Old 10-10-2008, 07:22 PM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

E RacK can only hope to improve

3. Follow one of the two theories regarding how you question the officer.
  • Adopt the 'low-profile' technique. Ask the officer if you can handle the ticket by mail. The officer will immediately see you as a low probability to go to court and may take fewer notes. When you do challenge the ticket, the officer's sparse notes will make him want to skip the hearing. Even if he does come to the hearing, his sparse notes and memory will help the judge decide in your favor. Questioning the officer on the other hand will cause him to write voluminous notes on the traffic stop.
NEVER, AND I REPEAT... NEVER ASK THE OFFICER ABOUT ANYTHING BY MAIL IN HANDLING THE TICKET. THEY ARENT STUPID ANYMORE AND KNOW UR PROB GONNA TRY TO FIGHT IT BY WRITTEN DECLARATION AND THATS Y U WANT THE INFO, SO THEY'LL BLAST OFF ON THE NOTES n *** YOU OVER!!!!!

my opinion is dont deny or admit anything! if ur gonna ask about the ticket n know ur gonna try to do written declaration just ask how long it takes to come in the mail and if you can pay it over the internet! leave the other shat out!

Last edited by E RacK; 10-10-2008 at 08:18 PM.
Old 10-10-2008, 07:23 PM

Tucker R6! is a splendid one to beholdTucker R6! is a splendid one to beholdTucker R6! is a splendid one to beholdTucker R6! is a splendid one to beholdTucker R6! is a splendid one to beholdTucker R6! is a splendid one to beholdTucker R6! is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by E RacK
3. Follow one of the two theories regarding how you question the officer.
  • Adopt the 'low-profile' technique. Ask the officer if you can handle the ticket by mail. The officer will immediately see you as a low probability to go to court and may take fewer notes. When you do challenge the ticket, the officer's sparse notes will make him want to skip the hearing. Even if he does come to the hearing, his sparse notes and memory will help the judge decide in your favor. Questioning the officer on the other hand will cause him to write voluminous notes on the traffic stop.
NEVER, AND I REPEAT... NEVER ASK THE OFFICER ABOUT ANYTHING BY MAIL IN HANDLING THE TICKET. THEY ARENT STUPID ANYMORE AND KNOW UR PROB GONNA TRY TO FIGHT IT BY WRITTEN DECLARATION AND THATS Y U WANT THE INFO SO THEY CAN BLAST OFF ON THE NOTES TO *** YOU OVER!!!!!

my opinion is dont deny or admit anything! if ur gonna ask about the ticket n know ur gonna try to do written declaration just ask how long it takes to come in the mail and if you can pay it over the internet! leave the other shat out!

wow
Old 10-10-2008, 07:29 PM
**** yo couch!!

Nasty nate! is a jewel in the roughNasty nate! is a jewel in the roughNasty nate! is a jewel in the roughNasty nate! is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Nate-VMC
asking a board of stuntriders if they have ever fought a speeding ticket is like asking Martha Stewart if she's ever baked a ******* muffin.

lmaooo
Old 10-10-2008, 08:31 PM

DIRTYJEFF636s is a decent person

sorry but ur fucked....read my tattoo
Old 10-10-2008, 09:03 PM

stevestunt is an unknown quantity at this point

i fight everything, sometimes you get lucky and they dont show and sometimes you can talk them into giving you something a little less survier.
anyway ide fight everything and anything cant make it any worse
Old 10-10-2008, 10:37 PM
Docs GLOCK 17

merdock21 is a decent person

Originally Posted by stevestunt
i fight everything, sometimes you get lucky and they dont show and sometimes you can talk them into giving you something a little less survier.
anyway ide fight everything and anything cant make it any worse

Fight that **** till the end!!!!
Old 10-10-2008, 11:35 PM
Lick Dry Ice !

BlueGixxer is a decent person

Lawyers in my area are $250 per ticket , unless your doing mach 2 in a 55 zone. Thats a missdemeaner or something ,atomatic license loss for 6 month and about $500 for the lawyer to get you out of it.It might sound like alot but in NY DMV has drivers assesment fines for points after the court bones you for court cost and fines. But a lawyer can usually get you down to something with no points ( wich means no assesment fine from DMV) and somewhere around a $100 court cost , and your ins company won't find out. remember always pay ins. on time so not to throw a red flag..and they won't run a DMV check . Thats a little something they teach you in DUI classes.. and it works Good luck !!