What hand brake master is the best?

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2008, 10:10 AM
Docs GLOCK 17

merdock21 is a decent person
What hand brake master is the best?

I need to know what the best master lever for my hand brake is...ive heard 16x20 brembo is one of the best...i have a nissin and the master is long as f@#k so it causes my hand and foot to be hella stiff! I also thought about goin with the full throttle nissin...

what should i get?
Old 10-08-2008, 10:14 AM

PETe P is a decent person
Re: What hand brake master is the best?

Originally Posted by merdock21
I need to know what the best master lever for my hand brake is...ive heard 16x20 brembo is one of the best...i have a nissin and the master is long as f@#k so it causes my hand and foot to be hella stiff! I also thought about goin with the full throttle nissin...

what should i get?
well most of the top guys go with the brembo. i just got a nissin radial and it's pretty nice. just havin the issue of mad pressure with not so good braking power. but i'm using the full throttle billit block. How is your braking power?
Old 10-08-2008, 11:58 AM
use code "handy" 4 magura

stuntsteel is a decent person

Here is an article that may help ya....

What is a handbrake, and why do I need one? 12/03/07 11:25
In the world of stuntbike riding, a handbrake is essential to perform certain tricks where your foot can not reach the stock foot brake. For example, if your riding a high chair wheelie, you must have control over your back brake to prevent from flipping over backwards. The basic setup is as follows:

You have a handbrake mounted on the left side (clutch side) of your bike. It will have its own fluid reservoir and separate brake line. You may also need a new banjo bolt for installing a new brake line. The routing of your brake line to your foot brake is also very important. You must route the line to allow for a full turning radius, but also out of the way of hot engine parts, kinking, or interfering with you the rider. Now, that brings us to the foot brake. You must install a junction valve by GP TECH into your foot master cylinder. This allows you to tap into your stock rear braking system. There are two styles of junction valves, a tear drop shape or a circular shape, choose the style that will fit your foot master. After your junction valve is installed, you can attach your brake line from the hand brake to your junction valve. You will need another banjo bolt with washers. Last you must add Dot 4 or 5 brake fluid to your new hand brake master, and proceed to bleed your new hand brake system.

Selecting the right master cylinder for your bike:
16x18 Example
Let take the 16x18 as an example. The first value which is 16 represents the diameter or bore of the cylinder in millimeters The second value which is 18, represents the distance between the lever’s pivot point and the plunger that pushes into the cylinder
What Do These Numbers Really Mean?
1.)Cylinder diameter (The 16)
a.As you increase your cylinder diameter you increase the volume of fluid. By doing this, you are decreasing the pressure which results in less braking power but better feel.
b.The trade off is that since your increasing the sensitivity of the lever your decreasing the braking power which we will now discuss in the 2nd number
2.)Pivot Point (The 18)
a.As you increase the pivot point, the sensitivity is increasing but your breaking power is now decreasing.
b.By increasing this number, the pivot point is larger and now you have reduced your leverage for braking power thus reducing your breaking power

So this means if your rear brake is a single caliper, you need a small bore hand brake. If you have a larger piston set up, 2, 3 or more for your rear brake you need a larger bore hand brake.

There are many different brands of hand brakes. One of the most popular are the brembo 16x18’s which give a really good feel for brake control. You also have Magura which are a bit more expensive but also a very nice brake.

NOW THERE IS STILL ONE MORE SYSTEM…..
HoHey Designs makes a dual brake caliper bracket. What this does is allow you to run a completely isolated rear brake system, straight from your hand brake, eliminating the use of a junction valve. The bracket mounts to the stock rear brake bracket position, but allows for the use of 2 calipers not one like a stock bike. So you will need an extra long brake line to route to the new caliper.

So, now that you are educated about hand brake systems, you can proceed to StuntSteel.com to purchase your new system.

Thank you for learning,
StuntSteel Team

P- (484) 494-3136
Old 10-08-2008, 02:01 PM
Mr. Sexy! AdrenalineBoyz

AdrenalineBoyz is a decent person

its more simple than a paragraph of reading...magura...hoheydesigns.com
Old 10-08-2008, 02:02 PM
I Chose to No Longer Post

Ryan S is a decent person

05 gsxr 1k master....best i've used....but i think all my brembo's were frembo's....
Old 10-08-2008, 02:08 PM
STUNT SYNDICATE

ogsuperman is an unknown quantity at this point

i use a brembo 16x18 and hohey bracket with single piston caliper now and its sick!!!
mad feal and grab and the brembo is so tuneable it incredible!! i love it!!!

i did buy the extra bracket to convert my hohey to a daul piston rear caliper, when the caliper comes in next week ill let ya know how it feals,but you cant go wrong with brembo and hohey!!!!!!

having no brake fade from hand to pedal is gangsta fo sho!!!!!:YEAH
Old 10-08-2008, 02:11 PM
STUNT SYNDICATE

Originally Posted by Ryan S
05 gsxr 1k master....best i've used....but i think all my brembo's were frembo's....
damn frembo's on ebay got alot of people!! lol

your riding shows you have no issues with your setup!!
Old 10-08-2008, 02:15 PM
STUNT SYNDICATE

Originally Posted by Ryan S
damn frembo's
Old 10-08-2008, 02:57 PM
Soup Mafia

Ethiopian is a splendid one to beholdEthiopian is a splendid one to beholdEthiopian is a splendid one to beholdEthiopian is a splendid one to beholdEthiopian is a splendid one to beholdEthiopian is a splendid one to beholdEthiopian is a splendid one to behold

1000rr front brake master+ hohey 4 piston =
Old 10-08-2008, 03:18 PM

chadnine is a decent person

Originally Posted by AdrenalineBoyz
its more simple than a paragraph of reading...magura...hoheydesigns.com
PLUS 1
Old 10-08-2008, 03:34 PM

PETe P is a decent person

Originally Posted by Ethiopian
1000rr front brake master+ hohey 4 piston =
isn't the 1000rr front master a nissin?
Old 10-08-2008, 03:48 PM
IDLE WHORE

JOHN J has a spectacular aura aboutJOHN J has a spectacular aura about

1000rr clutch master :YEAH works just fine for me
Old 10-08-2008, 05:54 PM
UDOWN?

I <3 wheelies is a decent person

16x18 brembo raceing with a hohey dual caliper setup (2 piston) or a stock r1 front brake master from and 05 to present or r6 high rev with the new hohey streetfighter mount (4 piston)...................if you can bget the streetfighter setup for you bike def get the r1 master its way cheaper like $175 and the brembo raceing one is to much with the 4 piston front brake style caliper
Old 10-08-2008, 05:57 PM
Call the Coast Guard!

LRMzx636 is an unknown quantity at this point

I like my Frembo but if I had to buy another I would probably go with Magura. I just put on the 19mm for the front brake, rode a few endos down the hood and it feels amazing :D
Old 10-08-2008, 05:59 PM
UDOWN?

I <3 wheelies is a decent person

Originally Posted by ogsuperman
i use a brembo 16x18 and hohey bracket with single piston caliper now and its sick!!!
mad feal and grab and the brembo is so tuneable it incredible!! i love it!!!

i did buy the extra bracket to convert my hohey to a daul piston rear caliper, when the caliper comes in next week ill let ya know how it feals,but you cant go wrong with brembo and hohey!!!!!!

having no brake fade from hand to pedal is gangsta fo sho!!!!!:YEAH

with the 4 piston you tend to stall out alot more kinda feels like your rideing with no idle , i swear a pinky can lock the rear...mana had it and he just put a stock r1 master off an 07 and he says its the best setup hes ever run
Old 10-08-2008, 06:03 PM

YSRRider is just really niceYSRRider is just really niceYSRRider is just really niceYSRRider is just really niceYSRRider is just really nice

what bike? what setup?????????????

I had an FTI adapter on my F4i with 3 different masters and it sucked!!!

put it on my buddies 04 GSXR 6 with a nissin left bar master, same as used for a clutch on a ZX7R and its almost as good as my HoHey 4piston with GSXR1K master. Awesome power and the lever feels good, its not spongy and its not rock hard like it was on my F4i.
Old 10-08-2008, 06:37 PM
Docs GLOCK 17

merdock21 is a decent person

My braking power is ok if i 4 finger the b!tch but as far as one finger goes most of the time im doin slow SS i scrape when i dont want to so it wont lock enough to bring me back forward...
Old 10-08-2008, 06:41 PM
squid hunter

Trick is a splendid one to beholdTrick is a splendid one to beholdTrick is a splendid one to beholdTrick is a splendid one to beholdTrick is a splendid one to beholdTrick is a splendid one to beholdTrick is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by YSRRider
what bike? what setup?????????????

I had an FTI adapter on my F4i with 3 different masters and it sucked!!!

put it on my buddies 04 GSXR 6 with a nissin left bar master, same as used for a clutch on a ZX7R and its almost as good as my HoHey 4piston with GSXR1K master. Awesome power and the lever feels good, its not spongy and its not rock hard like it was on my F4i.
what the **** do you know about handbrakes?

your a dirty squid go back to the lot with your ugly *** bike and do stagerd fallovers clown!