pilot powers!? input!

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2008, 07:06 PM
www.GSENick.com

GSE Nick is a decent person
pilot powers!? input!

yeah i just recently started rolling stoppies this year and ive had an metzler M3 which i loved! well i wore it out and i just put the pilot power on today and im scared shitless. im rolling half the distance!!!

heres my prob. every time i yank it up the tire screeches like its sliding? i tried all different air pressure and its the same! so everytime i pull it up i think the tires giving and i let off a little which is killing me! **** just dosnt sit well with me? like so how would i know if it really was gonna slide out cause it makes the same noise just about!

anyone else get this?

i think i may have to go get an m3 again....anyone want a mint powers front tire for cheap lol
Old 10-05-2008, 07:11 PM

00wheelie is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: pilot powers!? input!

Try running some sand paper over the tire to get the grease coat off. I love the pilot power. Up here in mass i roll endo in 10 degree weather just let the tire warm up and it does lock up at all.

Its kinda like the texas belt buckle you need to clean it up before you bring it out!! haha
Old 10-05-2008, 07:24 PM
bp chaser

MikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for rep

brand new?
Old 10-05-2008, 07:31 PM
www.GSENick.com

Originally Posted by MikeM
brand new?
i took it off another bike not brand new like still nubbies on it but yeah its pretty mint! cant be that old
Old 10-05-2008, 07:36 PM

M-One is an unknown quantity at this point

the only tires I run never had that problem....

if you want to sell let me know Ill buy them.
Old 10-05-2008, 07:37 PM
STUNTRIDE FRONTLINE

-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of

Power Race
You can roll em' through sand.
Old 10-05-2008, 08:15 PM

**D** is a decent person

If you don't like the tyre and "the tyre" is holding you back then go back to what you know works for you.
Old 10-05-2008, 09:40 PM
unemployment anonymous

wheelburns is a jewel in the roughwheelburns is a jewel in the roughwheelburns is a jewel in the roughwheelburns is a jewel in the rough

they do make alot of noise when u put down a wheelie and its not striaght it will howl.

the pilot power is the best tire on the market IMHO i always run them on the front.

how clean is the surface your riding on? i never had issue with mine could lift them up anywhere in any conditions sandy dirty cold wet.

try running the bike spec for air in the front, the less air the more likely its gunna make noise
Old 10-05-2008, 09:49 PM
kj

kj is an unknown quantity at this point

Powers are WAAAAAAAAAAY better than M3's.

I swapped over to M3's last summer..... took the tire off a week later. Powers stick like glue on the front. You just need to break it in.
Old 10-05-2008, 10:04 PM

phxRRkid will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by **D**
If you don't like the tyre and "the tyre" is holding you back then go back to what you know works for you.
+1. Stick to what you know best.
Old 10-05-2008, 10:24 PM
Custom User Title

______ is a decent person

I had the pilot powers... I dont like them a little bit
Old 10-05-2008, 10:28 PM
Stunt Joe Mafia

spencerh600rr is a decent person

pilot power road is what i run and they are for sure the best tire i think i have ever had on my bike. it seems like there is no warm up time at all and it never screeches out on me!!
Old 10-05-2008, 11:12 PM

ruthlessriding is a decent person

powers are all i run
Old 10-06-2008, 12:30 AM
Squid Standers. Get Owned

CRA$H AZ is a decent person

Originally Posted by Kelm
Do you have a Pilot Power 2CT? Mine did an obnioxus screech when I first yanked em up.... but about three long weeks of breaking it in, it rolled smoother than any dunlop, etc ive tried.

It's gonna keep doing it till you I guess make a little bit of a flat spot, I don't honestly know what it is but good luck

thats what i have.....its a lengthy break in process....and pressure needs to be right....not too low i'd say @ 30......but after that best tire money can buy IMO
Old 10-06-2008, 12:32 AM
Stuntride.com

R1wonder is a glorious beacon of lightR1wonder is a glorious beacon of lightR1wonder is a glorious beacon of lightR1wonder is a glorious beacon of lightR1wonder is a glorious beacon of light

i love my PP's
Old 10-06-2008, 04:46 PM
www.GSENick.com

im gonna go out this week and try and break it in with a million stoppies. i let yas know how i make out.

theres no other veritable to why its doing this besides the tire....same stunt spot same line. just dont get it. heres a clip with the m3...300 ft approach coming in at top of 2nd gear... the m3 never gave out except for when its down poring rain out lol. ill try and get a clip up of the powers when my camera guy comes down this week

http://myspacetv.com/index.cfm?fusea...deoid=44038089
Old 10-06-2008, 05:06 PM

**D** is a decent person

Originally Posted by GSE Nick
im gonna go out this week and try and break it in with a million stoppies. i let yas know how i make out.

theres no other veritable to why its doing this besides the tire....same stunt spot same line. just dont get it. heres a clip with the m3...300 ft approach coming in at top of 2nd gear... the m3 never gave out except for when its down poring rain out lol. ill try and get a clip up of the powers when my camera guy comes down this week

http://myspacetv.com/index.cfm?fusea...deoid=44038089

Then change your dam tyre?!?!?! Problem solved... I don't see the problem here
Old 10-06-2008, 07:10 PM
UDOWN?

I <3 wheelies is a decent person

sounds like its a lil bit mental to me...powers are the ****...the best all around set up i think is a 2ct up front and the o.q powers in the rear...i dont like running the 2ct in the rear cuz it shred to fast drifting and also it tend to grab more when you chop the throttle ina drift..the o.g powers is just right
Old 10-06-2008, 08:19 PM
takingitbacktotheoldskool

RROCCO will become famous soon enoughRROCCO will become famous soon enough

ive got 2ct's on my 636. they squeeled under hard braking and stoppies till i broke em in. im not rolling out stoppies though. i dont like em for everyday riding cuz theyre bouncey as hell. its not a comfortable ride.

Quick Reply: pilot powers!? input!