pilot powers!? input!

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2008, 10:58 PM

jasonpayne123 is a decent person
Re: pilot powers!? input!

Originally Posted by GSE Nick
im gonna go out this week and try and break it in with a million stoppies. i let yas know how i make out.

theres no other veritable to why its doing this besides the tire....same stunt spot same line. just dont get it. heres a clip with the m3...300 ft approach coming in at top of 2nd gear... the m3 never gave out except for when its down poring rain out lol. ill try and get a clip up of the powers when my camera guy comes down this week

http://myspacetv.com/index.cfm?fusea...deoid=44038089
go back to the m3. you completely answered your own question. I will only run the m3s on my front. Im rolling stoppies out bout 350ft and the m3 is the only tire i trust locking up at 90mph. Ive thought about switching too but its worked so well I just cant do it. Old sayin "if it aint broke dont fix it" The only one i would consider it some maxxis tire i seen this weekend, guy rode the bike out of his trailer and straight to 100+ stoppie no warm up. M3 are gangster tho, and your right bout the rain. best tire in the world until they get wet. bout how often you find your self with the urge to go roll a stoppie when its raining outside????
Old 10-06-2008, 11:07 PM
UDOWN?

I <3 wheelies is a decent person

dont change it back whatever you do......im not talkin **** about m3's but put it this way every mag/website/article says 2cts are alot better them m3 under hard braking and stoping, but if you want further proof just go to a shop and dig your thumbnail into the center of an m3 then a 2ct and you'll feel the differance....and i do agree with the if it ant broke dont fix it but to a point... if you were racing f1 cars in a suped up honda civic and you were keeping up with everyones lap times, if someone offered you an f1 car would yousay no and keep the civic because thats what you were used to or it felt weird the firs ttime you drove it, get my point? the m3's are great but 2ct's are way better

Last edited by I <3 wheelies; 10-06-2008 at 11:13 PM.
Old 10-06-2008, 11:16 PM

jasonpayne123 is a decent person

Originally Posted by I <3 wheelies
dont change it back whatever you do......im not talkin **** about m3's but put it this way every mag/website/article says 2cts are alot better them m3 under hard braking and stoping, but if you want further proof just go to a shop and dig your thumbnail into the center of an m3 then a 2ct and you'll feel the differance....and i do agree with the if it ant broke dont fix it but to a point... if you were racing f1 cars in a suped up honda civic and you were keeping up with everyones lap times whats gonna happen when you get an actual f1 car?? get my point? the m3's are great but 2ct's are way better
thats whats up. If he was rolling 300 on m3 and 150 on 2cts then go back to m3s. Everybody has a preference of what they like. I try not to tell ppl how to set their bike up bc what i may like is not what you may like. All i can give you is my preferance. Best way is trial and error. learning sucks but who sd it was fun?
Old 10-06-2008, 11:59 PM

jbstunts is a decent person

Originally Posted by jasonpayne123
thats whats up. If he was rolling 300 on m3 and 150 on 2cts then go back to m3s. Everybody has a preference of what they like. I try not to tell ppl how to set their bike up bc what i may like is not what you may like. All i can give you is my preferance. Best way is trial and error. learning sucks but who sd it was fun?
you are tellin him to go back to the 90 year old grandma when he has a 18 year old hot bitch figuratively speaking the pilot is THE grippiest street tire available hands down and if u dont belive my stoppie game is up to par ask jason here if my stoppies are good
Old 10-07-2008, 12:32 AM

**D** is a decent person

So there ya go dude... Its pretty much the best tyre you can get, so stop askin about it and go break that sucker in!!!!!
Old 10-07-2008, 04:20 PM
www.GSENick.com

GSE Nick is a decent person

yeah im gonna give it a week and see what happens. i know pilots are the ****. but im just saying i hate that noise haha. if i decide to go back ill be selling this ****! lol
Old 10-07-2008, 04:26 PM
Brap

T-Dubby is a jewel in the roughT-Dubby is a jewel in the roughT-Dubby is a jewel in the roughT-Dubby is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by CRA$H AZ
thats what i have.....its a lengthy break in process....and pressure needs to be right....not too low i'd say @ 30......but after that best tire money can buy IMO
You have that on your front? P BTW all i've used since moving here is Pilot on the front till i got this new bike that came with a diablo supercorsa which I say is pretty damn good tire..
Old 10-07-2008, 04:37 PM
Stuntride.com

R1wonder is a glorious beacon of lightR1wonder is a glorious beacon of lightR1wonder is a glorious beacon of lightR1wonder is a glorious beacon of lightR1wonder is a glorious beacon of light

well your stoppies are def good. break the tire in a bit more maybe? i dont have a problem with them but your stoppies are about 250 feel longer than mine
Old 10-07-2008, 07:42 PM
Squid Standers. Get Owned

CRA$H AZ is a decent person

Originally Posted by T-Dubby
You have that on your front? P BTW all i've used since moving here is Pilot on the front till i got this new bike that came with a diablo supercorsa which I say is pretty damn good tire..
yessss
Old 10-07-2008, 10:28 PM
kj

kj is an unknown quantity at this point

Prefferences are one thing.... reality is another.

M3's are OK. Not good.... just OK. I've run them a couple times and after going back to powers I would never mount an m3 up to my front rim unless I was planning on selling it.

Pilot Powers are one of THE BEST fronts for hooking up stoppies... warmed up OR COLD. Try picking up a high speed stoppie November-March (up north) with an m3 and let me know when you get outta the hospital.

Only one that I can think of that might be better up front is a blue dot SC1 Supercorsa. ($250+ tire).
Old 10-07-2008, 10:37 PM
kj

kj is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey Nick....

Check the DOT build date on your tire. It's a 4 digit number on the sidewall... something like: 4207

Just an idea, but maybe you have an old, hardened up tire. The 1st two numbers are the week and the second are the year that the tire was manufactured.

Example: 4207 would be the 42nd week in 2007.

If a tire sits around for a long time, especially in direct sunlight, heat or near any electric motors (ozone exposure), it will prematurely cure and harden.

I can't think of any other explaination to your problem w/ the powers on the front. I've never never never EVER had one squeal, slide, or wash out unless it's wet, sandy or very cold out and not warmed up.
Old 10-07-2008, 10:46 PM

jbstunts is a decent person

Originally Posted by kj
Prefferences are one thing.... reality is another.

M3's are OK. Not good.... just OK. I've run them a couple times and after going back to powers I would never mount an m3 up to my front rim unless I was planning on selling it.

Pilot Powers are one of THE BEST fronts for hooking up stoppies... warmed up OR COLD. Try picking up a high speed stoppie November-March (up north) with an m3 and let me know when you get outta the hospital.

Only one that I can think of that might be better up front is a blue dot SC1 Supercorsa. ($250+ tire).
funniest and most truthful post all da, call me when u get outa the hospital :YEAH
Old 10-08-2008, 03:57 PM
www.GSENick.com

GSE Nick is a decent person

Originally Posted by kj
Hey Nick....

Check the DOT build date on your tire. It's a 4 digit number on the sidewall... something like: 4207

Just an idea, but maybe you have an old, hardened up tire. The 1st two numbers are the week and the second are the year that the tire was manufactured.

Example: 4207 would be the 42nd week in 2007.

If a tire sits around for a long time, especially in direct sunlight, heat or near any electric motors (ozone exposure), it will prematurely cure and harden.

I can't think of any other explaination to your problem w/ the powers on the front. I've never never never EVER had one squeal, slide, or wash out unless it's wet, sandy or very cold out and not warmed up.

word son! im gonna go check!
Old 10-08-2008, 04:08 PM

nags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for rep

I just recently put a brand new PP on my front.. Brand new with stickers and all.. trailiered it to the spot.. Rode to the end and back one time and then yanked up a stoppie just as fast as normal and no hint of a screech

Did a ton of stoppies in the pouring rain that night too.