The New Wheelie Law, Impropper Tag Placement, And Excessive Speed Laws!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2008, 03:13 AM
Group Moderator

StrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for rep
Re: The New Wheelie Law, Impropper Tag Placement, And Excessive Speed Laws!!!

Originally Posted by R1Wonder
all i know is if you live in florida you should all set up a major stunt ride like ROC - HBC 518 ride. etc etc..

show them ******* whose boss
that would be awesome
Old 10-05-2008, 04:17 AM

gsxr"d is a decent person

Originally Posted by StrictlyStunt
that would be awesome
Till the rock ape cops start shooting at your tyres!
Old 10-05-2008, 05:18 AM
Bacons Hot, Need a Spot

cjoec01 has much to be proud ofcjoec01 has much to be proud ofcjoec01 has much to be proud ofcjoec01 has much to be proud ofcjoec01 has much to be proud ofcjoec01 has much to be proud ofcjoec01 has much to be proud ofcjoec01 has much to be proud ofcjoec01 has much to be proud ofcjoec01 has much to be proud of

Picture this: Your in jail/prison, couple guys blah,blah I killed a guy, I got caught with a kilo of yeh, oh me my license plate wasn't mounted properly, BS.
Old 10-05-2008, 05:22 AM

k7-600 will become famous soon enough

I'm down with a big state-long ride! Let's call it Florida's Ride of Terror and put all the other annuals to shame! haha
Old 10-05-2008, 05:23 AM

^^ Lol
Old 10-05-2008, 05:51 AM

Ok, what's considered improper tag placement? More specifically, my tag is an aftermarket fender eliminator, that bolts right in where the fender was, it's just not bigger than the license plate itself. It makes the tag sit right under by brake lights as far back and as high as possible. There is a slight lean to it, but the only way you wouldn't be able to make out the numbers/letters(assuming you're close enough to read them) is if you're sitting on the ground. Any normal height automobile(all cop vehicles) will not have an issue reading it.

And secondly, does not having a tag light fall under this same law? Can my brake light be considered for a tag light? It does a pretty good job of lighting up the tag on it's own.
Old 10-05-2008, 06:06 AM

blackwater611 is a decent person

Originally Posted by k7-600
Ok, what's considered improper tag placement? More specifically, my tag is an aftermarket fender eliminator, that bolts right in where the fender was, it's just not bigger than the license plate itself. It makes the tag sit right under by brake lights as far back and as high as possible. There is a slight lean to it, but the only way you wouldn't be able to make out the numbers/letters(assuming you're close enough to read them) is if you're sitting on the ground. Any normal height automobile(all cop vehicles) will not have an issue reading it.

And secondly, does not having a tag light fall under this same law? Can my brake light be considered for a tag light? It does a pretty good job of lighting up the tag on it's own.
Ok...first the inproper tag placement is kinda a judgement call. when I was in the academy they pretty much told us the law went as such...Anything that is after market or tampered with by the owner that will make the tag less visible from the orginal design but really the law is for people that run and tuck there plates so they can run tolls and so they can't be read when a cop gets behind you...as long as a cop thinks you are not trying to hide it then you should be fine...But again it kinda a judgement call. Which sucks!!!! So you might want to watch what you say if you decide to pull over. Second a brake light is not considered a tag light but does not fall under the inproper tag law...It is something else I will look it up and get back to you...
Old 10-05-2008, 06:27 AM

I think there's a specific citation for tag lights, lesser fine, may even be a fix-it ticket, where it would need to be corrected within a set amount of time.
Old 10-05-2008, 10:52 AM

ruthlessriding is a decent person

good luck getting a permit to stunt in florida. this state is so ******* backwards.

here's bullshit for you. my boy was riding down a local state road. some chick blew a stop sign. plowed him and killed him. he was a beginning ride following all the rules. he left a wife and two young kids behind.

what did she get for killing someone... a $75 ticket

thats the bullshit here in florida. law enforcement is so biases.

same deal with me, i had a dodge ram pull out in front of me. i t-boned him and was all fucked up. and i got ticketed. they said i was passing on the right. even though i was turning right in about 100 feet. i said does he get a ticket. the cop said what for. i said how about failure to yield. he said its not his problem to look out for you.

i almost punched the dick
Old 10-05-2008, 11:02 AM
Wheelie Whore

SxRacer108 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by zride
basically one off the hook with a heavy penalty. Second time they take the liscense for a year, then ten years the third.

Its not that bad and seeing how core stunters are now promoting keeping the stunting in a lot or other sanctioned areas, this should not be that big a deal. If you get caught and dont learn your lesson after the first time I guess its only fair the punishment go up. People cant be riding around illegally just cause they are on a motorcycle. what needs to happen is more focus on opening legit "stunt" parks in states all over the country. Just like a moto track...but for freestyle street stunting. I only wish.. that way we can ride, practice, and have no worries about cops. Pay a daily fee or annual membership fee. Thats how a local track does it....

Dont know why the city would have any problems giving permits for it either. Promote it has a way to keep the stunting off the streets, a place that has a safe enviroment for freestyle riding. Only thing would be weeding out the power wheelie busa squids and keep it safe for the people really trying to learn stunt riding with proper equipment, bikes, gear. who knows though

yeah i guess the law does blow seeing if they come to the lot and hand out those violations....errr that would suck!

+1 I am actually in the process of seeing what insurance policy's, what zoning, noise laws, etc.. are needed for that..Ive had my eye on an old abandoned warehouse for awhile...great location off the highway and the warehouse is even big enough for indoor riding on rainy days :-D, or like a indoor fiddy track or somethin... haha we'll see how it goes:YEAH
Old 10-05-2008, 11:02 AM

SCOTT_Chychul has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Start finding out who the councel members are and start visiting their homes with baseball bats.
Old 10-05-2008, 11:12 AM

cassman is a decent person

just be a matter of time til that **** is nationwide....sshhityy
Old 10-05-2008, 01:38 PM

**D** is a decent person

Originally Posted by R1Wonder
all i know is if you live in florida you should all set up a major stunt ride like ROC - HBC 518 ride. etc etc..

show them ******* whose boss
Hell ya!! I would make dam sure I made it to evey one.....
Old 10-05-2008, 02:48 PM

I think that would ******* rock!!!!:YEAH I wonder how many guys we could get to do this ride....I'm up for it
Old 10-05-2008, 03:22 PM

**D** is a decent person

Originally Posted by cassman
just be a matter of time til that **** is nationwide....sshhityy
True story... I think they're gonna realize how many people are gonna start caring even less about the police and things are gonna get really bad. Then they're either gonna let up on us and help us with places to ride or start gettin drastic and violent (gun shots to those who run) This stuff is getting just stupid.. I mean they build race tracks for those speed freaks, skate parks for those who skate, whats the hell is so wrong about us having a place to our thing?
Old 10-05-2008, 04:08 PM

kirny is a decent person

i dont see it going nation wide cause other states are going to see that it just makes even more people run which leads to more wrecks and more lawbreaking
Old 10-05-2008, 04:12 PM

kirny is a decent person

and the only time i will kill the streets is when there is a group of sixty plus then you pass the state troopers on the tollway and they dont even try to come afta us
Old 10-05-2008, 04:14 PM

$$$$DINO$$$$ is a decent person

there is noone to standup for us
Old 10-05-2008, 04:19 PM

Originally Posted by **D**
True story... I think they're gonna realize how many people are gonna start caring even less about the police and things are gonna get really bad. Then they're either gonna let up on us and help us with places to ride or start gettin drastic and violent (gun shots to those who run) This stuff is getting just stupid.. I mean they build race tracks for those speed freaks, skate parks for those who skate, whats the hell is so wrong about us having a place to our thing?
I completely agree!!! I am looking into why the insurance is so hi even if people sign wavers and why its so hard to get permit's to do shows....I did go and talk to the sheriff of broward and he said of the record there affraid that if we promote stunting more retards will do it on the streets....I can kinda see what he is saying but still think its a good idea to open a place up....He said remember when fast and the furious came out...I said yes...He said do you know how many more accidents and street racing we had going on right after that movie came out.....I told him that was promoting street racing and were trying to promote stunt riding in controlled inverments mostly done at low speeds and in PARKING LOTS NOT IN TRAFFIC!!!. But he didn't see the difference...
Old 10-05-2008, 04:29 PM
Throttle choppin'

IRISH MIKE is a jewel in the roughIRISH MIKE is a jewel in the roughIRISH MIKE is a jewel in the rough

I will run. **** that.

Quick Reply: The New Wheelie Law, Impropper Tag Placement, And Excessive Speed Laws!!!