ktm 640 handbrake q's

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2008, 03:41 PM

terribleone is a decent person
ktm 640 handbrake q's

newbie here building my bike. need some help from someone knolegeable to the subject.

so i have everything i need to have my hand brake set up on the bike except for the fitting that converts the reservior hole on the foot pedal MC so i can thread a banjo bolt into it.

now my only problem is that all the fittings i can find seem to have a small alen bolt or what have you, that holds the fitting into the MC. now my foot pedal MC does not have that small bolt holding it in.

so i was wondering should i just get one and put it in and hope it doesn't pop out or is there a fitting suited for MC's that don't have that small bolt?

any help would be greatly apprecciated, have been searching the subject for a few days now.

thanks for reading.
Old 10-04-2008, 04:30 PM

trently309 is a decent person
Re: ktm 640 handbrake q's

call mark at hai bike shop.com hell hook u up or fullthrottle inc. they all have junction valves for ur handbrake theyll hook u up!
Old 10-04-2008, 05:25 PM
u been huffin?

f4ibry is an unknown quantity at this point

w.o. seeing the rear master it seams that this is similar to a 636 style rear master, and you would need a fitting similar to that.
your best bet is to ebay a spare rear and get a fullthrottleinc style adapter(call bill n explain ur situation)

or a gptech style adapter. w.this kind u may want to kwiksteel, jbweld, or tig the adapter on to make a perfect air free seal.....

get all that? Now Do It!
Old 10-04-2008, 06:08 PM
hunts and stunts

jstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to behold

just find an old master with enough aluminum around where the banjo bolts up, so that you can just cut it off and still have enough for someone to weld that threaded part to your existing foot master at the spot where you would use a fitting.

No allen head needed then, you're done searching for a fitting, no leaks, and no problem!
HB issue solved...
Old 10-04-2008, 08:10 PM

joey1 is infamous around these partsjoey1 is infamous around these partsjoey1 is infamous around these partsjoey1 is infamous around these partsjoey1 is infamous around these partsjoey1 is infamous around these parts

hohey makes a dual caliper bracket for the ktm but its for the right side caliper. i have a ktm duke 2 and the chain is on the right side-caliper on left so i cant use that. as far as the rear master it is not like a sport bike where you can just add the fitting and line to hand brake. its kinda like a 07 r1 front master with that small black plastic tube squeezed into a rubber grommet that goes to the hose and bottle. if you find something let me know.
Old 10-04-2008, 08:16 PM

terribleone is a decent person

thanks alot guys i got a game plan now i never even thought of welding the fitting on there.

thanks guys for all your help and advice it really was a great help, cheers to you guys!
Old 10-04-2008, 10:47 PM

Cincykillz is a decent person

how many people weld fittings to there mc cuz i would think that would melt the seals?
Old 10-05-2008, 02:33 AM
hunts and stunts

jstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to behold

you take it off the bike and gut it first....

I did that to my 06 gixer six's foot master for a ghetto HB fitting... It's no Hohey 4 piston dual caliper set up, but I got a brembo master and braided line, and it works great!

Too good for a squid like me actually! LOL