need tips on turning circle wheelies

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2008, 05:40 AM

gixxer_guy07 is a decent person
need tips on turning circle wheelies

i have been trying to do circle wheelies, i can get half of a circle then i low side or high side. i clutch the wheelie up to balance point and when i start to turn in to the circle, i cant keep t going. my idle is set at 3000 rpm's. what do i need to try?
Old 09-29-2008, 05:43 AM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep
Re: need tips on turning circle wheelies

never seen you ride but the most common mistake is letting the front tire down too far
Old 09-29-2008, 05:51 AM
SEAT SPREADER COMBOS

burnoutnut has a spectacular aura aboutburnoutnut has a spectacular aura aboutburnoutnut has a spectacular aura about

throw a vid up so ppl can see ............... it helps to work out whats going wrong
Old 09-29-2008, 07:54 AM
Wannabe

Zarrell is a decent person

I have a similar problem with my DRZ400sm but I'm pretty sure it's because I'm not going slow enough, not high enough and I'm givin it too much gas so I constantly highside out. I dunno about you but you probably just need to find the right balance, maybe your not high enough, hence you lowside or maybe u give too much gas and highside, but yeah post up a vid
Old 09-29-2008, 08:02 AM
†★ King of brake lines ★†

Juca has a brilliant futureJuca has a brilliant futureJuca has a brilliant futureJuca has a brilliant futureJuca has a brilliant futureJuca has a brilliant futureJuca has a brilliant futureJuca has a brilliant futureJuca has a brilliant futureJuca has a brilliant futureJuca has a brilliant future

when you are in curcle,then just on a secound look your upper body position,your body must be simetrical with gas tank (your upper body)
and if you going outside of circle,then just corect it with your upper body (all corections you can make with upper),if you going to fall into circle,then just give more throttle... try to be smooth...
Old 09-29-2008, 08:09 AM

Nine54f4i is a decent person

Originally Posted by gixxer_guy07
i have been trying to do circle wheelies, i can get half of a circle then i low side or high side. i clutch the wheelie up to balance point and when i start to turn in to the circle, i cant keep t going. my idle is set at 3000 rpm's. what do i need to try?
I am EXACTLY where you are right now. I catch idle start to dip in get about half a circle and it falls down, starts to high side, or starts to low side. But It seems giving it some gas pulls it back out a bit or if it starts to highside giving it a bit of brake works to pull it back in. None the less i still cant do more than half a circle.
Old 09-29-2008, 09:49 AM

Venom600 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Nine54f4i
I am EXACTLY where you are right now. I catch idle start to dip in get about half a circle and it falls down, starts to high side, or starts to low side. But It seems giving it some gas pulls it back out a bit or if it starts to highside giving it a bit of brake works to pull it back in. None the less i still cant do more than half a circle.
same here, my front wheel keeps dropping. I was told I am not going slow enough.
Old 09-29-2008, 10:04 AM

Juca has a brilliant futureJuca has a brilliant futureJuca has a brilliant futureJuca has a brilliant futureJuca has a brilliant futureJuca has a brilliant futureJuca has a brilliant futureJuca has a brilliant futureJuca has a brilliant futureJuca has a brilliant futureJuca has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Venom600
same here, my front wheel keeps dropping. I was told I am not going slow enough.
hmmm ill try to help you...
oky lets see,clutch it up and get bp,be smooth,just tap your brake,then slow your bike (realy slow) then bike will naturaly start to fall left or right,just take your side,and when you going into circle (start going into circle) then give more throttle and then just play with brake (keed your throttle locked,and ride rear brake) all corections you can make with upper body... and you can your left leg put on 12 o clock rear leg on brake... i hope this **** will help you
Old 09-29-2008, 10:22 AM

Towlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of light

practice practice practice practice practice
Old 09-29-2008, 10:30 AM

Beto is just really niceBeto is just really niceBeto is just really niceBeto is just really niceBeto is just really nice

yup I'm at that stage too, every once in a while I can bust 1-3 circles, but most of the time I only get half to 3/4 the way around and I either stall or highside. We're just gonna have to keep at it, Darrick told me that it will come but you have to practice alot.
Old 09-29-2008, 10:34 AM
Brap

T-Dubby is a jewel in the roughT-Dubby is a jewel in the roughT-Dubby is a jewel in the roughT-Dubby is a jewel in the rough

Keep the tire high and don't be affraid to use the gas.. Staggard circles are really hard. Just takes alot of practice. I still can't only do like 1 to make 3 if I"m lucky..

Also when you're turning and in the circle in make sure you keep the bike close byusing your arms to pull it in to.

I keep practicing them occasionally

Last edited by T-Dubby; 09-29-2008 at 10:41 AM.
Old 09-29-2008, 11:01 AM
CA STUNTER

big ben is a decent person

turn idle up and do them with left foot on seat. handbrake and idle .
Old 09-29-2008, 11:03 AM

Originally Posted by big ben
why to use handbrake,if he have he's right foot on rear brake (foot brake)
Old 09-29-2008, 11:03 AM

Unknown_Tom is a splendid one to beholdUnknown_Tom is a splendid one to beholdUnknown_Tom is a splendid one to beholdUnknown_Tom is a splendid one to beholdUnknown_Tom is a splendid one to beholdUnknown_Tom is a splendid one to beholdUnknown_Tom is a splendid one to beholdUnknown_Tom is a splendid one to behold

How many circles can you do there big guy?
Old 09-29-2008, 11:13 AM

vandal34 is a decent person

Originally Posted by Juca
why to use handbrake,if he have he's right foot on rear brake (foot brake)
I learnt off the hand brake. i think it much easier than the foot brake for circles. I moved to foot later.
Gixxer-guy dont be afraid to tip it in. Dont just mash it around on the brake and mega high idle.
Old 09-29-2008, 11:17 AM

Originally Posted by vandal34
I learnt off the hand brake. i think it much easier than the foot brake for circles. I moved to foot later.
Gixxer-guy dont be afraid to tip it in. Dont just mash it around on the brake and mega high idle.
i make circles to right side,so all my weight is on my left foot (12 bar),and i have my right foot on brake,that is easyer way for me
and if i stall it i just clutch it in circle,so i feel much better on foot brake
Old 09-29-2008, 11:27 AM

Venom600 is an unknown quantity at this point

Im just going to keep practicing. darrick is the one who told me to slow it down more, so if I work on that next time, I think I can start to get the feel for it. Im learning staggard too, no hb.
Old 09-29-2008, 11:27 AM
Not guilty

villa76 is a splendid one to beholdvilla76 is a splendid one to beholdvilla76 is a splendid one to beholdvilla76 is a splendid one to beholdvilla76 is a splendid one to beholdvilla76 is a splendid one to beholdvilla76 is a splendid one to beholdvilla76 is a splendid one to behold

Squid!
Old 09-29-2008, 11:36 AM
Xtreme Fury Stunter

Cream Cheese will become famous soon enoughCream Cheese will become famous soon enough

u gotta look at it as if u and ur bike is a geometrical cone shape the thing to do is try to keep ur front tire in the air and ur bike at the same angle throughout the circle of course u can correct ur circle once u learn to do them faster and wider or by pullin in the clutch! i started at kilroy position(left foot in seat right foot on peg) surprisingly i use both brakes tho!! basically use the brake comin into the circle and as soo as u dip in ull have to throttle a little than brake right away! that its just that geometrice cone. keep the bike at an angle by gas brake gas brake. again be smooth about it
Old 09-29-2008, 11:49 AM

Timmy P is a decent person

dont over analize it. if you think about it to much you will **** up. when I learned I was going in HOT! rollin in I would scrape tail most the time ,being hard on the brakes. throw the bike over towards the direction of the spin . I would basicly stay level while the bike was leaning way in. and you can be pretty heavy on the gas during a circle.. but its all about practice. and finding the right idle for you. if your stalling alot you probly have to much idle,and using to much brake.

Quick Reply: need tips on turning circle wheelies