need tips on turning circle wheelies

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2008, 12:39 PM

a929ryda is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: need tips on turning circle wheelies

Originally Posted by T-Dubby
Keep the tire high and don't be affraid to use the gas.. Staggard circles are really hard. Just takes alot of practice. I still can't only do like 1 to make 3 if I"m lucky..

Also when you're turning and in the circle in make sure you keep the bike close byusing your arms to pull it in to.

I keep practicing them occasionally
hey you got those O's. I knew you would. :YEAH

i never tried the staggard O's but seat stander are coming along. I just have to figure out who not to get dizzy
Old 09-29-2008, 12:41 PM

YSRRider is just really niceYSRRider is just really niceYSRRider is just really niceYSRRider is just really niceYSRRider is just really nice

just curious...... whats a good RPM to go into a circle? I have my idle set at 3000-3200 with a 16/62 sprocket kit, that RPM seems to be perfect for me. I can Idle pretty much as long as I want and barely have to give throttle or brake but I slow down to around 1500 to start my circle, thats where I feel most comfortable. Would it be easier another way? I'm doing larger circles and slowly trying to bring them tighter, when I get them tight I can only go around 1.5 times.
Old 09-29-2008, 12:49 PM
Xtreme Fury Stunter

Cream Cheese will become famous soon enoughCream Cheese will become famous soon enough

im at 15/62 and i come in hot sumtimes. when u come in hot u get the wider fsater circles i have mine set about 3500 to 3800 and it works fine. theres no 1 way to do it u just gotta keep at it plus ss and foot in seat and spreader circles are all a diffrent feel! u gotta fall into place
Old 09-29-2008, 12:49 PM
Brap

T-Dubby is a jewel in the roughT-Dubby is a jewel in the roughT-Dubby is a jewel in the roughT-Dubby is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by a929ryda
hey you got those O's. I knew you would. :YEAH

i never tried the staggard O's but seat stander are coming along. I just have to figure out who not to get dizzy
Yeah staggard are really hard lol...Atleast to me plus I don't like the way the footing feels on the F4i.. Yeah I can do SS now till I get dizzy.. You getting more of them?

Last edited by T-Dubby; 09-29-2008 at 12:56 PM.
Old 09-29-2008, 12:57 PM

YSRRider is just really niceYSRRider is just really niceYSRRider is just really niceYSRRider is just really niceYSRRider is just really nice

I feel most comfortable with my foot on the seat, I havent cut a hole in it yet. I have a hard time dipping the bike in that way and sometimes I high side. I've been practicing staggered.
Old 09-29-2008, 12:59 PM
†★ King of brake lines ★†

Juca has a brilliant futureJuca has a brilliant futureJuca has a brilliant futureJuca has a brilliant futureJuca has a brilliant futureJuca has a brilliant futureJuca has a brilliant futureJuca has a brilliant futureJuca has a brilliant futureJuca has a brilliant futureJuca has a brilliant future

where you look when you doing circles?
i look around,looking people onthe street,birds,my friends,... i cant look into circle becouse i get dizzy verrrry fast...
Old 09-29-2008, 01:01 PM
Brap

T-Dubby is a jewel in the roughT-Dubby is a jewel in the roughT-Dubby is a jewel in the roughT-Dubby is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Juca
where you look when you doing circles?
i look around,looking people onthe street,birds,my friends,... i cant look into circle becouse i get dizzy verrrry fast...
Look into the circle.. That was my whole problem for a long time I kept just looking at the front tire.. You need to look into the circle.. Makes a world of a difference.
Old 09-29-2008, 01:06 PM

Towlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of light

Yeah staggard are really hard lol...Atleast to me plus I don't like the way the footing feels on the F4i.. Yeah I can do SS now till I get dizzy.. You getting more of them?
I think its all just what you dedicate your time to first

I learned staggard circles first, that was the ONLY type I could do, but I could do 6+ everytime tell I got dizzy..
THen I learned with 1 foot no the seat, and now I LOVE that posisition..

But I only RECENTLY learned SS circles!

Look into the circle.. That was my whole problem for a long time I kept just looking at the front tire.. You need to look into the circle.. Makes a world of a difference.
+1, I look where I'm going, and the bike follows lol!
Old 09-29-2008, 02:01 PM

gixxer_guy07 is a decent person

thanks for the advice. im about to head out and pratice more today. ill try to get some vid today. i know im hitting bp and when i dip in most the time i stall. and my rpms are set at 3000. ill play with the rmps and let you know how i do. thanks.
Old 09-29-2008, 02:09 PM

Originally Posted by gixxer_guy07
thanks for the advice. im about to head out and pratice more today. ill try to get some vid today. i know im hitting bp and when i dip in most the time i stall. and my rpms are set at 3000. ill play with the rmps and let you know how i do. thanks.

what are your RPM's when you go into the circle? I brake ***** it down to 1500 and I think I need to stop doing that, but thats where I have the most control and If I screw up I can safely bring the bike down to the ground without hurting it or me. I'm trying to practice as much as I can but little tips that I can try when I go out there are always helpful...... aint no one around here doing it so I have no one to learn from. its all good though.
Old 09-29-2008, 02:12 PM

gixxer_guy07 is a decent person

i dont know what im at when i go in to the circle, my bikeis street fightered out and i have no gauges on he bike. but i set my idle to 3000 before i got out to do circles. im going to idle it down to 2000 today and see how that works for me. im going to play with it today a just see where i can get.
Old 09-29-2008, 03:07 PM
†★ King of brake lines ★†

Juca has a brilliant futureJuca has a brilliant futureJuca has a brilliant futureJuca has a brilliant futureJuca has a brilliant futureJuca has a brilliant futureJuca has a brilliant futureJuca has a brilliant futureJuca has a brilliant futureJuca has a brilliant futureJuca has a brilliant future

why??which differences? you have better control or what?
Old 09-29-2008, 04:09 PM

-matt g- is an unknown quantity at this point

why??which differences? you have better control or what?

the difference for me is if i look straight when im doing circles i get dizzy as hell.. if i look down or at something close to the ground where im turning i almost never get dizzy

my advice is push the bike into the circle.. do NOT lean into the circle.. that was my problem for awhile.. it feels less natural but once u get the feel for it you can make adjustments to the bike with a small push or pull
Old 09-29-2008, 04:22 PM

FreezeSBFreaks is a decent person

hmmm ill try to help you...
oky lets see,clutch it up and get bp,be smooth,just tap your brake,then slow your bike (realy slow) then bike will naturaly start to fall left or right,just take your side,and when you going into circle (start going into circle) then give more throttle and then just play with brake (keed your throttle locked,and ride rear brake) all corections you can make with upper body... and you can your left leg put on 12 o clock rear leg on brake... i hope this **** will help you

again, you FAIL!

you can't even circle yet trying to give advice to someone who is getting close...
Old 09-29-2008, 05:51 PM

a929ryda is an unknown quantity at this point

Gettin alot more started working on rl way different keep hi siding and having to jump off.

but can't stop no to many good riders out here, tring to keep up
Old 09-29-2008, 06:00 PM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

Armenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant future

somebody sell me a ******* circle button for my 600rr because i used to dip into circles all day long, with my eyes shut on my old 636 and now i have to learn balance point all over again. Engine brake up the ***.
Old 09-29-2008, 06:07 PM

12oclocker is an unknown quantity at this point

I got a circle button, will sell for $400, heavily used, but in great shape, good for bust'n seat stander and sitdowns alike.

If I circle right, my weight is on the left side of the bike and the bike is tilted to the right, kinda like the rear tire is a pivot point and my weight is counter balancing the bike on the opposite side. same for when I circle left. once I figured that out, everything clicked, and I was able to nail the circles everytime, seat stander & sitdowns.
Old 09-29-2008, 06:21 PM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

Armenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by 12oclocker
I got a circle button, will sell for $400, heavily used, but in great shape, good for bust'n seat stander and sitdowns alike.
is it for an 06 600rr?
Old 09-29-2008, 07:54 PM
ATOWNCUSTOMS

ATOWN1101 has much to be proud ofATOWN1101 has much to be proud ofATOWN1101 has much to be proud ofATOWN1101 has much to be proud ofATOWN1101 has much to be proud ofATOWN1101 has much to be proud ofATOWN1101 has much to be proud ofATOWN1101 has much to be proud ofATOWN1101 has much to be proud ofATOWN1101 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by -matt g-

my advice is push the bike into the circle.. do NOT lean into the circle.. that was my problem for awhile.. it feels less natural but once u get the feel for it you can make adjustments to the bike with a small push or pull
how much of a difference does this make cause i keep leaning in and the bike wont dip enough.
Old 09-29-2008, 11:40 PM

-matt g- is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ATOWN1101
how much of a difference does this make cause i keep leaning in and the bike wont dip enough.
huge difference.. i could never get circles consistently when i was leaning with them.. when istarted pushing them i can knock out consistent ss o's when ever

Quick Reply: need tips on turning circle wheelies