Clutch wheelies

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2008, 12:06 AM

motosikel is a decent person
Re: Clutch wheelies

I have a four hweeler but it has an automatic clutch. o I am starting to us it to learn balance point, throttle control, and brake control. I have this little 110cc mini bike, but I was told by a friend it sucks to wheelie on. He had 2 50cc bikes and he said he could wheelie all day, but that other one he could barely get it up. so..... I would trade it for a 50, but its not mine. So all I really have is that 4 wheeler. Its a honda rancher.
Old 09-30-2008, 12:07 AM

showoff81 is an unknown quantity at this point

my r6 wont even run without the gauge cluster. fuel gage on a stunt bike? i thought katana and hayabusa only had fuel gage.
Old 09-30-2008, 12:10 AM

mini bikes always come out from under me. i cant find bp. one second im up and the next im on my back holding it over my head
Old 09-30-2008, 12:28 AM

sdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by showoff81
my r6 wont even run without the gauge cluster. fuel gage on a stunt bike? i thought katana and hayabusa only had fuel gage.
f4i and 600rr as well as some others have an actual guage not just a low fuel light
Old 09-30-2008, 07:28 AM
cereal killa

poni can only hope to improve

<------no Inst' Cluster Period.
Old 09-30-2008, 11:53 AM
F*(K Yut Uggh

287ridah is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by white bandito
please learn rear brake on the 4 wheeler befor u try to wheelie sport bike.
+1
Or a 50.
cheapest and safest way to learn RB and BP.
Old 09-30-2008, 03:42 PM

gixxer_guy07 is a decent person

kirny maybe you should do what works for you. once i took my guage off my bike i started doing **** i never thought i was ready for. maybe not because i took it off but it worked. and everyone always starts learning wheelies trying to look at your gauges. so if there off you wont look at them. i have never ran out of gas. and if your worried about temp just hard wire your bike where the fan is always on when the bike is on. so talk **** if you want but i was just telling him what worked for me.
Old 09-30-2008, 03:43 PM

gixxer_guy07 is a decent person

just stop thinking about the wheelie and do it.
Old 09-30-2008, 04:06 PM

sdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by gixxer_guy07
kirny maybe you should do what works for you. once i took my guage off my bike i started doing **** i never thought i was ready for. maybe not because i took it off but it worked. and everyone always starts learning wheelies trying to look at your gauges. so if there off you wont look at them. i have never ran out of gas. and if your worried about temp just hard wire your bike where the fan is always on when the bike is on. so talk **** if you want but i was just telling him what worked for me.
wrong, not everyone starts wheelies looking at a guage. i never was once concerned about my guage when i learned to wheelie. maybe you never ran out of gas sooo what, doesnt mean its not a likely situation for ppl not running guages. bottom line, if you dont have enough self control to controlw where your yes point when u go to wheelie maybe wheelies on sportbikes is a little advanced for you
Old 09-30-2008, 04:24 PM

Originally Posted by sdfkillz
f4i and 600rr as well as some others have an actual guage not just a low fuel light
i know. im jelous. my hayabusa needs a fuel gage cause i go full throttle for three seconds and a gallon is gone. i lose track of time stunting and my gas light on my r6 comes on. i need it too. ran out of gas on my 900 and flew over the bars at 40mph.
Old 09-30-2008, 05:43 PM

The advice is awesome. I tried today, I was at 5-10 mph, and I dropping it at 4000 rpm. I really want to wait for my cage b4 I really starting getting it up there, but Im getting impatient. I bought a fi cage off ebay friday, and he still has not contacted me. He has good reviews though. But anyway I appreciate it.
Old 09-30-2008, 05:45 PM

O btw the front tire barely comes off the ground at 4000, below that the bike just lunges forward and kinda shutters. I dont know if Im giveing enough gas or something. I figured it would pull it up and I could barely blap the throttle to keep it up?
Old 09-30-2008, 05:50 PM

Originally Posted by motosikel
O btw the front tire barely comes off the ground at 4000, below that the bike just lunges forward and kinda shutters. I dont know if Im giveing enough gas or something. I figured it would pull it up and I could barely blap the throttle to keep it up?
more gas = bigger wheelie
Old 09-30-2008, 11:42 PM

kirny is a decent person

gixxer guy_07 i wasnt talking **** at all i was saying not looking at your gauges is a good thing no you shouldnt take them off but yes you should not be worried what exact rpm your at just like sdfkillz said you should have enough self control that you dont have to look at them i never did maybe my first ****** time then i realized wow i should def be paying attention to the whoolie and not the gauges
Old 09-30-2008, 11:46 PM

DIRTYJEFF636s is a decent person

i don't have gauges, i ran outta gas doing a wheelie. flipped over the front learned my lesson. check gas check gas check gas check gas
Old 10-01-2008, 12:00 AM
I Pop Wheelies

Coteracing438 is a decent person

i bet that wasnt embarrassing
Old 10-01-2008, 07:48 AM
cereal killa

poni can only hope to improve

yeah dude you got it....set the idle at 3-4k and just give it a little snap on the go-stick and pop the clutch....try a little first..then more and more till you got urself a rideable wheelie.
Old 10-01-2008, 09:29 AM

cjones_636 is a decent person

Originally Posted by sdfkillz
more gas = bigger wheelie
+1 on that advice.....>!
Old 10-01-2008, 10:58 AM

awesome. He sent my cage out today. So I'm just waiting on it. He said it was missing a spacer, so other that that it will be ready to go.
Old 10-01-2008, 01:38 PM

kirny is a decent person

i had a streetfighter gixxer 750 with no gauges and i was doing a whoolie on the highway it cut out and my nuts slammed into the tank at first i was like what the hell so i did another one and same thing happend so as i was going down the on ramp it ran out of gas so im sitting at a stop light in the turn lane standing on the side push it through the turning lane and pushed it in the gas station it was pretty funny

Quick Reply: Clutch wheelies