Clutch wheelies

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2008, 10:19 PM

Towlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Clutch wheelies

Originally Posted by bwesky
oh really? i havnt seen a looped car when the clutch is dropped from its redline have you?
Actually if you dump it from redline, you'll probably burnout..

slipping the clutch from red line will throw you into a wheelie
Old 09-27-2008, 11:04 PM

motosikel is a decent person

I hit it once before I tipped on the rack, but I guess it was in panic or something because it came down hella fast. So tomorrow I guess I'll try again.
Old 09-27-2008, 11:15 PM
www.STUNTRIDE.com

MiNi GuineA is a decent person

Originally Posted by Moto158
I learned from dead stop. Worked good for me.
reference to another thread he told me the same, with 3k idle.. i m gettin it tho
Old 09-27-2008, 11:25 PM

cruzer636 is a decent person

Practice your stand ups ... Right foot on the right foot peg covering your brake that's a must ... Left foot on the left passenger rear set and bring it up at slow speeds and work with it .....3 helpful tips practice practice practice cover your rear brake no matter what!! And wear that helmet ... Good luck man
Old 09-27-2008, 11:47 PM

sdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of light

oh really? i havnt seen a looped car when the clutch is dropped from its redline have you?
ive never redlined a car to get it burn out. what the **** are you driving a yugo? anyway billy nye, my point is the concept is the same, rpm's need to be at a greater speed than the wheels in order to make em break loose or wheelie in the bikes instance when the clutch is dropped. we were talking about the technique of clutching up a bike not controlling it once its up...
Old 09-29-2008, 05:31 AM

gixxer_guy07 is a decent person

the best advice i can give you is to take you rpm gauge off. i just use it to idle my bike up. just start with low wheelies. then use more rpms to ****** it up as you get a feel for wheelies. and dont start of by coming to a complete stop. start off by going about 5 mph. once you get the hang of that get slower and slower until you can come to a complete stop and clutch it up to balance point. i have not been stunting that long but im starting to turn circle wheelies. just keep trying and you will get it.but it will not happen over night. if you need any tips or anything just shot me a line and ill try to help you out.
Old 09-29-2008, 07:07 AM
wheres your momma @

montijo_420 is a decent person

i started with power wheelies then moved on to clutchin looped my **** before i learnd not to give it too much on the throttle its alot easier when u know how to use that brake keep at it and youll get it just takes time and a set of ***** to get past that fear of goin over
Old 09-29-2008, 02:18 PM

gixxer_guy07 is a decent person

i wouldnt never tell someone to do power wheelies. i have had 2 of my friends loop there **** doing power wheelies. you have more control of throtle and brake when you clutch up wheelies. just start with small wheelies and work your way up. just keep trying, and dont forget to keep your foot on the brake for a bail out plan.....
Old 09-29-2008, 05:53 PM

motosikel is a decent person

I can do power wheelies, not to balance point though. I can ride them out a lot more than I could my TL. But I'm waiting on my cage, I bought it off of ebay, and the guy still has not contacted me, so I hope that bastard did not run. But as soon as I can get that bitch on, I'm gonna try to clutch em up.
Old 09-29-2008, 06:52 PM
scraperpimp

mendoCoasterZx6 is a decent person

i have a high revin zx6 so i rev to about 6 maybe 5,5...drop the clutch..keep the throttle open around that rpm..keep that foot over your brake..or handbrake,whatever u got, wait till it gets to balance ponint....fight the bike with your brake if it helps you,,this way you dont let off the throttle when you feel like your too far...just use your brake and throttle at the same time...tap tap tap on that brake and before youknow it your wheelieing,,thats my stratagy,,everyone is different
Old 09-29-2008, 08:18 PM

shayneusaf is a decent person

BUELL = GAY
Old 09-29-2008, 09:18 PM
cereal killa

poni can only hope to improve

dude...some of what i just read was good, some bad...some scary as ****. i learned pow pows with a full fairing and some cheap *** sliders...NO CAGE. end result was a broken collar bone and a **** load of road rash and nerve damage.not to mention a bike i had to rebuilt.....that was the day i knew i wanted to stunt....bought a cage...decent sliders and a new helmet....bikes gong down is a fact of the stunt life so get used to it. some will hurt some wont....if you do, and you will...and you pick up the bike to do it again you will be ok bro.....

do the thing when you ramp up the revs gradually and pop the clutch till you find the sweetest set up for your wheelies. the guys i practice with let me **** around alot.....it's like getting water from a rock to get advice on how some of it is done. so it's good to see the guys here helpin you out. plus ya had enough ***** to ask the question..
Old 09-29-2008, 09:21 PM
5 star

tavis10r is an unknown quantity at this point

would try clutching it up on something else, perhaps a smaller bike or four wheeler, cause eve the feeling of cluthing it up is tricky, then once u get that incorpoate that to your street bike...just do it little at a time..baby steps.. keeping at a speed your comofrtable with before clutch up's helped me....somewhere aound 30-40
Old 09-29-2008, 09:45 PM

motion156 is a decent person

Originally Posted by sdfkillz
this **** is not rocket science. have u ever done a burnout in a manual transmission car? same concept.
dumbass.
Old 09-29-2008, 11:38 PM

showoff81 is an unknown quantity at this point

35 mph in second, half throttle and snap it out at exact same time.
Old 09-29-2008, 11:41 PM

sdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by motion156
dumbass.
squid.
Old 09-29-2008, 11:53 PM

kirny is a decent person

i would do the 20 mph roll but thats just me

Last edited by kirny; 09-30-2008 at 12:04 AM.
Old 09-30-2008, 12:00 AM

kirny is a decent person

[quote=gixxer_guy07;3536403]the best advice i can give you is to take you rpm gauge off. i just use it to idle my bike up quote]

+1 everytime someone asks me this question i tell them i have no idea what rpms i do it at i just have the feel for it and they look at me like im ******* stupid
Old 09-30-2008, 12:01 AM

Originally Posted by kirny
the best advice i can give you is to take you rpm gauge off.

+1 everytime someone asks me this question i tell them i have no idea what rpms i do it at i just have the feel for it and they look at me like im ******* stupid
taking your guages off is not a real good idea. it has important things on there like your temp guage and your gas guage. run out of gas in a wheelie = rat trap. its alot easier to just divert your eyes to where youre going.
Old 09-30-2008, 12:05 AM

kirny is a decent person

sorry i accidently post like 3 times but hes not saying literally its a figure of speach as in act like they are not there

Quick Reply: Clutch wheelies