2Fast2Furious- What about the stunts?

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2003, 12:56 PM

SPINE is an unknown quantity at this point
2Fast2Furious- What about the stunts?

The movie opened... last week was it? How come noone mentioned the bike stunts that were in the movie? Didn't Kyle Woods do some of the stunts?

I'm going to watch it today and was just wondering why there was no mention of it on here.

Later!

Old 06-30-2003, 01:26 PM

NCLR1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Cause you gotta pay close attention to see them in the movie. I am sure they had a lot ofgood stunters for the movie who probaly busted a lot of stunts. But I only saw 2 side by side standups and one stoppie.
Old 06-30-2003, 01:38 PM

Boughetto is an unknown quantity at this point
Ya, they did not show them enough
Old 06-30-2003, 01:50 PM
I Love To Post!

motopsyko32 will become famous soon enough
like 1 minute of stunts in the beggining ONLY!
Old 06-30-2003, 01:56 PM

Un minuto?

That short for the real **** huh?

I heard it was in the scene by some truck or something. The guys who do these movies should do a Stunna Movie too, hopefully they will turn their heads towards the bikes and go hmmm...

Or the guys doing the stunts in the movies could suggest to them to do a Stunna Movie...

Old 06-30-2003, 02:04 PM

Well, all it takes is someone to write a story and sell it to a company ie paramount, dreamworks, whatever. They won't make a movie about stunts, there is no story there, no plot. Maybe is someone picked an icon of stunting that has had an interesting life or someone that has passed away bla bla bla. It needs to be interesting to people that don't know about the stunts. The story comes first then the stunts come second. I mean, look at Biker Boyz, the story is the the King Of Cali then the racing and the stunts were secondary.
Old 06-30-2003, 02:08 PM

Yeah that's what I was thinking, a storyline of course, noone wants to go to the theater to watch a bunch of stunts. It could have a storyline like Rad or Gleaming the Cube.

I like your idea better NCLR1 but who should be the protagonist ?
Old 06-30-2003, 02:26 PM

Well, I guess it's going to take a few people. At least one right the story, then you need the people with the hookups to get someone to look at the story.

I am acquaintances with Reggie Rock Bythewood. The director/writer for Biker Boyz. He said that the idea came from an article he read in a magazine on a guy that used to race around the 80's I think. He was good and everyone knew him. Like a local legend. So, he followed this guy (Pokey) around for a year or two and learned about the lifestlye. Then he wrote up a script about the Kid and his Dad, which wasn't part of the real riders life. Just made it interesting. He pitched it to a few places and Dreamworks said OK. My opinion only, but they went about it in a good way. They made it possible for a lot of the current clubs/teams/ solo riders to give input and be a part of the movie. But, that movie was supposed to about stunts, it was supposed to be centered around drag racing motorcycles on the street. Which to me, was a bad idea, because that lifestyle peaked years ago. A movie like Biker Boyz, put out now, would get a lot of attention.

So, who's life should be put on paper for a movie. Starboyz? It should be a very popular name so that all types of people can relate. Also, interesting. I mean, it someone came out with a movie that chronicaled Tony Hawk, I would go see it.
Old 06-30-2003, 02:38 PM

I remeber when skateboaring was a "no no" and the cops would give me and my friends dirty looks riding down the street, but now there are skate parks all over. At the YMCA, at some Chicago Parks, and even on Lake Shore Drive (a popular cruise near the lakefront in Chicago).

But yet there still hasn't been a big time movie about that, however it has moved on and is pretty big and not seen as it was when I use to do it, thank God, poor knees. People use to think we were losers.

I kinda see that disrespect from the general public and it's because of the fools fuging around that are not part of the stuntlife :YEAH and messing it up for the pros and upcoming teams.

Hopefully this sport goes in that direction where we are RESPECTED and get all the attention glamour and glory even if it's in our own nitch.

Well I mean you guys get respected, I suck...

But who will be the "Tony Hawk of Stunting"?

Old 06-30-2003, 02:43 PM
Regular StuntLifer

H00KED is an unknown quantity at this point
1st off - We did all talk about Kyles part in 2F2F. It was in open discussion and it was started right before the release of the movie.
We all gave him props and congrats for his role.

2nd - The movie Biker Boyz sucked. I think we can all agree on that. They did actually get some good stuntas in the movie, however, they didn't use the best footage.

noone wants to go to the theater to watch a bunch of stunts
I would, but that's just me....LoL

In all honesty I think a story about stunting would be easy to come up with. Hell just start the movie about a character and his friends that love stunting and start out on the streets. As the movie progresses he looses a friend or two to (they either crash stunting or better yet an idiot in a car takes them out b/c cars don't watch for bikes) [I think that might even help drivers become aware that they need to look for bikes] Then as the characters skill gets better he gets the opportunity to compete at a stuntshow. Towards the end he's become a pro and promotes stunting in closed environments and off of streets ect....

I dunno, maybe stunting is really only appealing to our community and not the general public....but I kinda think they have at least a small fascination about it.
Old 06-30-2003, 02:57 PM

Right, stunts aren't appealing to the entire community. Why, I dunno, maybe it's cause it's not that mainstream yet. It is getting there though.

I give Kyle props for his stunts. Like I was saying in the beginning, I am sure he did a lot of stunts and only a few were used. They can't take away from the real point of the movie which is the cars.

By the way, Biker Boyz was not a good portrayl of the sportbike scene, the stunt scene or the current scene of anything. It was supposed to be about a racer in a different time. They should have set the movie in that time. Trying to pull off that type of lifestlye in this day, well we all no it didn't work.
Old 06-30-2003, 03:17 PM

Mojave is an unknown quantity at this point
All biker boyz did was create what I like to call Biker Rice just as F&F created Rice. It was a movie that I personally found entertaining but when it comes to real life watching something like JD2 or something of that caliber is definately more educational. I really wish TripleX had more time in the movie being that I only went to see F&F2 for them and it was like blink and you missed it. They also werent in the credits which was a crock and the makers of the movie should be shot for not giving great stunters due credit. There is an article on a realdanger.com forum explaining why. Anyway thats all I got.
Old 06-30-2003, 04:16 PM

lloydchristmas is an unknown quantity at this point
AT least 2F2F was better than biker boyz. Props to the stunnas who finally made it to the big screen. THis is only the beginning!!!!!!
Old 06-30-2003, 04:27 PM

not7fifteen is an unknown quantity at this point
Yeah I guess its only the beginning, but that was the only reason I was gonna go see it was becuase the stunts, then I heard there was only about 5 seconds of stunts so I didn't go...maybe they'll make 3F3F and it'll be all bike stunts!!!
Old 06-30-2003, 07:54 PM

DLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to behold
Brtock told me that when he and Kyle offerd to do more things, and more tech. stunts they got angry and told him they didnt want the bikes overshadowing the cars!