Stainless Or Kevlar?

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2008, 04:43 PM

03zx6rrNICK is a decent person
Stainless Or Kevlar?

I was wondering what brake lines are better stainless or kevlar? Which expands more and what one does not break down as fast do to uv? Also anyone got any for sale haha
Old 09-22-2008, 04:09 PM

Re: Stainless Or Kevlar?

Hello Anyone?
Old 09-22-2008, 04:12 PM

shayneusaf is a decent person

i personally have stainless, they havent failed me yet
Old 09-22-2008, 04:25 PM

FreezeSBFreaks is a decent person

ya i don't knwo anythign about kevlar...but stainless is for sure proven to be good and not bad...
Old 09-22-2008, 04:28 PM

th3grimbringer is a decent person

Stainless here too. They are great. I think they would be cheaper than kevlar as well.
Old 09-22-2008, 07:18 PM

JohnnyP is a decent person

The Stainless steel or Kevlar over braid on aftermarket lines, is just to protect the NYLON inner tubing...That NYLON inner tubing is what actually gives you better brakes, because its rigid but still flexable and does not expand... The SS or Kevlar covering that just protects it...So SS or Kevlar doesnt really matter, when it comes to performance....
Old 09-22-2008, 07:41 PM
cereal killa

poni can only hope to improve

jonny-bravo here is wrong period. the braid is there to stop expansion of the inner core.(which is what you see on stock bikes) if it was a heat issue then the lines would not be covered in a condutor of heat(steel) the braid is there to give better and harder braking all the time,(no fade) ask anybody.I have them on my truck and install them for "performance applications" all the time. If it was for protection then i guess regular lines shouldn't be street legal if there are better ones out there. that's just my--->
Old 09-22-2008, 07:54 PM

YSRRider is just really niceYSRRider is just really niceYSRRider is just really niceYSRRider is just really niceYSRRider is just really nice

I got bashed on this when I asked....... someone informed me that they are all steel braid, the kevlar is just an additional cover over the braid to protect it.

personally I have always liked the Goodridge lines with the blue kevlar and the red fittings, they look dope on any bike!
Old 09-22-2008, 08:51 PM
Custom User Title

______ is a decent person

I have Goodridge lines seem to work fine, stiff with no fade
Old 09-22-2008, 11:17 PM

Originally Posted by poni
jonny-bravo here is wrong period. the braid is there to stop expansion of the inner core.(which is what you see on stock bikes) if it was a heat issue then the lines would not be covered in a condutor of heat(steel) the braid is there to give better and harder braking all the time,(no fade) ask anybody.I have them on my truck and install them for "performance applications" all the time. If it was for protection then i guess regular lines shouldn't be street legal if there are better ones out there. that's just my--->
Stock lines are rubber, that is why they expand...The braid does add to the overall pressure strength of the lines, but it is nothing without the nylon/teflon inner tubeing. It does more to protect the line from kinking, the inner tube is what makes them that much better then rubber lines....

Think what you will, Ive stripped the braid off the tube before...And it wont expand without it, not under normal brake pressures....
Old 09-23-2008, 06:35 AM

I have a buddy that works for a formula 1 race team and he says they only use kevlar. Street cars use stainless and race cars use kevlar so im sure they are pretty good and do not fade.
Old 09-23-2008, 08:21 AM

Originally Posted by 03zx6rrNICK
I have a buddy that works for a formula 1 race team and he says they only use kevlar. Street cars use stainless and race cars use kevlar so im sure they are pretty good and do not fade.
Kevlar is lighter then SS, so thats probably why they use it on race cars...But some say that Kevlar breaks down and doesnt last as long as SS, especially when UV rays from the sun is constantly on it...

No matter what you will not notice a differnece in performance between Kevlar or SS covered lines...
Old 09-23-2008, 08:30 AM

nags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for rep

I connect straws together with electrical tape and use them as brake lines.
Old 09-23-2008, 08:36 AM
"Keep Your F4i's IDIOTS"

50slut will become famous soon enough

s.s. lines are fine and HelUSA made the best ones that had crimped on banjos but they are now out of business
Old 09-23-2008, 08:43 AM

Originally Posted by 50slut
s.s. lines are fine and HelUSA made the best ones that had crimped on banjos but they are now out of business
I have to dissagree, Spiegler makes the best lines with crimped on banjos....They make them in pretty much any colour combination, any lenght/fittings....Only took 4 days to make 2 custom kits for my bikes, Front lines, HB, and rear line....And only $305 shipped for a complete stunt bike setup!

Ninja green line, black aluminum banjos, and green banjo bolts
Name:  1027.jpg
Views: 46
Size:  82.0 KB
Orange line, black banjos, green bolts
Name:  IMG_0115.jpg
Views: 34
Size:  53.9 KB

Ive Emailed HEL about 10000000 times, USA and UK site and never got an answer in over 6 months...**** EM!
Old 09-23-2008, 08:45 AM

nags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for rep

Spiegler makes sick **** but it's pricey.

I need to order a front line for my scooter soon :YEAH
Old 09-23-2008, 08:50 AM

Originally Posted by nags
Spiegler makes sick **** but it's pricey.

I need to order a front line for my scooter soon :YEAH
$305 shipped for custom lines with aluminum banjos and banjo bolts is expensive? 2 front lines, 1 rear, and one long HB line + 6 aluminum banjo bolts....Thats a sweet deal where I come from, just a premade front and rear kit with steel fittings and bolts will cost you $250.....
Old 09-23-2008, 08:51 AM

Originally Posted by JohnnyP
$305 shipped for custom lines with aluminum banjos and banjo bolts is expensive? 2 front lines, 1 rear, and one long HB line + 6 aluminum banjo bolts....Thats a sweet deal where I come from, just a premade front and rear kit with steel fittings and bolts will cost you $250.....
Ouch. That stuff is definitley more expensive up there. Granted, I get cost.. But my whole F4i has Goodridge lines and I'm like $150 into it
Old 09-23-2008, 08:52 AM
"Keep Your F4i's IDIOTS"

50slut will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by JohnnyP
I have to dissagree, Spiegler makes the best lines with crimped on banjos....They make them in pretty much any colour combination, any lenght/fittings....Only took 4 days to make 2 custom kits for my bikes, Front lines, HB, and rear line....And only $305 shipped for a complete stunt bike setup!

Ninja green line, black aluminum banjos, and green banjo bolts

Ive Emailed HEL about 10000000 times, USA and UK site and never got an answer in over 6 months...**** EM!

damn looks pimp and $305 for all lines including hb thats a DEAL you win
Old 09-23-2008, 08:53 AM

Originally Posted by nags
Ouch. That stuff is definitley more expensive up there. Granted, I get cost.. But my whole F4i has Goodridge lines and I'm like $150 into it
Goodridge premade kits use steel fittings and bolts, comparing those to lines with aluminum anodized fittings and bolts is comparing apples to oranges.......

fitting are what determines the price, aluminum anodized stuff costs roughly %40 more....

Quick Reply: Stainless Or Kevlar?