Get LEGAL spot-How-to

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2008, 12:44 AM
Thread Killer!!!

THORPE is a decent person
Get LEGAL spot-How-to

I posted this in another thread just not in detail:

Just my little story I thought I would share:

A little over a year ago I got caught riding at a dead end spot that was on the edge of the city limits. The cop was cool about it cause I know him really well so I asked him what would it take to get somewhere to ride and stay out of trouble, He said I may try talking to the City.

So, I went to City Hall and talked to the Mayor in person and explained what I was wanting and to get his thoughts on the whole concept of using the spot I had been at since it was away from houses, traffic and out of genereal sight. HE said he really didn't have a problem but of course we would have to present it to the Board of Supervisors and get a vote since the property is owned by the city.

Well, I showed up, made my request and explained that what I wanted it for was practice of "Controlled Motorcycle Riding" for upcoming shows that I may do or sometimes just for fun. Of course I didn't get into details but they had a general idea of what i was talking about since me and a few freinds did a show at the local festival wich was downtown

I did make sure to mention that I had no intension of any type of racing and would block off the entrance while we were there.

I also gave them a Liability Realease form that I got from Here: ( I edited it somewhat but great start!)
https://www.stuntlife.com/forums/443...iver-form.html
^^^^^Thanks to F4rider :YEAH

THey all talked amongst themselves and told me to wait for the next meeting and they would have a decision after giving the city attourney a chance to review the release.

I waited impatiently till the next meeting to see what the verdict was gonna be.

THey brought up the request, asked me to uproach the bar, then........

They all said "I" :YEAH :YEAH :YEAH

I couldnt believe it and I thanked each one individually trying my best to keep my shout, "HELL YEAH" inside.

They asked the Chief of Police what his thoughts were on the whole deal.
I was really worried bout this because a few years back The city cops totalled a patrol car while chasing a bike that was doing wheelies down the main highway (I have no idea who this was! )
Well he looked straight at me and said "Personally, I think this is a great Idea, It keeps them off the street and out of traffic and out of our hair" with a slight smirk.
I went straight to him and shook his hand and thanked him personaly.

After that they told some of the city employees to bring us traffic barrels out there for us to block the road off with too which was even more awesome.

Well that was about a year & 1/2 ago and I still go out whenever I want with absolutley no problems.

I hope this story helps people get the courage to at least try to get a legit spot to ride. The Phrase "It's easier to get forgiveness than permission" Don't work with the cops.

Good luck!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by THORPE; 09-11-2008 at 01:28 AM.
Old 09-11-2008, 01:00 AM
**** yo couch!!

Nasty nate! is a jewel in the roughNasty nate! is a jewel in the roughNasty nate! is a jewel in the roughNasty nate! is a jewel in the rough
Re: LEGAL spot :2cents

Thats Pretty Sick.. I Wish They Had A Legit Spot Somewhere In Nyc...
But I Doubt Anyone Would Even Care To Listen.. If They Are Not Making Money Of City Streets Then They Dont Wanna Hear ****.. I Mean I Was At Hunts Point In The Bx Just Me And My Boy A Cop Showed Up Checked My Boys Papers Cuz I Wasnt Riding An Said Just Make Sure U Keep It HERE And Not The Strreet And Left....... Mabye Something Could Be Done..
Old 09-11-2008, 01:05 AM
Thread Killer!!!

Originally Posted by NASTYNATE3E
Thats Pretty Sick.. I Wish They Had A Legit Spot Somewhere In Nyc...
But I Doubt Anyone Would Even Care To Listen.. If They Are Not Making Money Of City Streets Then They Dont Wanna Hear ****.. I Mean I Was At Hunts Point In The Bx Just Me And My Boy A Cop Showed Up Checked My Boys Papers Cuz I Wasnt Riding An Said Just Make Sure U Keep It HERE And Not The Strreet And Left....... Mabye Something Could Be Done..
It's Deff worth a try, I never would;ve thought I could get it after the patrol car incident. I guess maybe they figure it would save them gas money and maybe even the cost of buying more cars to replace wrecked ones
Old 09-11-2008, 01:10 AM

12oclocker is an unknown quantity at this point

THORPE you kick ***!
Old 09-11-2008, 01:12 AM
**** yo couch!!

Nasty nate! is a jewel in the roughNasty nate! is a jewel in the roughNasty nate! is a jewel in the roughNasty nate! is a jewel in the rough

i mean even if they do open up a legit spot.. not everyone stunts. so who ever loves the highway will stay on the highway cuz they cant do slow wheelies. so they will still c ppl rocking the streets
Old 09-11-2008, 01:16 AM
Thread Killer!!!

Originally Posted by 12oclocker
THORPE you kick ***!
No no no no no no ........ Ok maybe i do

Originally Posted by NASTYNATE3E
i mean even if they do open up a legit spot.. not everyone stunts. so who ever loves the highway will stay on the highway cuz they cant do slow wheelies. so they will still c ppl rocking the streets
Maybe so, but, You could have your spot to ride worry free and they won't be your problem if you stay legit
Old 09-11-2008, 01:36 AM

DIRTYJEFF636s is a decent person

Originally Posted by 12oclocker
THORPE you kick ***!
Old 09-11-2008, 01:43 AM

twentythreemx is a decent person
Re: Get LEGAL spot-How-to

i talked to some local businesses recently trying to do something.. nothing yet. my next idea is possibly talking to some churches. theres sooo many around with such huge nice lots that are empty all the time. and at least if they tell me to **** off.. they will probably be nice about it?? hahaahaha...

city here is all *** holes itll never happen.. but we gotta do somethin. getin fat sittin around
Old 09-11-2008, 01:45 AM

DIRTYJEFF636s is a decent person

my new job i'm starting soon has 5 warehouses and the newest one, has a few people working there and it's ******* huge. u could do a highchair and close ur eyes and u wouldn't hit anything
Old 09-11-2008, 03:24 AM

07Rsixxer is a decent person

Originally Posted by twentythreemx
i talked to some local businesses recently trying to do something.. nothing yet. my next idea is possibly talking to some churches. theres sooo many around with such huge nice lots that are empty all the time. and at least if they tell me to **** off.. they will probably be nice about it?? hahaahaha...

city here is all *** holes itll never happen.. but we gotta do somethin. getin fat sittin around
one of our really good spots was at a church. the closest houses are like a mile away. well one night one of those houses herd my buddy with no pipe on his bike doing revlimit HC burnouts and called us in, around 10 patrol cars came swarming in just to tell us to leave... lol
Old 09-11-2008, 05:53 AM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

thats it im moving to kosciusko, MS
Old 09-11-2008, 08:49 AM
Back to North Carolina...

weirdsteve is a decent person

that could only happen in a small town.
Old 09-11-2008, 09:32 AM
FECAL FANATIC

thumpmonkey is a decent person

In my town i am only one of maybe 4 stunters which sucks cause we are learning by trial and error. Yeah I was doing parking lot gas tank and 12o standup wheelies last night in a parking lot and a cop was watching me and a friend do this. He eventually came over and said we needed to go somewhere else like a city park lot that was empty to play. gave us a good job for not being on the road and recommended a few parks. we headed out for a park and played there the rest of the night with only a few spectators watching us. WE HAVE A NEW PLACE TO PLAY!:YEAH
Old 09-11-2008, 10:48 AM

Mikey SBF will become famous soon enoughMikey SBF will become famous soon enough

bigger towns wouldnt have it

and yeah my town wont have it and its not a big town

guess it just depends on the people
Old 09-11-2008, 11:54 AM
www.tobefast.com

YogiR6 is a decent person

Yeag, I am workin on this right now with my city. they recently tore down a skate park which is paved in incredile, smooth concrete that has great grip. I got in the same kind of place with a cop i knew real well and they said all I had to have was a waiver. I just cant seem to get to the YMCA becasue they own the spot, right now.
Old 09-11-2008, 12:08 PM

bikefreak600 is an unknown quantity at this point

i have about the same spot. huge circle on a dead end road about 2 miles outside city limits. its hidden only people that see me are trains going by. hopefully cops dont ever wander back there when im there, and i dont do any burnouts so no evidence of me being there
Old 09-11-2008, 12:51 PM
Thread Killer!!!

The main thing that sux about all this having a leagal spot to ride is that There is only 1 other guy besides me that tries to stunt and he is learning on a crf230

Over the past year I've had 3 other people that tried to get into it, 1 moved away and sold his bike, the other 2 just lost patience and gave up trying to learn.

My dad does come out some and kill the footdrag circle wheelies on his pit bike (He's 50) so that helps but it is hard to find people that are dedicated to this **** when its only a few people that even own bikes in my town.

Anybody that wants to ride at the spot is welcome to bad its so far away from everybody.

I hope other people have luck with getting their spot, just remember to stay persistant and act really "Responsible" when you go to talk with them.
Old 09-11-2008, 02:25 PM

Steveowit3os is a decent person

we need a nyc/westchester stunt spot lets find a spot and try it ne one from around ny let me know whats good..
Old 09-11-2008, 02:32 PM

Scott@STUNTERS is an unknown quantity at this point

Nice one Thorpe... very nice to have a spot that you know will not get busted....
Old 09-11-2008, 03:14 PM
IV
"bitchen"

IV will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Scott@STUNTERS
Nice one Thorpe... very nice to have a spot that you know will not get busted....
speaking of, what is that little bldg. they are putting up in front of "mexico" and is it open for biz yet? my motor is cracked so i havent been out there in like a month but when i saw them building it i thought "damn! that place is gonna work on the weekends and call the po pos on us"

GOOD JOB THORPE. now you never have to worry again!

Quick Reply: Get LEGAL spot-How-to