slipped/ruptured disk

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2008, 11:27 PM
I Chose to No Longer Post

Ryan S is a decent person
Re: slipped/ruptured disk

damn bro sucks to hear this.... Don't fall into the land of pain pills though just to ride...
Old 09-10-2008, 11:46 PM
Thread Killer!!!

THORPE is a decent person

Originally Posted by sdfkillz
update on my condition is:
i got confirmation from the mri that i have a bulging disc between my c5 and c6 and a moderately large herniation between my c6 and c7.
after a couple weeks with the pain intensifying i was gettin real scared. looking at surgery was not making me feel good as the process for an anterior discectamy is brutal as **** and doesnt even really solve the problem and really just opens the door for more surgeries down the road. well i decided id try the chiropracter. in the days before i seen him i was in so much pain that i could not sleep, i would sleep like maybe 30 mins and wake back up in real bad pain. pain killers wouldnt do a whole lot and i ended up getting sick from them so i couldnt take em no more. i went and saw the chiro on tuesday and he did the x rays and showed me a few things. i have a flattend spine, my curvatures have planed out alot, i have a real bad habit of sleeping on couches and crap plus all the miles on my bike doesnt help, and i had some vertebre out of alignment and a couple areas 1 of them being right under where my disc problems had started. he made a couple adjustments that day and it relieved some tension immediately, i felt alot more range of motion although still alot of pain from the nerve being compressed by the disk. i hardly slept at all last night and could only get some rest when i laid on an ice pack, i was up pacing most of the night and this morning. i went and saw him again today at 930am sill in alot of pain and he then adjusted 2 more places. esentially he was making adjustments starting at the bottom of where my problem started and moving up. again i felt even more range of motion immediately and some pressure release but still quite a bit of pain. a few hours after being out of his office and i feel 100% better. i did my best to keep my head moving as motion helps the discs receed in the swelling and i kept feeling better and better. i still have the slight numbness in my fingers and some pain with some movements but i feel real confident that as the disc swelling receeds more im going to be feeling better than i did before the injury. he adjust my lower back and my shoulders and i feel like im 20 lbs lighter on my feet. i have some more visits to do so hopefully things keep looking up for me, thanks everyone for all the info and advice, i was real scared for a bit that i might not be able to ride again.

Glad to hear the chiro is working for you bro :YEAH I'm also glad to see you went to the chiro intead of further med treatment.

I am sold completely on them and have just about come to a point that I think Medical doctors work for the Devil

I just had my back go out for some unkown reason this past saturday & missed my only chance to ride and had to wait till Monday to go see my chiro.
I couldn't stand up straight and it hurt to even breath when I walked in. After my adjustments I couldn't even find the spot where the pain was anymore it did that much good that quick!

It helps a little to take your anti-inflamitories for a few days till the swelling goes down and then you'll be set.

As long as you stick to the schedule he gives you, you will pretty much be able to do whatever you want. I wanted to start back in weight lifting last year but couldn't because of the pain in my neck and shoulder. Within a week I was in the gym and he even gave me a few tips to gain faster and lose fat while i was at it, so it was the exact opposite of what the Med Dr. told me, take it easy and NO heavy lifting

Good luck with your back bro and take care of it cause it's the only one you'll ever get
Old 09-11-2008, 12:28 AM

sdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Ryan S
damn bro sucks to hear this.... Don't fall into the land of pain pills though just to ride...
nah im very careful with that crap. im actually very anti drug. i dont even like drinking caffiene. i was only taking the pills when i couldnt stand it anymore, i got sick not cuz i took a bunch it was actually only from one tramadol, a pretty mild pain killer. i think my body just had a bad reaction to it, which further cements my dislike of pain medications, i usually tough it out but the pain on top of the lack of sleep was getting the best of me.
Old 09-11-2008, 12:34 AM

DIRTYJEFF636s is a decent person

glad ur getting better
Old 09-11-2008, 12:34 AM

sdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by THORPE
Glad to hear the chiro is working for you bro :YEAH I'm also glad to see you went to the chiro intead of further med treatment.

I am sold completely on them and have just about come to a point that I think Medical doctors work for the Devil

I just had my back go out for some unkown reason this past saturday & missed my only chance to ride and had to wait till Monday to go see my chiro.
I couldn't stand up straight and it hurt to even breath when I walked in. After my adjustments I couldn't even find the spot where the pain was anymore it did that much good that quick!

It helps a little to take your anti-inflamitories for a few days till the swelling goes down and then you'll be set.

As long as you stick to the schedule he gives you, you will pretty much be able to do whatever you want. I wanted to start back in weight lifting last year but couldn't because of the pain in my neck and shoulder. Within a week I was in the gym and he even gave me a few tips to gain faster and lose fat while i was at it, so it was the exact opposite of what the Med Dr. told me, take it easy and NO heavy lifting

Good luck with your back bro and take care of it cause it's the only one you'll ever get
yah i was a bit of a skeptic before honestly but i have def been convinced. i only wish i had gone to see one before all this and prob couldve avoided the whole downward spiral that caused my disc to herniate. i used to think "oh id go see one but theyre expensive" which is really the stupidest thing i ever thought. so far ive paid 110 dollars for 2 visits which included the x rays. i get a deal cuz its my nieces bf's dad but even the regular cost which is 100 for x rays 80 for the initial consultation and adjustment and then 50 for each vist after that( i currently pay 30 per visit) its still alot cheaper than my visit to the emergency room, 1 bottle of muslce relaxers, 1 bottle of steroids, 2 bottles of narco pain relievers, 1 bottle of nsaid's and MRI and another doctors visit. prob a couple thousand dollars right there that my insurance shelled out. AND I ******* MISSED HOLLYWOODS BLOCK PARTY all cuz i didnt wanna spend a little change to ensure good health. go see a ****** chiro everyone even if you feel good,i bet youll feel even better after you leave.
Old 09-11-2008, 12:36 AM

Originally Posted by DIRTYJEFF636s
glad ur getting better
thanks man, unfortunately i still dont think im gonna be able to hit up ride of the century, im nervous that 18 hours in a car might cause me some issues this soon into recovering.