Undercutting Other Riders !!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2008, 12:16 PM

Tony L can only hope to improve
Re: Undercutting Other Riders !!!!

Originally Posted by BOXVAN!!!!!!!!!
IF YOU HAV'NT NOTICED YET YOU NEED A REAL JOB TO MAKE IT IN STREET BIKE FREESTYLE!!!

YES U WOKE UP ON THE WRONG SIDE OF THE BED BUT IT REALLY PISSES ME OFF TO SEE YOU GUYS ARGUE OVER MONEY WHEN I WOULD GIVE MY RIGHT NUT JUST TO BE ABLE TO RIDE AGAIN!!!

GRAHAM
gram i've done this for 2 years. let me ask you this are you getting paid to sit at home right now out of work, because you got hurt riding? and are you paying for all your own parts?

you saying ride for fun is like telling

pastrana to jump for free, Dale jr. to race for free, roger hayden who just lost his finger in a wreck to race for free. if you want to ride for fun thats cool but dont knock the people who make a living doing it.
Old 09-05-2008, 12:21 PM

crazy636stunter is a decent person

Originally Posted by Ryan S
i don't get how people can live off the LITTLE money they got from this......you can't even pay bills with that

who makes a living stunt riding? people need to stop dreaming, and go to work. after your work day is done, go ride your damn bike for fun!
Old 09-05-2008, 12:22 PM
I Chose to No Longer Post

Ryan S is a decent person

lol no, nobody does this as a living......bhahahahahaha stuntlife makes me laugh now........seriously cracks me up.
Old 09-05-2008, 12:23 PM

MY LITTLE GIRL IS DUE ON DEC. 25 SO I PROBABLY WON'T BE THERE THIS YEAR BUT I WILL NEVER QUIT STUNTING NO MATTER WHAT SO YOU WILL SEE ME EVENTUALLY!!!
i have a son this job pays weather i'm hurt or healthy. what do you think a normal job would say when u tell them u need a month off to go ride overseas?

Old 09-05-2008, 12:23 PM
WWW.Sickinnovations.com

Suicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by MikeM
The only thing worse than a show undercutter is a half assed call out.

Either call the guy out or dont. If you're not gonna do it, dont start the thread.
True
Old 09-05-2008, 12:24 PM

Originally Posted by Tony L
gram i've done this for 2 years. let me ask you this are you getting paid to sit at home right now out of work, because you got hurt riding? and are you paying for all your own parts?

pastrana to jump for free, Dale jr. to race for free, roger hayden who just lost his finger in a wreck to race for free. if you want to ride for fun thats cool but dont knock the people who make a living doing it.

are you kidding me? your trying to compare stunt riding to nascar, and ama racing?
Old 09-05-2008, 12:25 PM
Yea...I got that!

Reckless01 is a decent person

Honestly you get what you pay for in anything! Let the guys do whatever, I mean if they undercut you by $2300 then the guy will get what he paid for!! Maybe your business proposal to the customer started out wrong. You need to set up a meeting and have the customer explain what they want and then ask them their budget! If they tell you they have a $5000 budget then you need to help them spend it. If they are willing to let another team do a show for $2300 less then they have no idea what they are lookin at! I am a licensed demolition contractor by trade, I have been undercut on jobs I KNOW were going to cost me more than the people bid. I just sit back and watch the other guys **** up and fail and then I go do the job for the original amount + whatever it already cost them to watch the other company fail! I wouldn't be pissed at them for undercutting you because hey...seriously its part of being in business...that is what they call it when you do something for money.....I'd be pissed at the folks who buy substandard services!! Heres an idea, offer to put on a sample show for them, ask them to do the same with your competition and make a decision as to who will do the best job for them! Maybe instead of getting mad at the other guys (competition) get mad at yourself for not marketing yourself better or being more competitive in pricing! I'm no body in this scene but I HAVE been running a successful business for several years now by being competitive and knowing how to bid jobs in tune with the customer's budget! Just my .02 but I think your efforts would be better spent getting your price scale straight and building value in you and the service you provide. Do that and you'll be untouchable!
Old 09-05-2008, 12:28 PM

Originally Posted by Reckless01
Honestly you get what you pay for in anything! Let the guys do whatever, I mean if they undercut you by $2300 then the guy will get what he paid for!! Maybe your business proposal to the customer started out wrong. You need to set up a meeting and have the customer explain what they want and then ask them their budget! If they tell you they have a $5000 budget then you need to help them spend it. If they are willing to let another team do a show for $2300 less then they have no idea what they are lookin at! I am a licensed demolition contractor by trade, I have been undercut on jobs I KNOW were going to cost me more than the people bid. I just sit back and watch the other guys **** up and fail and then I go do the job for the original amount + whatever it already cost them to watch the other company fail! I wouldn't be pissed at them for undercutting you because hey...seriously its part of being in business...that is what they call it when you do something for money.....I'd be pissed at the folks who buy substandard services!! Heres an idea, offer to put on a sample show for them, ask them to do the same with your competition and make a decision as to who will do the best job for them! Maybe instead of getting mad at the other guys (competition) get mad at yourself for not marketing yourself better or being more competitive in pricing! I'm no body in this scene but I HAVE been running a successful business for several years now by being competitive and knowing how to bid jobs in tune with the customer's budget! Just my .02 but I think your efforts would be better spent getting your price scale straight and building value in you and the service you provide. Do that and you'll be untouchable!
+10000000000 sell your service, not your price!
Old 09-05-2008, 12:31 PM

[quote=Ryan S;3494485]lol no, nobody does this as a living......bhahahahahaha stuntlife makes me laugh now........seriously cracks me up.[/quote

you are correct ryan! people do stunt for a living... then they bitch and moan about not making enough money.
Old 09-05-2008, 12:31 PM

BOXVAN!!!!!!!!! will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Ryan S
graham, you don't have to tell me to ride for fun.....trust me, i know what your going through, not the same, but i do know what your going through.....ride for fun, not money....yeah, that works, until 7 years later you have bills, and trying to sustain all that through stunt riding.....and i always hear people ask why the "sport" aint going anywhere......writing is on the walls my friends, writing is on the walls.
NO OFFENSE! (LIKE RICKY BOBBY WOULD SAY)

BUT YOU GUYS THINK THIS SPORT IS'NT GOING ANYWHERE BECAUSE PEOPLE ARE UNDER CHARGING FOR SHOWS??? THE PROBLEM IS YOU GUYS EXPECT IT TO BE A GOLD MINE AND IT IS'NT

YOU GUYS ARE STUPID IF YOU THINK OVER CHARGING FOR SHOWS IS MAKING OUR SPORT GO SOMWHERE!!!
NOBODY EVEN HEARS ABOUT YOUR STUPID SHOWS AND THAT INCLUDES SPONSORS, TV SHOWS, ETC.

THE ONLY THING BRINGING OUR SPORT ANYWHERE IS MAGAZINES, TV SHOWS, AND MOST OF ALL THOMAS WHO HAS DONE MORE FOR OUR SPORT IN A YEAR THEN YOUR OVER PRICED SHOWS WILL IN A LIFETIME!!!

WAKE UP YOU GUYS!!!

OVER PRICED SHOWS TAKING OUR SPORT SOMWHERE I DID'NT KNOW YOU WAS THAT IGNORANT!!!

IF YOU REALLY WANT TO TAKE OUR SPORT SOMWHERE THAN GO TO MORE XDL EVENTS AND SUPPORT THE ONE GUY THAT IS DOING SOMETHING GOOD FOR US AS A SPORT!!! NO ONE CARES ABOUT YOUR SHOWS!

O YEAH AND IF YOU GUYS THINK YOU DESERVE BIG MONEY FOR SHOWS THEN HOW MUCH WOULD BILL D, NICK APEX,ERNIE VIGEL, SAVAGE LIN, NUMBER 2, LUKE DUKE, BRIAN BUBBASH, DAN JACKSON, ETC. DESERVE??? BECAUSE YOU GUYS ARE SQUIDS COMPARED TO THESE GUYS! IF YOU GUYS WAS REALLY WORTH BIG MONEY THEN YOU GUYS WOULD NOT BE HIDING FROM ALL THE COMPS AND STICKING TO YOUR GAY *** SHOWS THAT DESERVE NO RIDING CREDIT!!!(YOU CAN DO A SIMPLE SEAT STANDER AND AWW A SHOW BUT IF YOU DO THAT AT A COMP NO ONE WILL EVEN TURN A HEAD!!!

JUST THINK ABOUT WHAT I'M SAYING!

GRAHAM
Old 09-05-2008, 12:34 PM

Originally Posted by crazy636stunter
who makes a living stunt riding? people need to stop dreaming, and go to work. after your work day is done, go ride your damn bike for fun!
you let me know how far you get when you ride for free every week.... someday somone will ask you to do a show for $ will you turn it down because u ride for free? Don't be ignorant your just looking for a fight. It may not be a good living but its a living.

who makes a living?

Teach,
Joe Vertical
Kane
Darius
Nick Apex
Edub
Ryan s.
Myself
Ac
Pfieffer
Alex Flores
Aaron Colton
the list goes on...
Old 09-05-2008, 12:36 PM

rockstarbilly is a decent person

hey boxvan man your a arss whip. you forgot billy da kids name in there to. lol
Old 09-05-2008, 12:39 PM

Timmy P is a decent person

Hey not everybody is using stunting as a living. its like weekend side work for me but I have a lot of fun doing it. not like I get 500 bucks or anything but its nice to practice and get paid and get the girls all over ya. If hes charging so much that hes getting under cut 2000 hes got somthing realy big going on and its not just some stupid bike night show. or mabe it is but our team gets about 1000-2000 a show. not like we're all pros but we got Mitch and Niles tearing it up with us. So I see were Tony is coming from. Its good to know that there are **** out there ****** **** up for everyone else like a decent show can be had for 500 bucks. **** that we need to raise the bar and be demanding of what we are worth. when I do a show I ride harder and tear my **** up .. thats why the croud is there.. so why would I be hard on me and my bike for free? yeah I would take about 5 shows to buy a decent motor but its better than nothing. we need to help each other out.. dont get all oh I would ride in a show for free anyday.. do it a few times and see if it would be better leaving with a few hundred in your pocket..
Old 09-05-2008, 12:40 PM

you let me know how far you get when you ride for free every week.... someday somone will ask you to do a show for $ will you turn it down because u ride for free? Don't be ignorant your just looking for a fight. It may not be a good living but its a living.

who makes a living?

Teach,
Joe Vertical
Kane
Darius
Nick Apex
Edub
Ryan s.
Myself
Ac
Pfieffer
Alex Flores
Aaron Colton
the list goes on...
this is where you are confused! i do not, and never will ride for money! i own a business, and that is how i provide for my family. i worked for the same comp. for 12 years before purchasing my own franchise. im not hating on you for charging for shows! all i am saying is if you depend on stunt shows to pay your bills, your going to struggle sometimes.
Old 09-05-2008, 12:44 PM

ACTUALLY YES I AM GETTING PAID TO TYPE THIS RIGHT NOW BECAUSE I'M A BOILER MAKER THAT GETS UNEMPLOYMENT WHILE I'M NOT WORKING!
YEAH I DON'T HAVE INSURANCE BUT IT JUST RAN OUT ONE WEEK BEFORE XDL NASHVILLE. BUT AS SOON AS I GO BACK TO WORK AT MY REAL JOB IT WILL KICK BACK IN!

I DON'T KNOW IF YOU GUYS NOTICED OR NOT BUT I HAVE ALL KINDS OF PEOPLE RASING MONEY FOR ME BECAUSE I RECKED. NOT BECAUSE I DO SHOWS, NOT BECAUSE I LIVE OFF OF STUNTING, IT'S BECAUSE I AM A GOOD GUY WHO RIDES FOR ALL THE RIGHT REASONS AND NONE OF THE WRONG ONES!

AND YES I DO GET MY PARTS FOR FREE NOT TO MENTION ALL OF MY MECHANIC WORK!

AND YOU JUST MADE YOUR SELF LOOK REALLY STUPID COMPARING YOUR SELF TO ROGER HAYDEN, DALE JR., AND TRAVIS PASTRANA!
SORRY BUD BUT YOU NEED TO REALIZE THAT YOU ARE GOING TO HAVE TO GET A REAL JOB SOONER OR LATER!!! BECAUSE THIS IS NOT MOTOCROSS, NASCARR, OR MOTO GP
AND IF YOU MAKE A LIVING DOING THIS THAN WHY WAS THE STARBOYZ STUNT FEST THE ONLY THING I'VE SEEN YOU AT! IF IT WAS'NT FOR THAT I WOULD'NT EVEN KNOW WHO YOU ARE!

GRAHAM
Old 09-05-2008, 12:45 PM

Originally Posted by crazy636stunter
this is where you are confused! i do not, and never will ride for money! i own a business, and that is how i provide for my family. i worked for the same comp. for 12 years before purchasing my own franchise. im not hating on you for charging for shows! all i am saying is if you depend on stunt shows to pay your bills, your going to struggle sometimes.
Old 09-05-2008, 12:45 PM

Unknown_Tom is a splendid one to beholdUnknown_Tom is a splendid one to beholdUnknown_Tom is a splendid one to beholdUnknown_Tom is a splendid one to beholdUnknown_Tom is a splendid one to beholdUnknown_Tom is a splendid one to beholdUnknown_Tom is a splendid one to beholdUnknown_Tom is a splendid one to behold

Graham are you really yelling or you just don't want to take the caps off cause your hands broken?? Maybe you can write in all lower case so it doesn't look like you're yelling.
Old 09-05-2008, 12:46 PM

brandon1566 is a decent person

I ride for free everyday, when something breaks I fix it grant it that I suck but I do it for the fun of busting my *** and getting back up to do it again.

I understand needin to get payed if you are going over seas and junk, but b/c you got undercut just means they were willin to take the hit and do the show for less to get the **** done.
Old 09-05-2008, 12:49 PM
WWW.Sickinnovations.com

Suicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to behold

ACTUALLY YES I AM GETTING PAID TO TYPE THIS RIGHT NOW BECAUSE I'M A BOILER MAKER THAT GETS UNEMPLOYMENT WHILE I'M NOT WORKING!
YEAH I DON'T HAVE INSURANCE BUT IT JUST RAN OUT ONE WEEK BEFORE XDL NASHVILLE. BUT AS SOON AS I GO BACK TO WORK AT MY REAL JOB IT WILL KICK BACK IN!

I DON'T KNOW IF YOU GUYS NOTICED OR NOT BUT I HAVE ALL KINDS OF PEOPLE RASING MONEY FOR ME BECAUSE I RECKED. NOT BECAUSE I DO SHOWS, NOT BECAUSE I LIVE OFF OF STUNTING, IT'S BECAUSE I AM A GOOD GUY WHO RIDES FOR ALL THE RIGHT REASONS AND NONE OF THE WRONG ONES!

AND YES I DO GET MY PARTS FOR FREE NOT TO MENTION ALL OF MY MECHANIC WORK!

AND YOU JUST MADE YOUR SELF LOOK REALLY STUPID COMPARING YOUR SELF TO ROGER HAYDEN, DALE JR., AND TRAVIS PASTRANA!
SORRY BUD BUT YOU NEED TO REALIZE THAT YOU ARE GOING TO HAVE TO GET A REAL JOB SOONER OR LATER!!! BECAUSE THIS IS NOT MOTOCROSS, NASCARR, OR MOTO GP
AND IF YOU MAKE A LIVING DOING THIS THAN WHY WAS THE STARBOYZ STUNT FEST THE ONLY THING I'VE SEEN YOU AT! IF IT WAS'NT FOR THAT I WOULD'NT EVEN KNOW WHO YOU ARE!

GRAHAM
Why not everyone that competes at XDL think they are. Hmmmmmmmm

never mind i am not getting into this any more. i will just work and pay for my ****. its been the American way for ever. it sounds like there are a lot of lazy people that are afraid to get there hands dirty actually working for a living

i am done with this

Last edited by Suicidl; 09-05-2008 at 12:52 PM.
Old 09-05-2008, 12:51 PM
da fiddy bitches!!!

50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute

I have a kid, house, rig, insurance, wife, & all the other bs i spend money on every month i dont know how people do it.

on a lighter note i'm eating a hot pocket
just to let you know bro, if I could do it, I would its business, i have mouths to feed and bills to pay too

Quick Reply: Undercutting Other Riders !!!!