cops fucked me

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2008, 03:10 AM

SIC J is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: cops fucked me

Is the writing permission from the owner of the property or owner of the resturant?
Old 08-31-2008, 03:15 AM
unemployment anonymous

wheelburns is a jewel in the roughwheelburns is a jewel in the roughwheelburns is a jewel in the roughwheelburns is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by DURTY-636
thats where alot of money and permits where spent to get that set up proper. You are also talking about Maine not California or Florida where there are more people in one city than in the whole state of Maine all the road coarses that are set up for formula one, indy car are always completely blocked from public access. I don't think kyle should have got fucked like that. but you can guarantee that more of this is coming in florida when the new law starts in October. i know i will be riding my bike to the spot so i can RUN
i know what your saying but its the same in any rally event where your standing practiacally on the track and theres no enrty fee or tickets or waiver involved.

I dont live in maine but i do make the trip every year for the rally and when travis pastrana is going by you at 130 sideways on a dirt/gravel road its pretty sick.

This new law is makin me not want to make the trip down for bike week.
Old 08-31-2008, 04:02 AM

dirty mike is a decent person

wow kyle...WTF?!....ive never been in CA but in the CO and vegas....if your in a privately owned lot a cop cant do anything unless requested so by an owner...
(case in point: accident in mall parking lot is handled by security, not police....its privately owned....cops only have "jurisdiction" if requested assistance from owner of the lot)
so unless the cops were called by the owner of the lot you should be ok....problem is a lor of businesses RENT the biuldings they work out of but the lot and land is actuallyowned by someone else.....
but if you had a waiver signed.....it should be the businesses liability...and court costs or cost for your bike should be on them (aka....push them to take care of this for you or else kinda thing)
but as far as the driving there thing....ya your kinda SOL..... altho i know in vegas if a cop stops you on BS charges then all tickets ae dropped (pulls you over for exhaust (not a moving violation, not supposed to be pulled over for that and only that) and you end up having no license...it all gets dropped cuz the cop had no probable cause to stop you....illegitimate arrest or soem ****?)
but best of luck let me know how it goes
Old 08-31-2008, 04:28 AM
Bacons Hot, Need a Spot

cjoec01 has much to be proud ofcjoec01 has much to be proud ofcjoec01 has much to be proud ofcjoec01 has much to be proud ofcjoec01 has much to be proud ofcjoec01 has much to be proud ofcjoec01 has much to be proud ofcjoec01 has much to be proud ofcjoec01 has much to be proud ofcjoec01 has much to be proud of

After getting my reckless dismissed I asked my lawery about the private property and cones/blocking it off. Here in Hi he told me if its not maintained by the state or county it's not public, that being so I don't need to block it off being private property, Its not public. Also have liability/permission in writing from owner or manager redy to go. Some states reckless and Dui blanket on to private property, ex. the guy who gets a dui on a riding mower in his front yard kicking a few back.
Old 08-31-2008, 07:26 AM

MartinSLP is a decent person

i miss jurupa
Old 08-31-2008, 08:05 AM

crashtest 750 has a spectacular aura aboutcrashtest 750 has a spectacular aura aboutcrashtest 750 has a spectacular aura about

If you were on private property get the owner to sign a concent and liability form. The cops can only charge you with tresspassing.
Old 08-31-2008, 09:16 AM
Jim CrashoBazzi

imafrogg420 is a decent person

Originally Posted by nags
There is no such thing as a legal spot to ride no matter who gives you permission.
if thats true, thats some bullshit.

If I own land, its my property and I will do whatever the **** I want on it. As long as its legal, then whats the problem. its ******* america for christ sakes.

Same goes with every one else. if you own the land how the **** are cops going to tell you, you can't let people ride on it.

dude **** The Police seriously.
Old 08-31-2008, 09:36 AM

investor7523 is a decent person

Originally Posted by imafrogg420
if thats true, thats some bullshit.

If I own land, its my property and I will do whatever the **** I want on it. As long as its legal, then whats the problem. its ******* america for christ sakes.

Same goes with every one else. if you own the land how the **** are cops going to tell you, you can't let people ride on it.

dude **** The Police seriously.

+1, theyre *****, and they do whatever the hell they want. theyre lazy fat ***** that cant manage a pull-up to save their life. im sick of their absolute powers. take away the mighty uniform they hide behind and they are NOTHING but one big inflated ego.
Old 08-31-2008, 09:38 AM
STUNTRIDE FRONTLINE

-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of

ramen noodles
Old 08-31-2008, 11:10 AM

krazykyle85 is a decent person

****! im soo bumm'n on this ****. im not sure if i should spend the money on a attorney. im going to try an talk to owner on tuesday. and as soon as i get the waiver an something written from him then i am going to try an talk to the watch commander of ontario PD and/or there car detective for the task force they have right now out to get bikers.

the worst part is like nags said theres still no were legal to ride. and i aint running on my stunter, my R1 was one thing but id never do it on the 636. the cop said if its my parking lot i can do whatever i want there, but the fact that i jus have permission to be there then that makes it public highway?! cause i get a ticket jus same as i would if i was killn the streets.

bwwahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!
dgtsijpf jbl ****
Old 08-31-2008, 11:31 AM

NHRR-RIDER is a decent person

Originally Posted by crashtest 750
If you were on private property get the owner to sign a concent and liability form. The cops can only charge you with tresspassing.
true but only if the owner calls on you. up here in NH you can walk onto someones property slip and fall then sue them for not safely maintaining their property! unless they tell you to leave before it happens. so unless the owner of the property called the cops they had no right to show up and break up the riders. but just bring the waiver, the people putting the bike night on, and the owner of the property and they'll probably dismiss the case. good luck!
Old 08-31-2008, 11:57 AM

XtraMedium is an unknown quantity at this point

The cops here can write a ticket anywhere anytime for stuntin......regardless of weither or not the lot is blocked off......I made one show me the law in the book to prove it.....and according to the way the law is written in North Little Rock Arkansas you can be ticketed for rideing wheelies in you own yard...I would check the actual law you were ticketed for breaking and see how its worded because the language of the law is how they **** you and the interpretation of the law is up to the office enforceing it until you go to court...you are prolly fucked on the driveing on suspended...but you may be able to beat the other charge especially if you have video to prove you werent being careless/wreckless and you are maintaining control of the bike (changeing speed while on one wheel, turning, stopping/stalling then continueing forward) and the owner goes to court with you to prove he di dhire you to do a show

and yes get a lawyer....I will not ever go to court without one they are worth the money

Last edited by XtraMedium; 08-31-2008 at 12:00 PM.
Old 08-31-2008, 12:04 PM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

any time the other side has a lawyer i get a lawyer and in this case the DA has a whole office of lawyers on his side
Old 08-31-2008, 01:00 PM

krazykyle85 is a decent person

damn. i was gonna try an not get a lawyer. but maybe i should. ****!
Old 08-31-2008, 01:03 PM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

Originally Posted by krazykyle85
damn. i was gonna try an not get a lawyer. but maybe i should. ****!
im not suggesting one or the other , just what i would do if it were me
Old 08-31-2008, 01:09 PM

trickdaddy20 is an unknown quantity at this point

seriously guys this is why the cops give us such a hard time. any lawyer will tell you that just because onelaw says one thing doesnt mean that an other law cant over rule it we had the same **** happen to us in charlotte nc pig tried giving us wreckless tickets we got a laywer and it took him all of 5 mins in court to get it thrown out you have to be on public property private property means private but you do have to watch out for zoning laws. if we show that we can understand the law they might not mess with us as much
Old 08-31-2008, 03:22 PM

zride is an unknown quantity at this point

In terms of lawyer no lawyer....do it yourself. You can do the research, google earth the area, bring in blown up images with exactly you were doing, bring in exhibits, paper work to battle. The judge will see you are trying. You dont need a lawyer to prove your innocences if you know how to present yourself. It worked for me. Like OMR is saying the DA has hella attornies but you come in, dressed up in suit and tie, with paper work and exhibits prepared to prove yourself the judge will see you are a person capable of proving your own innocence and they may dismiss or offer you a deal or something to expedite the case. Sometimes when DA have other cases more important they want those to go to trial. Smaller cases they would rather be rapid. So they really dont want small cases going to trial because it wastes everyones time......Try it......It work for me on a particular case and I was able to get mine reduced......Good Luck.....The lawyer is a rip off. They took me for 3500 and all I got was a lame police report. I fired him and did it myself. Only thing is the judge may ask you a few questions to see if you are capable of representing yourself but not a problem.. Good Luck

PS....get that police report so you can prove what they are saying in the report is BS!

Last edited by zride; 08-31-2008 at 03:30 PM.
Old 08-31-2008, 03:53 PM

-Knowles- is a decent person

Damn that sucks...we have permission at a local bike shop to use their lot after close anytime we want and a cop came out there this week and asked if we had permission we told him yes so he said "well in that case i'm gonna sit and enjoy the show!!!!" just parked in the corner and watched then went to the owner the next day and questioned him because he thought we were lying to him and the owner told him we did so we were in the clear haven't seen them since!!!
Old 08-31-2008, 04:08 PM
Wheelie Ninja!

Kaneone is a decent person

if you can prove that you have permisson, were on private property, and that the cops did not wittness you drop your bike at any time.. as well that you have entered a competition on your bike for money..

if you can prove all of the above, not only can you get the ticket dropped you can call the impound officer for the dept that had your bike impounded, and not only will he have to release your bike, they will pay the impound fees..

wont cost you anything but a headache and time..

i know this for fact cause same thing happened to me at the alton spot in irvine 2 years ago..

now go do work!

-kane
Old 08-31-2008, 04:11 PM

Scott- is an unknown quantity at this point

the hole thing was shitty i feal bad for you dog i still dont understand why they didnt **** with me

Quick Reply: cops fucked me