Air In The Brembo...

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2008, 10:05 AM

NYstunter636 is a decent person
Air In The Brembo...

what is the deal with the ****** bimbo....i always heard this handbrake is the best when it works. It never works, we sat there for at least an hour bleeding the ****** thing and it still get soft. at first it feels fine after you do a couple wheelies the thing starts to fade....we bleed it from ever hole there is it's retarded. what are we doing wrong? we have changed the banjo bolt the fittings....everything, it should work fine but it doesn't.
Old 08-27-2008, 10:13 AM

t-dogg is a decent person
Re: Air In The Brembo...

bill d's thread and a mityvac an nothing should go wrong
Old 08-27-2008, 10:48 AM

sdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of light

if your using a dual caliper set up, make sure you bleed the caliper so the bleeder nipple is facing up like it would in the stock position. also have to bleed the brembo right side up unless ur running the left hand one. you can also just switch the bleeder nipple with the banjo and line as theyre the same size thread to make it easier.....bleed, ride rebleed. ive never used anything but a clear tube to bleed my brakes and always get them rock solid with no mess. if ur using a junction valve or fullthrottle master.....well good luck some ppl make magic with those things but most ppl cant bleed em, im one of them.
Old 08-27-2008, 11:07 AM
u been huffin?

f4ibry is an unknown quantity at this point

ya if ur using a junction valve, its prolly sucking air...i had mine hoseclamped and kwiksteeld.

do u have a new brake line or is it some used ****....that may make a diff too..
Old 08-27-2008, 12:27 PM

Tiretrauma is an unknown quantity at this point

I was having the same problems and was pretty much where you are at, frustrated as hell and just pissed off. I was ready to go back to my 1000rr master that never had the problem until mr Twite told me something interesting.

Where the reservoir tube goes into the master there is a rubber fitting. Check to see if there is fluid there or if it is sweating. Mine was corroded and after a quick clean up (I ordered a rebuild kit too) it fixed the problem right up. Check this out and see if yours is bad there too, you might be getting air in that way.

Just for the record, Im still not convinced the brembo is the best...
Old 08-27-2008, 12:33 PM

Towlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of light

If it gets rock hard, but gets air back into it, then you have a leak somewhere...

Either at your banjo fittings, in your master, in your caliper, or at your junction valve if you have one....

When you get air in it, where do you bleed it again, to get the air out?? IF you bleed it AT the master, then the master is leaking, or hte banjo on the master is leaking..

If you bleed it at the junctiion valve, then the junction is leaking..

and if its at the caliper, then its the caliper or banjo..

Btw you are supposed to use NEW crush washers everytime. If you didn't use new crush washers, go buy some and try that.
Old 08-27-2008, 12:53 PM

Big R 508 is infamous around these parts

Yes brembo sometime takes you an hour to clear it up.

If you are running ho hey dual caliper then you will need to have rear caliper nipple up at the top where it used to be stock position and keep bleed till you feel stiff.

Before you do this , put brembo on the nipple on stock first then do the rest of it like i said about ho hey dual caliper.
Old 08-27-2008, 07:22 PM

we are bleeding it at every point possiable....we are using a pump i can see the bubbles coming out and then they stop coming out.....it works great on the ground, it only seems to really start to fade when he's doing a wheelie.....it's my friends brembo not mine, i guess it was feeling better to him still fading a little, i guess we aren't bleeding it enough....no dual caliper....
Old 08-27-2008, 07:28 PM

Cincykillz is a decent person

kinda dumb but his resivor or however you spell it hows it sits because if it turns upwards when hes on a wheelie your getting a handful of air??
Old 08-27-2008, 07:40 PM
Mof Diver

mofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Cincykillz
kinda dumb but his resivor or however you spell it hows it sits because if it turns upwards when hes on a wheelie your getting a handful of air??
Yeah thats what I was thinking. Mines used to do that.
Old 08-27-2008, 08:46 PM

Originally Posted by Cincykillz
never thought about that....ill look at it...but he usually fills it up all the way