Numb Hands????????

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2008, 01:03 AM

MT B RRUTHLESS is a decent person
Numb Hands????????

Well my question is does anyone get numb hands . I mean i get this numb feeling in my clutch hb hand like its asleep and it goes so numb i can't feel it on my arm anymore .I get it in the morning when i wake up,riding,etc. I ask everyone who stunts if it happens to them and if anyone knows of a way to get rid of it...
Old 08-25-2008, 01:13 AM

inolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Numb Hands????????

Go and get yourself some quality hard wrist braces to wear when you sleep at night. Wear them for a few weeks and you'll notice a big difference
Old 08-25-2008, 01:31 AM
AZ's Finest!

*Tanus* will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by inolen
Go and get yourself some quality hard wrist braces to wear when you sleep at night. Wear them for a few weeks and you'll notice a big difference
I'll have to try that, the wrist I broke 2 1/2years ago is hurting more and more everyday
Old 08-25-2008, 01:44 AM
I Love To Post!

Compton82 has much to be proud ofCompton82 has much to be proud ofCompton82 has much to be proud ofCompton82 has much to be proud ofCompton82 has much to be proud ofCompton82 has much to be proud ofCompton82 has much to be proud ofCompton82 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by *Tanus*
I'll have to try that, the wrist I broke 2 1/2years ago is hurting more and more everyday
Did you have surgery? How long before you got back to 100%

I had surgery back at the end of March and its still rediculously sore when I ride.
Old 08-25-2008, 01:51 AM

Bubash is an unknown quantity at this point

i have the same problem when i wake up, i think its cause i sleep with my arms under my head. only feel riding when its cold out. nothing works for me except shakin it out.
Old 08-25-2008, 01:59 AM

loko is an unknown quantity at this point

Go to the doctor and get some celebrex take it in the morning when your **** feels all jacked up and at night after you ride! That **** is a god send! I took it a few times and it cleared right up now anytime it starts i take it! Trust me it's good stuff.
Old 08-25-2008, 02:03 AM
AZ's Finest!

*Tanus* will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Compton82
Did you have surgery? How long before you got back to 100%

I had surgery back at the end of March and its still rediculously sore when I ride.
yeah, they had to put a screw in my scaphoid, it never got it back to %100, mabey %75 after 2-3 months. There was a complication with mine though, I couldnt get the surgery till over a month after the accident because my foot got infected and they had to fix that first. spent 18 ******* days in the hospital
Old 08-25-2008, 04:14 AM

siwanut is a decent person

stop stunting for a week or 2 and let it get better than stunting on a bruised hand and having to go through the pain for the rest of your stunting season.

get back on the bike once you've given it rest. ride like how you used to wen you're cruising, bend elbows dont put too much force on your hands.

and hope you boys feel better,

Stunt hard!
Old 08-25-2008, 07:46 AM
NealFoReal

OnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for rep

Originally Posted by MT B RRUTHLESS
Well my question is does anyone get numb hands . I mean i get this numb feeling in my clutch hb hand like its asleep and it goes so numb i can't feel it on my arm anymore .I get it in the morning when i wake up,riding,etc. I ask everyone who stunts if it happens to them and if anyone knows of a way to get rid of it...
Sorry in advance for the long story. Ive been dealing with this for the past month and a half. I just started learning seat standers and didnt wanna start with bad habits so I learned how to scissor the clutch handbrake with 1 finger on each. After a few days of practicing ss's I woke up in the morning with my left hand almost completely numb. The following day I woke up and my hand was sore and numb. Its really only the first 3 fingers that go pretty much completely numb but the whole hand has that tingly pins and needles feeling. I kept riding like that for 2 or 3 weeks until the numbness starting causing some pain from constantly clutching and using the hb. I then decided to take 2 weeks off and go see doctors. Everyone told me it was a pinched nerve in my back causing my hand to go numb. I had an MRI done about 2 weeks ago and turned out that one of the discs in my neck was pinching against my spinal cord which causes my hand to go numb. End result is I took 2 weeks off and during that time went to the chiropractor a bunch of times and just started pt where they stretch my neck with some machine and do electro shock treatments and ultrasounds and **** and im starting to feel better. BUT if I sleep on my side and stick my hand under my pillow, when I wake up in the morning my whole hand will be completely numb. Ive rode 2 days so far after taking some time off and it seems to be okay. The doctor told me that my riding and working clutch handbrake had nothing to do with anything (that was one of my questions) and that I could start riding when I felt comfortable. He said that I most likely slept wrong and bam - numb hands and pinched spinal cord. I would go to a sports medicine doctor for an MRI and also go to the chiro and pt. Taking some time off if you can would also help greatly. Hope this helped

Last edited by OnEWhEeLNEAL; 08-25-2008 at 07:50 AM.