Re: gas/octane.....does it matter??

the minimum you can get here is 95!
Old 08-26-2008, 09:43 PM
I Chose to No Longer Post

Ryan S is a decent person

Originally Posted by da Liks
the minimum you can get here is 95!
wow.....that would definately cost a lot of money to fill a vehicle's tank, it's not a big deal with a bike, but holy ****, i can only imagine a truck or car.....

i'm definately liking the higher octane, i also am running without the lower race faring, which traps heat in by the motor like crazy, with it off i'm running 20 degrees cooler on average and the motor sounds/runs a ton better......i just hate how the bike looks without the bottom fairing, but i'll trade some looks during practice for performance!
Old 08-27-2008, 01:01 AM
Say what again!

malott442 is a decent person

Originally Posted by Ryan S
wow.....that would definately cost a lot of money to fill a vehicle's tank, it's not a big deal with a bike, but holy ****, i can only imagine a truck or car.....

i'm definately liking the higher octane, i also am running without the lower race faring, which traps heat in by the motor like crazy, with it off i'm running 20 degrees cooler on average and the motor sounds/runs a ton better......i just hate how the bike looks without the bottom fairing, but i'll trade some looks during practice for performance!

Have you ran engine ice and upgraded your fans???
Old 08-27-2008, 01:07 AM
King of fukin up bikes

jrider is a glorious beacon of lightjrider is a glorious beacon of lightjrider is a glorious beacon of lightjrider is a glorious beacon of lightjrider is a glorious beacon of light

hey does the fuel injector cleaner work good on bikes and how much should i mix in a tank of gas
Old 08-27-2008, 06:53 AM
brabuhburbuh

Danger_Dave can only hope to improve

higher octane fuel will not make your motor run any cleaner or smoother or get better gas mileage or have more horsepower. the only reason different octanes are available at the pump is because some vehicles have high compression and some vehicles dont. 87 in a 14000 rpm "crotchrocket" is not a good idea and will knock or ping. but putting 104 race fuel wont make **** of a difference. seafoam? tranny fluid? power steering fluid? no thanks i dont think i want hydraulic fluid in my gas tank or anything other than gas for that matter. if you need to clean your carb then clean your carb, same thing with injectors or say you have a gasket that leaks oil and you know what needs to be done. dont be a lazy bitch and run stop leak in a bottle or gasket fix in a bottle bullshit, just replace the gasket.
Old 08-27-2008, 09:12 AM

Division1 Ryan is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Ryan S
i've always ran the lowest octane i can find......it's the cheapest and i never have had a bike in which it has made a difference, my bike has been pinging like mad when it gets hot, and lacks alot of low end hp, it's an 04 636.....i ran 93 octane in it today and it helped a little, but the motor still feels sluggish at high temps, horrible for drifting where you need good low end power.......

this thread is dirrected towards those that can and do drift, especially in high temp climates......

is it just the fact that i'm running low octane and it's warm as an old man's catheter bag on a 90 degree summer day???

If I run less than 93-92 bike bike bogs. But! I have been ridin alot this summer and have noticed that when the bike get around 230ish it runs like ****! I have to keep revvin the motor to keep the idle right. Especially if im doin O's.

Driftin I havent noticed so much cuz I get im always revvin
Old 08-27-2008, 09:20 AM
cereal killa

poni can only hope to improve

Originally Posted by jrider
hey does the fuel injector cleaner work good on bikes and how much should i mix in a tank of gas
think of it this way dude, it cleans everything from the tank to the the engine)supposively) and runs it to your injectors and into your cylinder....unless you been doing it on a regular basis i'd opt for a No on that man. just like on cars, cleans all the gunk out of the lines and delivers it to the injector...seems kinds dumb now eh?

and octane does matter, i werk at the rover dealer and we gotta run high-test in the rigs, if not engine lights start popping up, i havta run it in my Landy too! @120/tank bike is a good option for regular commutuing and performance is haggard as the boys said about poor octane also.
Old 08-27-2008, 03:36 PM

da Liks is a decent person

gas prices are through the ROOF over here in the netherlands..
Old 08-27-2008, 03:43 PM

Nellie636 is a decent person

600's should be ran with 91, if you run less ur **** will ping in high rpms. using any type of cleaner or octane booster you should always change your plugs after running it through the motor, a major factor in detonation is dirty fouled plugs, and excessively gapped plugs. your spark plugs can tell you everything you want to know about how your bike is running. i change my plugs after every pass down the dragstrip in my car, consistency!

manufacturers design the ecu's to be mapped for a certain octane level for optimum performance, you change how much air is introduced to the vehicle you then have to remap, its the same for cars as it is bikes. i worked for a performance shop for 3 years and all i did was superchargers and helped with tuning.

the only bike that should ever run anything more then 91 (wish we had 93 here) are 1000 cc bikes. for some reason ive seen great returns with 1000 cc running 100 octane.

ITS ALL ABOUT UR PLUGS BOYS! learn to check them regularly, if you dont know what to look for go buy any chillton it will tell you what each color means, im already tired from writing this essay :YEAH