gas/octane.....does it matter??

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2008, 02:14 AM
unemployment anonymous

wheelburns is a jewel in the roughwheelburns is a jewel in the roughwheelburns is a jewel in the roughwheelburns is a jewel in the rough
Re: gas/octane.....does it matter??

Originally Posted by Cworley
my wrecked bike sat for over a year and i put about a gallon of airplane fuel wich is like 110 octane to burn all the cobwebbs out and she runs like a strapped *** ape. but i don't wanna burn anything up so i just ran a gallon to get it up running good and then back to the ol' 93 octane. (07 gsxr 600
airplane fuel at most is 100 octane and its leaded so its horrible for your valves. you dont have high enough compression or the ability to advance your timing to make it worth while.
Old 08-25-2008, 02:18 AM
unemployment anonymous

wheelburns is a jewel in the roughwheelburns is a jewel in the roughwheelburns is a jewel in the roughwheelburns is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by crashtest 750
all bikes are desinged to run on 87 octaine. Just read your owners manual.

bullshit my 1000rr says run 91+
Old 08-25-2008, 02:22 AM
Stuntride.com

R1wonder is a glorious beacon of lightR1wonder is a glorious beacon of lightR1wonder is a glorious beacon of lightR1wonder is a glorious beacon of lightR1wonder is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by wheelburns
bullshit my 1000rr says run 91+
+1 sticker on my r1 says 91 min or higher.
Old 08-25-2008, 02:30 AM
unemployment anonymous

Originally Posted by R1Wonder
+1 sticker on my r1 says 91 min or higher.
stock bikes now run like 12.5:1 compression esspeacialy the liter bikes that kids a putz
Old 08-25-2008, 02:38 AM
Stuntride.com

R1wonder is a glorious beacon of lightR1wonder is a glorious beacon of lightR1wonder is a glorious beacon of lightR1wonder is a glorious beacon of lightR1wonder is a glorious beacon of light

were jackin the thread
Old 08-25-2008, 02:50 AM
unemployment anonymous

Originally Posted by R1Wonder
were jackin the thread
not really its all true info not like we are talkin about how funny tropic thunder is
Old 08-25-2008, 03:05 AM
Stuntride.com

cool website ya got there. here are some more answers for you all

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/How_to_hav...alreadyAsked=1

and

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_is_a_stoppie

and

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_is_a_...alreadyAsked=1

and

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_does_...re_you_a_squid

Old 08-25-2008, 08:38 PM
I Chose to No Longer Post

Ryan S is a decent person

thanks for the advice.....i've never had a problem with low octane until now.....must have a bad map in this bike.....weird
Old 08-25-2008, 08:49 PM

FreezeSBFreaks is a decent person

my gixxer is designed to run on 87. Running 91 actually loses about 1hp. other 600's are designed for 91.

Just run what it wants
Old 08-25-2008, 09:10 PM

krazykyle85 is a decent person

i only run 91. an im constantly having problems with overheating, pinging/detonation, and all this crap from drifting madness....

i hate it....
im sure my engine is F*****! (censored for the children) hahaa

anyone have one forsale

Last edited by krazykyle85; 08-25-2008 at 09:11 PM. Reason: save the whales!
Old 08-25-2008, 10:09 PM
I Chose to No Longer Post

Ryan S is a decent person

Originally Posted by krazykyle85
i only run 91. an im constantly having problems with overheating, pinging/detonation, and all this crap from drifting madness....

i hate it....
im sure my engine is F*****! (censored for the children) hahaa

anyone have one forsale
drifting is addictive as hell......i'm sure my motor is suffering from it as well.
Old 08-25-2008, 10:28 PM

636squid is a decent person

Average bike even 600's are at least 12:1 compression and the higher the compression the higher octane gas you have to run. 87 octane will make your bike run like ****!!!! Run premium I mean really it's only like 3/1/2 gallons if that, how much $ could that cost. If it's pinging with premium the damage could be done the manufacturers don't recommend premium because they have a deal with oil companies, it's for a reason, thats what it was designed to run off.

I didn't read all of this thread so this info might already been given but seriously do you need to know this, run premium.

Last edited by 636squid; 08-25-2008 at 10:31 PM.
Old 08-26-2008, 12:48 AM

FreezeSBFreaks is a decent person

Originally Posted by 636squid
Average bike even 600's are at least 12:1 compression and the higher the compression the higher octane gas you have to run. 87 octane will make your bike run like ****!!!! Run premium I mean really it's only like 3/1/2 gallons if that, how much $ could that cost. If it's pinging with premium the damage could be done the manufacturers don't recommend premium because they have a deal with oil companies, it's for a reason, thats what it was designed to run off.

I didn't read all of this thread so this info might already been given but seriously do you need to know this, run premium.
again, it's bike dependent
Old 08-26-2008, 03:24 AM

krazykyle85 is a decent person

Originally Posted by Ryan S
drifting is addictive as hell......i'm sure my motor is suffering from it as well.
hell ya and im a junkie....
if there isnt many people at the spot ill jus go nuts drifting all over an into stoppies then more drifts an so on an it always ends in alot of steam an my bike pissing engine ice all over the lot.....:YEAH
Old 08-26-2008, 04:44 AM
Stunt Lifes Biggest Hater

Cworley is a decent person

Originally Posted by wheelburns
airplane fuel at most is 100 octane and its leaded so its horrible for your valves. you dont have high enough compression or the ability to advance your timing to make it worth while.

either your full of it or the air stip here in town is.... it's clearly marked 110... went and asked the guy today before i threw the ol' b.s. flag and he said they order 110 octane...... the only reason i wouldn't burn it often is because it's not a really oiled gas and could potent. burn valves.
Old 08-26-2008, 08:48 AM
WWW.Sickinnovations.com

Suicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to behold

this is from a forum you can google it if you want

Would this work the same way seafoam does or no? posted by Pythias

Seafoam is nothing more than a solvent... Primarily mineral spirits with some perfume and dye. It does however work the same way in that both substantially increase combustion temperature when poured into the carburetor, throttle body or siphoned through a vacuum source. However, mineral spirits will cause less harm to the O2 and cat. Here's the good part. You can buy a quart of Seafoam for about $6 or a five gallon bucket of spirits for about $18. How much is the perfume and dye worth to you? posted by vwhobo

Mineral spirits will accomplish essentially the same thing as Seafoam at a much lower cost. Don't forget to add some Brut to make it smell pretty. posted by vwhobo

**** i forgot to add the atf part
Old 08-26-2008, 08:50 AM

nags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for rep

I love Seafoam
Old 08-26-2008, 09:45 AM
WWW.Sickinnovations.com

Suicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by nags
I love Semen
Old 08-26-2008, 10:32 AM

boostnm3 is a decent person

Originally Posted by DURTY-636

Haha good 1, nags didnt know you liked it that much
Old 08-26-2008, 12:51 PM

SAMBO is an unknown quantity at this point

I ran 87 in my bike and it ran like poop. I had to put lucas fuel cleaner to fix it. 93 all the way

Quick Reply: gas/octane.....does it matter??