Knocking noise?

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2008, 04:51 AM
Bacons Hot, Need a Spot

cjoec01 has much to be proud ofcjoec01 has much to be proud ofcjoec01 has much to be proud ofcjoec01 has much to be proud ofcjoec01 has much to be proud ofcjoec01 has much to be proud ofcjoec01 has much to be proud ofcjoec01 has much to be proud ofcjoec01 has much to be proud ofcjoec01 has much to be proud of
Knocking noise?

Been down for awhile, so stunted out my 07 zx6r, now back at it. With this bike I'll get a knocking when slowing down a lot then I'll stall if I don't feather the clutch. Same knocking as if you were stopping in third gear and didn't pull in the clutch. I've played with idle alittle 2000-3500. Found it more prone to knock and stall with it higher when tring to crawl along. Geared pretty short 16/60, might try 14/60 n see if helps. I guess my question is; is this what everyone means by shitty/no low end? Any thing else I can to do help with this besides more gearing? Otherwise love the bike. Thanks
Old 08-19-2008, 02:30 PM
AZ's Finest!

*Tanus* will become famous soon enough
Re: Knocking noise?

your questions kinda confusing. if its knocking, about the only thing you can do is add some thicker oil and hope for the best. If the low end sucks you can add more gearing, and make sure the bike is running tip-top. stock exhaust helps too.
Old 08-19-2008, 02:35 PM

Towlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of light

Only a guess, but Im guessing your raping the brake to hard, and using too much throttle to make up for it, giving you that low end bog effect and 'knocking'

if you posted up a video we could help you a LOT more!
Old 08-19-2008, 02:38 PM

apfire26 will become famous soon enough

I don't have a problem with knocking. It seems to have a pretty loud valve tick but its had that pretty much since I got it. I have a 60 rear and i run my idle about 3300. I would go down 1 on the front but I stripped the sprocket nut.
It will stall very easy, you have to be very light on the brake. I'm starting to get used to mine now and most of the time I can tell when its ready to stall instead of it catching me by surprise, so its not a big deal. But it does take time to get used to it.
I hope the knocking you hear is not somthing too bad.......
Old 08-19-2008, 02:40 PM

Towlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of light

Again this is only a guess

but I imagine his knocking he is hearing, is the low end knock that all bikes get when you go WAY to low into the rpm, and are on the throttle to hard

at least my bike, and all my friends bikes do it..

Someone said to me it was "piston slap" and the pistons were slapping from bogging.. But that sounds like bs to me
Old 08-19-2008, 02:42 PM

apfire26 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Towlieee
Again this is only a guess

but I imagine his knocking he is hearing, is the low end knock that all bikes get when you go WAY to low into the rpm, and are on the throttle to hard

at least my bike, and all my friends bikes do it..

Someone said to me it was "piston slap" and the pistons were slapping from bogging.. But that sounds like bs to me
Yeah, I know what your talking about. Now that you say that, I'm sure thats what it is, especially if he's stalling right afterward.
Old 08-19-2008, 03:25 PM
Bacons Hot, Need a Spot

cjoec01 has much to be proud ofcjoec01 has much to be proud ofcjoec01 has much to be proud ofcjoec01 has much to be proud ofcjoec01 has much to be proud ofcjoec01 has much to be proud ofcjoec01 has much to be proud ofcjoec01 has much to be proud ofcjoec01 has much to be proud ofcjoec01 has much to be proud of

I think towlieee probally right about raping the the brake then bogging with throttle, it is the low end knock. Have had it on the 99 but it would take a lot more brake.