Differences In Cages

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2008, 01:20 PM

netto is a decent person
Differences In Cages

I want to know if there are any cages that are way better and any cages that really suck. From looking on forums and other places on the internet I found that Tygershark cages are the best and 905's are good but uncomfortable. How are the rest ie: powers, si, and fi? Any suggestions on what to get
Old 08-18-2008, 01:24 PM

Towlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Differences In Cages

Powers takes forever to ship, I think they are pretty strong cages, but don't expect to get it within 2 months, and also I believe they drag the ground when you corner.

Tygershark kicks ***, but I have heard a few cases of broken stator covers with them, but they do have a lifetime warrenty against anything on it breaking.. Unforetinetly that lifetime warrenty doesn't cover stator covers

SI kicks ***, but they have really small tubing, so you have a good chance of losing sockets while installing it, and once it bends, its a bitch to take off and put back on.. They could EASILY fix this by making there tubing just 1/4" bigger, but they don't, and I don't see why

FI and 905 IMO are junk. They break/bend easy. Only way I would run either is if I got them REALLY cheap..

SI or tygershark are the way to go. Both them cages let you drag peg without dragging cage, and both are built strong as **** :YEAH
Old 08-18-2008, 01:25 PM
JMZ
Like I Give A Fu@k!

JMZ is a decent person

www.sickinnovations.com :YEAH
Old 08-18-2008, 02:18 PM

DrasticDan is an unknown quantity at this point

http://tygersharkcages.com/

:YEAH :YEAH :YEAH :YEAH :YEAH :YEAH :YEAH :YEAH :YEAH :YEAH :YEAH

All the way!!!!!!!!!

As for the stator covers that was before thay added the extra brace on it!
I have beet the **** out of mine and it still asks for more!!
Its a bit steep in price but you get what you pay for!!! This spring loaded cage takes away a ton of the impact from your frame and motor!

Last edited by DrasticDan; 08-18-2008 at 02:22 PM.
Old 08-18-2008, 02:32 PM
I Chose to No Longer Post

3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future

Si all the way.
Hands down best cage, especially for the F4i. I have seen more pro riders slam bikes and walk away with nothing wrong with an SI cage on than any other brand. They also have amazing customer service - Ian is the only cage company owner that regularly frequents this site to make sure he is delivering what the riders want (not to mention he stunts himself - so he knows what a rider needs) along with great customer service. feel free to read many of the cage discussion threads on here and you will see the overwhelming support for them - because their product works, they have great customer service, and they are more than reasonably priced.
Old 08-18-2008, 02:32 PM

krazykyle85 is a decent person

all cages will bend break an get scratched and there all a pain in the *** to install or remove when bent but 905 in my opinion is garbage unless your geting them freeeeeeeeeeee...

F.I. is pretty good till you forget to keep your mounting hardware tight an the cage starts get beatnup hahaha

S.I. same arguement as above with the small tubing.

tygershark i like there design and great cages as long as you get the one with the cross bar and jus keep your hardware tight like on everyother cage. but the old designs like to flex an break stator covers.......

powers, not a big fan.... see'n to many broken frames..........

but i recomend son dooby designs.... AKA son shine design
i have one on my 03 636 and its taken a beating so far. he uses chromoly tubing while other companys are using cheaper materials to save cost...
the cheaper materials bend an break, which can be good for saving your bike but also means you have to add a new cage to your parts list after your fall ive tossed my bike good an my cage still goes on an off easy an looks good. my only mistake was not running the sliders hahahah

Name:  XDLcircle.jpg
Views: 6
Size:  81.1 KB

Name:  0.jpg
Views: 6
Size:  85.4 KB
Old 08-18-2008, 02:34 PM

JHooD231 is an unknown quantity at this point

tyger shark.

holla!
Old 08-18-2008, 02:51 PM
Gg no Re K ThX

Blitzburgh is a decent person

best bang for your buck S.I but they dont make them for my bike. gay.
Old 08-18-2008, 03:02 PM
sickinnovations.com

PUNKON1WHEEL is a decent person

If you have any more questions about an SI cage email directly at ian@sickinnovations.com. Thanks man. Ive heard good things about tigershark as well.
Old 08-18-2008, 03:20 PM

Tiretrauma is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by scott3824
Si all the way.
Hands down best cage, especially for the F4i. I have seen more pro riders slam bikes and walk away with nothing wrong with an SI cage on than any other brand. They also have amazing customer service - Ian is the only cage company owner that regularly frequents this site to make sure he is delivering what the riders want (not to mention he stunts himself - so he knows what a rider needs) along with great customer service. feel free to read many of the cage discussion threads on here and you will see the overwhelming support for them - because their product works, they have great customer service, and they are more than reasonably priced.
+100000000000000000000000
I ride with a bunch of real good riders and they all swear by SI. I bought my bike with a FI and have been warned so as soon as $ allows Ill be switching. Not too mention, SI made a cool calendar that everyone got for free with SSB!!:YEAH :YEAH and they do group buys and discounts, this is what good business is about.

powers is garbage. I broke mine in 4 places, called them to see if I sent it to them they would fix it, (not for free I wouldve paid) I couldnt even get a call back. Same for my friend who had one on his f4i, it was bent to **** and powers wouldnt call him back. Again, we wouldve paid, but got nothing.
Old 08-18-2008, 03:28 PM

Towlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Tiretrauma
Not too mention, SI made a cool calendar that everyone got for free with SSB!!:
Calender is dope :YEAH
Old 08-18-2008, 03:55 PM
Full Fairing!

Jonne_J is an unknown quantity at this point

I´ve seen SI take a serious beating multiple times on vids, and with the SI I´ve crashed alot training HC circles and haven´t broke a thing on my R6

Don´t even roll onto your tank or clipons if you have the sliders!
Old 08-18-2008, 03:59 PM

dirty mike is a decent person

ill attest to tyger shark...i ahd the predator on mine and i was tossing mine a lot trying to learn O's.....serisouly like 10-20 times a day and i rode mine EVERYday.....and i had no problems whatsoever......
Old 08-18-2008, 04:11 PM

SON DOOBY is a decent person

im not sure what anyone else is using.. but for special people like kyle... his 100% chromoly cage is bulletproof.
if you think strong means broken frames and motor mounts you are wrong .. i have also used 120 wall DOM and that STILL bends on heavy crashes.. but after about 10 of them..( thanks to my GF who is responsible for that test data ) newer GSXR s are notorious for broken frames... ask Jstuntlocke..lol... and after 10 +..... 12 o clocke pancakes with strong quality thick wall material... no broken frame..no stripped motor mounts.. and over 500$ savings of what it would have costed you after 10 crashes with any other brand. .. so better material and design will equal a better product.. plain and simple.

IMO.. 905 is the worst .. especially when it comes to whatever material they use..
Old 08-18-2008, 04:21 PM
†★ King of brake lines ★†

Juca has a brilliant futureJuca has a brilliant futureJuca has a brilliant futureJuca has a brilliant futureJuca has a brilliant futureJuca has a brilliant futureJuca has a brilliant futureJuca has a brilliant futureJuca has a brilliant futureJuca has a brilliant futureJuca has a brilliant future

S.I .... best cage
Old 08-18-2008, 04:33 PM

T'RIC'KY will become famous soon enough

My bike already pancaked a couple time from 12 o clock and my SI Cage took it like a champ, that´s why I stay with SI for the new bike + the customer service is way better than on any other brand!
Old 08-18-2008, 04:34 PM
u been huffin?

f4ibry is an unknown quantity at this point

905 is basically home depot pipe joined together with Kwik steel painted the new $.99 a can Walmart "gloss black"
Old 08-18-2008, 04:40 PM

SON DOOBY is a decent person

Originally Posted by f4ibry
905 is basically home depot pipe joined together with Kwik steel painted the new $.99 a can Walmart "gloss black"
home depot prob has better quality
Old 08-18-2008, 04:51 PM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

E RacK can only hope to improve

yo son, hit me lookin for 03/04 636 goods.
Old 08-18-2008, 04:53 PM

dirty mike is a decent person

Originally Posted by SON DOOBY
im not sure what anyone else is using.. but for special people like kyle... his 100% chromoly cage is bulletproof.
if you think strong means broken frames and motor mounts you are wrong .. i have also used 120 wall DOM and that STILL bends on heavy crashes.. but after about 10 of them..( thanks to my GF who is responsible for that test data ) newer GSXR s are notorious for broken frames... ask Jstuntlocke..lol... and after 10 +..... 12 o clocke pancakes with strong quality thick wall material... no broken frame..no stripped motor mounts.. and over 500$ savings of what it would have costed you after 10 crashes with any other brand. .. so better material and design will equal a better product.. plain and simple.

IMO.. 905 is the worst .. especially when it comes to whatever material they use..
hey any pics on F4i's?....one of the biggest upsides to the tygershard was there was not a pipe stickin straight out for my lanky *** to bang my shins on ALL the time......

Quick Reply: Differences In Cages