New bike Wheelies....

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2008, 01:17 AM
Maniac Rider

FastJetta97 is a decent person
New bike Wheelies....

So im still fairly new to the stunt game.... been riding for a long time....

anyways got a new bike cbr900rr less then a week ago and took it out tonight and did some real fun highway riding with a bunch of friends....

then went to a spot i know and started my wheelie session.... anyways finally after gettin bored of workin on 1st gears... went to a long road i know and tried some 2nd gears....

WOW i love this bike.... im sure some of you can relate to the first time you pulled up your first real good solid wheelie...

i clucted it up at like 20 ish and it came up perfect to the BP and i just rode it out and man... IT FELT SO FREEKIN AWSOME.....

anyways... hopein to get a procket chain to help out the wheelie situation and gotta remember to add and extra 1/2 to full quart of oil so i dont starve it....
Old 08-13-2008, 01:23 AM

Juar3z is a decent person
Re: New bike Wheelies....

dude u should have never posted this thread they r going to tear u apart....

Last edited by Juar3z; 08-13-2008 at 01:30 AM.
Old 08-13-2008, 01:25 AM

Tucker R6! is a splendid one to beholdTucker R6! is a splendid one to beholdTucker R6! is a splendid one to beholdTucker R6! is a splendid one to beholdTucker R6! is a splendid one to beholdTucker R6! is a splendid one to beholdTucker R6! is a splendid one to behold

oil pick up bro

go big with the sprocket like nothin below 66teeth hahah
Old 08-13-2008, 01:25 AM

Tucker R6! is a splendid one to beholdTucker R6! is a splendid one to beholdTucker R6! is a splendid one to beholdTucker R6! is a splendid one to beholdTucker R6! is a splendid one to beholdTucker R6! is a splendid one to beholdTucker R6! is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Juar3z
dude u should never posted this thread they r going to tear u apart....

hahah word
Old 08-13-2008, 01:28 AM

k7-600 will become famous soon enough

who else wants some?
Old 08-13-2008, 01:28 AM
use code "handy" 4 magura

stuntsteel is a decent person

good luck with it... they are torquey bikes... you wont need to go up too much...

P- (484) 494-3136
Old 08-13-2008, 01:43 AM

sdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Tucker R6!
oil pick up bro

go big with the sprocket like nothin below 66teeth hahah
theres only 2 bikes that stuntex made pickups for the f4i and gsxr...
Old 08-13-2008, 01:43 AM
Say what again!

malott442 is a decent person

Originally Posted by FastJetta97
So im still fairly new to the stunt game.... been riding for a long time....

anyways got a new bike cbr900rr less then a week ago and took it out tonight and did some real fun highway riding with a bunch of friends....

then went to a spot i know and started my wheelie session.... anyways finally after gettin bored of workin on 1st gears... went to a long road i know and tried some 2nd gears....

WOW i love this bike.... im sure some of you can relate to the first time you pulled up your first real good solid wheelie...

i clucted it up at like 20 ish and it came up perfect to the BP and i just rode it out and man... IT FELT SO FREEKIN AWSOME.....

anyways... hopein to get a procket chain to help out the wheelie situation and gotta remember to add and extra 1/2 to full quart of oil so i dont starve it....
Why did you get bored with first gear????? When selecting "prockets", be sure to figure out how far you are going to drive it, and at what speed. Then keep in mind that having a tow available is essential. Getting stranded in the woods with a busted bike and a dislocated shoulder is not fun! Especially when the cops show up...... Not like I would know/
Old 08-13-2008, 03:14 AM

YSRRider is just really niceYSRRider is just really niceYSRRider is just really niceYSRRider is just really niceYSRRider is just really nice

What year is your 900? Get comfortable with your wheelies on the street before you put a sprocket on it. I had a 56 rear with the stock size in front and I thought it was perfect. 2nd gear had awesome torque for spreaders and HC's, wasnt twitchy at all. 2nd gear was still good on the street if you picked it up under 40mph, over 50 I used 3rd. My rear brake was **** for some reason, I tried everything to get it to work better, the only thing I didnt change was the rotor. That sucked for learning idle and the bike was just heavy, but still rocked for street stunts..... I miss it!
Old 08-13-2008, 11:35 AM
Maniac Rider

Originally Posted by YSRRider
What year is your 900? Get comfortable with your wheelies on the street before you put a sprocket on it. I had a 56 rear with the stock size in front and I thought it was perfect. 2nd gear had awesome torque for spreaders and HC's, wasnt twitchy at all. 2nd gear was still good on the street if you picked it up under 40mph, over 50 I used 3rd. My rear brake was **** for some reason, I tried everything to get it to work better, the only thing I didnt change was the rotor. That sucked for learning idle and the bike was just heavy, but still rocked for street stunts..... I miss it!
how fast could you go on the highway with the 56 rear...?

its a 99' 900rr.... yeah right now all the gearing is totally stock and it will willie 1st and second pretty easily.... but i wanna be able to have a lot more control....

Originally Posted by malott442
Why did you get bored with first gear????? When selecting "prockets", be sure to figure out how far you are going to drive it, and at what speed.
oh and sorry i deff never get bored of wheelies in any gear i was just saying i wanted to do something different for a while so i moved onto 2nd gear and the parkin lot i was in didn't seem big enough.... and yeah i deff wanna keep it daily drivable....

Last edited by FastJetta97; 08-13-2008 at 11:55 AM.
Old 08-13-2008, 11:51 AM

YoungBuck is a decent person

its a 99' 900rr.... yeah right now all the gearing is totally stock and it will willie 1st and second pretty easily.... but i wanna be able to have a lot more control....

oh and sorry i deff never get bored of wheelies in any gear i was just saying i wanted to do something different for a while so i moved onto 2nd gear and the parkin lot i was in didn't seem big enough....

I made more guys :YEAH
Old 08-13-2008, 12:05 PM

YSRRider is just really niceYSRRider is just really niceYSRRider is just really niceYSRRider is just really niceYSRRider is just really nice

oh and sorry i deff never get bored of wheelies in any gear i was just saying i wanted to do something different for a while so i moved onto 2nd gear and the parkin lot i was in didn't seem big enough....
my bike did about 190 with that gear. I have never seen a speedo on a bike bury so fast LOL!!!!!! I think when I ran next to a buddy on a stock bike it still did about 130 which is plenty fast for the street. The great thing about the 900 is that it has lots of torque but even with the 56 it wasnt twitchy at all. I loved that bike but I just wanted something different. If you come across a used DYNA2000 ignition for it get it! I had one in mine only because I had an electrical problem that no one could hunt down, the DYNA greatly improved the throttle response, the bike felt more like a 929. I replaced just about every electrical component on the bike and it still wouldnt get spark, gave my buddy $45.00 for the DYNA that he wasnt using and it fired right up and ran better than it had before. I suggest a 905 cage for it, my buddy had an FI cage, when he crashed, he crashed hard and kept breaking motor mounts on the engine, the 905 attaches to 2 mounts instead of just one.
Old 08-13-2008, 02:46 PM
Maniac Rider

hahhaaha yeah i will be satisfied with doing 130 for street riding.... my buddies i roll with love to go out on these country roads and just dominate the speedo for like an hour doing well into the 160's.....

personally i would much rather be in a parkin lot somewhere doing wheelie's and stoppies all day then go out and do that.... not that doing 150 isn't fun now and then.... LOL

Last edited by FastJetta97; 08-13-2008 at 02:48 PM.
Old 08-13-2008, 04:19 PM

crashtest 750 has a spectacular aura aboutcrashtest 750 has a spectacular aura aboutcrashtest 750 has a spectacular aura about

You wont more control??? Try getting it down in first and clutching it up at a dead stop. That way when you flit it you wont die or be in the hospital for the season.
Old 08-13-2008, 04:20 PM

crashtest 750 has a spectacular aura aboutcrashtest 750 has a spectacular aura aboutcrashtest 750 has a spectacular aura about

Drop your tire pressure to 20 lbs and it will be stable.
Old 08-13-2008, 04:24 PM

What ever you desided to do buddy. Just tape it for us
Old 08-13-2008, 06:07 PM
Maniac Rider

hahahaha.... thanks for the encouragement guys... LOL....

yeah i already wrecked a wheelie at like 60... dont need to do that again.... (sadly not on tape or i would share)

and i wasn't by any means saying im real good so i want more control im just trying to make learning and gettin better as easy as possible... im deff willing and planning on puttin in tons of hours of practice wit this bike....

yeah i will deff drop some tire pressure when i go out to do some sessions.... (and try to get a buddy to films some stuff)
Old 08-13-2008, 06:10 PM

hahahaha.... thanks for the encouragement guys... LOL....

yeah i already wrecked a wheelie at like 60... dont need to do that again.... (sadly not on tape or i would share)

and i wasn't by any means saying im real good so i want more control im just trying to make learning and gettin better as easy as possible... im deff willing and planning on puttin in tons of hours of practice wit this bike....

yeah i will deff drop some tire pressure when i go out to do some sessions.... (and try to get a buddy to films some stuff)

If I read that correctly I dont think you walked away from a 60 MPH crash. Let alone ride away on your bike. If your going to your way through life or this thread think again. The OG's and the regulars will tear you apart before you can even double think.

Old 08-13-2008, 06:26 PM
Maniac Rider

well i dont know why you think i said i walked away or drove away from it.... but no the bike def did not drive away from it.... but i assure you i walked away in pretty decent shape.... it was a 2nd gear wheelie on my old bike.....

had some rash on both ankles... left calve... left upper upper thigh, left lower back and right hand got some threw my glove.... but i got right up after it happened and walked over to the grass and sat down for a few.... so no broken bones or anything like that means walked away for me....

i got real lucky though cause i had long jeans, gloves, helmet and a leather jacket on... so it wasn't all that bad....

the bike though was down for about 2 or 3 weeks gettin fixed.... mostly time spend waiting for parts..... broken Ign. cover... bent this and that... broken tailight and blah blah blah....
Old 08-13-2008, 06:47 PM
Say what again!

malott442 is a decent person

Originally Posted by YoungBuck
If I read that correctly I dont think you walked away from a 60 MPH crash. Let alone ride away on your bike. If your going to your way through life or this thread think again. The OG's and the regulars will tear you apart before you can even double think.

It's all about how lucky you are and how much gear you wear. I was sideswiped by a car at 70 and hit the ground doing about the same speed..... I had rash on my palms (through the gloves), and on my knees (through the jeans)..... All witnesses told me they thought I was dead sliding and eventually tumbling from my high side.....

I had other bruises and scrapes, but I picked up my bike and put it in the back of my buddie's truck.. Next day I put new handlebar on it and clutch lever, and though it looked bad, it was rideable. When it high sided it landed on the left side and slid down the road facing as if it was being driven. I may be lucky, but I don't think it was rare to walk from a downer above 50.

But then again I was on an old tank Buell and wearing good boots and upper gear.

I would'nt jump on the wagon yet.

I'm not swinging any nuts, he just wants advice.

The best advice I can give ya bro is to find local stunters and talk face to face, watch them ride, wheelie for em, and let them yell at you and what not.
No one said learning is fun all the time!

Quick Reply: New bike Wheelies....