Stunt riding will never go anywhere.

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2008, 08:42 PM

Nascency Chris is a decent person
Re: Stunt riding will never go anywhere.

wow, what a thread...way to go ***** and rob...

the arguement that all of these companies are throwing money at the sport is not so good really...companies routinely throw money into things and kinda wait and see what takes off...if they do not feel they have gotten ROI (return on investment) that money will walk away faster than you can blink...someone else said it earlier...if those same companies are going strong and supporting the sport (and the riders are supporting those companies at the same time)five or ten years from now then maybe we can talk rob into eating one of *****'s shoes (which will probably still match his paint, even ten years from now ) at this ten year reunion ***** wants to do...

now, that being said...in alot of aspects there has been a ton of new exposure, interest, and involvement from alot of companies that has not been there in the past...what happens now depends alot on what ALL of us do...good and bad...i am not a smart enough guy to say whats gonna happen down the road, but there are alot of different possibilities...

and rowdy, maybe if you quit myspacin' it up all the damn time and came out you would see some of this speed and danger you miss so much...
Old 08-08-2008, 08:42 PM

S.I.T can only hope to improve

Originally Posted by DURTY-636
i was in 4 videos i think. i can not help what the people that film put in their videos. But there was a group in o-town back in the day that rode pretty much every night. i did not put a lot in to my riding because i have always just rode for fun. i can care less if this goes anywhere or not but most of the people that i rode with were all very good riders and all went on to search for a career in something else that will give them a good life down the road instead of being like a circus clown and traveling getting no where in life. i know people that have given up relationships and choose not to be with there own kids to try and make it stunting. to me that is just stupidity that they will regret later in life when they have nothing more than a stuntbike and a dream. and thats the way i see it. take it how you want but i would not own a house, boat, 3 vehicles and bike without putting in real work in this world. so if you are happy in a apt or renting something with 6 other people and will never have anything of your own or to retire on. keep on chasing

That's understandable. I'm not saying for every rider out there that thinks they can ride or stunt, to quit their life and just give it all to riding. Not saying that at all. Anyone with a lick of sense should know that stunting right now, in it's infant stages, is not the means to live a comfortable lifestyle. That's just ludicrous. Your right. Setup your life now. Make something for your life now, so in case you go chasing this "so-called pipe dream", if it doesnt work out, you can come back to being stable and having security. Stuntriding won't put food on the table for a family of four. I concede. But for the lucky few that CAN put time and effort into this, while also having something to fall back on, should give it a go, IF and only IF they really want it.

Not saying your wrong because you look at this as just a hobby and time to spend with your friends just riding and bullshittin, but like I said, to think that this sport doesnt have the probability to go anywhere is, in a sense, hating.

Think it was easy for skaters like mullen and hawk to get where they were right now? Nope. But they saw that it had potential, and look where skating has evolved to now...

Same with freestyle MX, dirt racing, AMA, snowboarding....hell even BOWLING for crying out loud.....

Like I said, not wholey disagreeing with you, but saying that stunting doesnt have the oppurtunity to go anywhere is just closed-mindedness....
Old 08-08-2008, 08:43 PM

SCOTT_Chychul has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Here is my two cents. Stunting WILL MAKE X GAMES because they had ******* STREET LOUGE for **** sakes. BUT if everyone is doing the same circle combo's it will last just about as long as street louge did. I also think it wont be the best riders that make the money, its the best marketer's that will do it. Its like i try making more money at this **** but i just cant talk to suits dont know what the **** im doing cuz i spend my time riding not making buisness deals so chances are all i will ever be is just some Canadian punk stunter. But i do think it will go places eventually because unlike motox people can relate because its so easy now that everyone can do it with not too much work so they can come out and have fun at the lots too. Moto x is just so mind blowing and dangerous people pay to see the holly **** factor. Ive seen more then i can cound people now within one year learn almost every trick there is in ONE YEAR. The top buisness inclined riders are the ones that will take the cake though.
Old 08-08-2008, 08:45 PM
WWW.Sickinnovations.com

Suicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Nascency Chris

the arguement that all of these companies are throwing money at the sport is not so good really...companies routinely throw money into things and kinda wait and see what takes off...if they do not feel they have gotten ROI (return on investment) that money will walk away faster than you can blink...someone else said it earlier...if those same companies are going strong and supporting the sport (and the riders are supporting those companies at the same time)five or ten years from now then maybe we can talk rob into eating one of *****'s shoes (which will probably still match his paint, even ten years from now ) at this ten year reunion ***** wants to do...

now, that being said...in alot of aspects there has been a ton of new exposure, interest, and involvement from alot of companies that has not been there in the past...what happens now depends alot on what ALL of us do...good and bad...i am not a smart enough guy to say whats gonna happen down the road, but there are alot of different possibilities...

and rowdy, maybe if you quit myspacin' it up all the damn time and came out you would see some of this speed and danger you miss so much...
Haha i did not make this. i am just stating my

See you soon
Old 08-08-2008, 08:51 PM

HighStyles has a spectacular aura aboutHighStyles has a spectacular aura about

i dont' get why anyone of you cares what the **** anyone else rides for.. if you wanna ride for fun ride for fun.. if you wanna try to make it a career then try.. who gives a ****.. i've never met anyone in the stunt community that didn't have a job.. i don't know how that even got brought up.. i love to ride.. i ride almost every day after workin 10 hours i put money away.. i do shows here and there for a couple extra bucks.. i have a few sponsors cause everyone likes free ****.. and if the sport goes big hell yeah.. and if it don't .. **** it.. but i'll tell ya what.. its way more entertaining to watch then half the **** on tv now..
Old 08-08-2008, 09:12 PM

Ky-Moonshiner is a decent person

do it for the animals, i mean chicks, no pie!

I think it's all in how people market themselves, it can be a bettign sport just liek raceing theres hustlers everywhere where somethings popular, also side markets such as TV stuntmen, they might take a fall or a punch, but theres not many that can stunt a bike. None of the things we see in film or in magazines is done for free.
Old 08-08-2008, 09:12 PM

D-buck D.F.L is an unknown quantity at this point

I used 2 say the same thing, untill i saw how xgames was this year, they only showed like 4 riders from each event, i could see that, and if it was a course it would be cool, like going down a stretch. gatta endo so many feet and park, endo up, across, than down, circle around **** yadda, yadda, think outside the box, that type of **** wouldnt be boring
Old 08-08-2008, 09:17 PM

DIRTYJEFF636s is a decent person

Originally Posted by apfire26
Who gives a ****? Just ride! If it takes you places, great!
If is doesn't, who cares, your going to ride anyway right?
People are getting all butt hurt for no reason, just over other peoples opinions.
+1 just do what u love :YEAH either a hobby or career just have fun
Old 08-08-2008, 09:17 PM

warguy is a decent person

for real i dont know whay everyone is getting so upset, people have their own opinions, so what. I do think it's going somewhere and i think i have progressed real fast compared to some people but i just do it for fun. ive got a full time job, and im gettin two degrees right now. one in business administration and theatre(acting emphisis( ok i know let the bashing occur i know im going to get flamed for this but hey i like to entertain so whatever)) anyways everyone should just do what they feel like and have fun.
Old 08-08-2008, 09:29 PM

636squid is a decent person

Originally Posted by TEACH C6
so every kid at the YMCA should quit playing hoops and just focus on getting a job instead of having their sights realistically or unrealiztically set on semipro or pro basketball??
No they shouldn't focus on getting a job they should focus on going to school, aren't you a ******* teacher. Go to college and if your hobby or sport get you somewhere then good, but don't count on it!!! Would you teach your students to be stunt riders, no because for the most part there is no future in it. If you're counting on this sport to get you somwhere you're wasting your time, period. I will admit that it will get bigger but it will take alot of time for the reason that some people have alreasy stated, IT'S BORING TO WATCH!!!!! How many times can you watch some dude do 0's before it gets boring, especially if you're not aware of how hard it truely is. Flatland BMX gets no TV coverage because it's not fun to watch!!!! We are doing flatland sportbike riding and thats it.
Old 08-08-2008, 09:35 PM

HighStyles has a spectacular aura aboutHighStyles has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by 636squid
No they shouldn't focus on getting a job they should focus on going to school, aren't you a ******* teacher. Go to college and if your hobby or sport get you somewhere then good, but don't count on it!!! Would you teach your students to be stunt riders, no because for the most part there is no future in it. If you're counting on this sport to get you somwhere you're wasting your time, period. I will admit that it will get bigger but it will take alot of time for the reason that some people have alreasy stated, IT'S BORING TO WATCH!!!!! How many times can you watch some dude do 0's before it gets boring, especially if you're not aware of how hard it truely is. Flatland BMX gets no TV coverage because it's not fun to watch!!!! We are doing flatland sportbike riding and thats it.
if you can't make it riding then why are people making it riding.. the truth is you lost your passion, i can watch people ride ALL DAY! its boring to you because your bored with it.. learn something new and see what happens.. or you can post up here and bitch about your dream not coming true
Old 08-08-2008, 09:45 PM

Originally Posted by HighStyles
if you can't make it riding then why are people making it riding.. the truth is you lost your passion, i can watch people ride ALL DAY! its boring to you because your bored with it.. learn something new and see what happens.. or you can post up here and bitch about your dream not coming true
I have no dream, I ride for the fun of it!!! I've been on a bike since I was 5. It's not boring to me because I know how hard it is. For the normal public it's boring why do think the backflip is boring in FMX, because they've seen it so many times. In the X games FMX name call they were doing tricks thought immpossible 2 years ago. Watch a FMX event on TV thats not the X Games and see how many people are in the crownd, not many. Remeber i have absolutely no dream about making it big in stunting, I bring home $1400 a week after taxes so there is no dream of being a pro, and I never mentioned it. This sport will go someware but it won't stay there for long.
Old 08-08-2008, 09:58 PM

ClintBorneo is a decent person
Thumbs up Re: Stunt riding will never go anywhere.

Originally Posted by Kevmo7
When you say its boring its only because your used to seeing it all the time!!!!

Alot of the people in the crowds wouldnt have seen anything like it, i agree circles will make them bord after a while, but thats why people mix it up with drifting and long stoppies to get them right into it!!!

And for the sport going big, i havent been on stuntlife for that long, but for the years i have been on here, ive seen it come a very long way, and if it keeps moving at this pace, i can see it getting big in as little as 5 years imo.

If you wanna keep it underground, that your choice, if you wanna take it a bit more seriously, then do it, but its a hard road!

+111111111
I try to push the sport as much as i can in this country, and gaining respect from the other stunters and riders was hard because of my age, but colton proves that you can get mad respect no matter what your age!

Thats my from a young stunter

+1111
Old 08-08-2008, 10:08 PM

NHRR-RIDER is a decent person

i dont think stunting has been around long enough. i mean rally raceing was wicked unpopular until it was on the xgames stunting just needs a push to get it noticed.
Old 08-08-2008, 10:12 PM

What now mother *******!!!!! Keep it black!!!!! :YEAH
Old 08-08-2008, 10:24 PM
Thread Killer!!!

THORPE is a decent person

Gay *** Reality TV is where the $$$ are at

Just that one episode on MTV back in 04 brought so much intrest to the proffesional side of stunt riding it was like history in the making.

I'm sick of so many reality TV show about the stupidest **** and then the no talent people end up famous pullin $$$$$$ outta their ***.

I think if just once they filmed a bunch of non-pros or squids together and let pros teach them and give them task to complete while the world see's how hard this **** is to learn that would explain alot and bring more intrest to what it takes to do what we all take for granted (I'm far from a pro).

I mean DAMN, Now I know how hard it is to be a Bachler having to choose between 20 beatuiful women and that's just from being in the same room as my wife while she watches that stupid ****

It may take a year to film one season but you get the point.
If stupid no talent people can be watched by millions every night then so can stunriders.

ANyway I think Stuntriding will go somewhere for a few (Not ME!) as long as the right approach is found. I think Thomas will find a way eventually to do it bigger than he already has. I just hope it hits in time for Teach and and all other Pros out there to enjoy what they've worked so hard for.
Old 08-08-2008, 10:28 PM
A.M STOPPIE SCHOOL

ROWDY is a decent person

Originally Posted by Nascency Chris

Chris I cant get off the computer... I'm chasing my dreams of tryin to be an "E" gangster. It gets me in less trouble!
Old 08-08-2008, 10:36 PM

Originally Posted by THORPE

It may take a year to film one season but you get the point.
If stupid no talent people can be watched by millions every night then so can stunriders.

hard for.
I bet they can, do you think stunters have more talent than football players? I do, and who makes more money, who makes more money football players or skateboarders? Nobody cares about extreme sports, period. Until some 50 year old dude cares about some guy on a motorcycle there will be no recognition.
Old 08-08-2008, 10:49 PM
Group Moderator

StrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for rep

The way i see it... we control everything that the average streetbike rider especially the younger ones put on there bike, what kind of gear they run, down to what brand casual gear they wear.

Since Icon & Astars started advertising "for the streets" and sponsoring stuntriders... EVERY SINGLE normal dude with a sport bike has there ****.

Stuntriding is the closest thing NORMAL SPORT BIKE RIDERS can relate to. We wear what they wear, we ride what they ride etc...

Think about it. How many AVG. sportbike riders can relate to say Nikki Hayden?... i know i cant. I cant relate to how he rides, what he rides, what he wears, and the lifestyle he lives. Much like any other "famous" or "pro" motorcycle athlete.

We will never be Freestyle motocross. We will never be what the General "action sports" Public wants to see.... so stop looking at it that way. They took skateboard Vert out of the x-games for christ sake. Cause thats not what the "general action sports fan" wants to see.

We might not ever have what the General "action sports" public want to see... But look at how many normal sport bike riders there are.(MILLIONS!) They are wearing what we wear, buying what we buy, buying our videos that we make, and coming out to watch us ride at events.

So i think there is a HUGE future for stuntriding. Your all just looking at it from the wrong angle.

Last edited by StrictlyStunt; 08-08-2008 at 10:53 PM.
Old 08-08-2008, 11:02 PM
Thread Killer!!!

THORPE is a decent person

Same here I know there's more talent & I never have given a **** about Football.

BUT<<<
Most of the people that watch football and other sports with a ball are the same people that grew up with a dream to be a great ball player before reality or "life" set in and now they can sit in their recliner and shout for "their" team like they are on the bench.

Maybe when we're all 50 we'll be sittin in our recliners watching Freestyle stuntriding thinking what could've been.......

On a side note, I work for a construction company. Most people that know me know that I love to ride. All the time these old guys are coming up to me and saying "did you see them crazy bastards on speedvision on them bikes?"

THey will start and before you know it they are talking about past episodes and these guys proly never sat their *** on a bike. THat alone tells me that there is intrest outside of our "group".

Quick Reply: Stunt riding will never go anywhere.